Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Cafe L'Algar vs. Bony's (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1011-cafe-lalgar-vs-bonys.html)

BonysLad 30-09-2005 05:42

Cultural

Pops,

thanks for you best wishes.

Sorry I won't be there in a couple of weeks as in and out next week but determined to find out the future on Bonys.

Perhaps we can have a drink in the Cultural in 06 ?

If we were to have a monthly forum meeting in PP, perhaps some of us would co-incide ?

BonysLad:D

chelseadons 30-09-2005 20:30

Cultural

Rob

Your right about restaurants reading the forum . Debs and Ii were in Can Costa last time out and I was fascinated at all the staff pouring over the cash register. I asked them whether it was new ? They showed me that it had internet access and they were in the middle of reading all the reviews they could find on PP.com !!! Unfortunately for my daughter ,who was with us at the time ,they found one of Debs comments referring to one of the waiters saying Vicki fancied him and thought he had gorgeous eyes !!! Vicki nearly died as we all stood there reading it together !!!!

Chelseadons

robjay 01-10-2005 00:57

Re: Cultural

Chealseadons your story had me :rollin :rollin :rollin . I can just imagine one of my daughters reaction to that. Thanks for sharing this with us:lol
I have spoken to staff before about the site and I know that yes they do look. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

Take care.

Rob

debz1 01-10-2005 02:17

Yeah but Rob once she had got over the initial embarrassment she told me she was quite pleased he now knew ;) ..kids eh

And I hope the chef who threw the 'Hissy' fit reads about what we thought of the rubbish service / food at Trencadora this Summer!!

Take care

Debs

robjay 01-10-2005 15:26

Thats our kids for you :rollin :rollin :rollin
I hope the chefs boss did!!!

Rob

MalcolmS 18-10-2005 04:32

Re: Cafe L'Algar vs Bonys

just reading this thread now after returning from PP. >:

We always loved sitting in Cafe L'Algar after an evening meal elsewhere gorging on chocolate cake, milk shakes or exotic coffees. The selection was always great and the kids loved all the sparklers, umbrellas and other paraphanelia they got in their drinks or ice creams.

This year was extremely disappointing though. We'd forgone some pretty delicious sounding desserts in Tribeca for a trip to Cafe l'Algar only to find the the best cakes they could offer were a choc muffin or some dried up almond cake thing. I recall sitting looking at the empty tables in L'Algar across at the full tables in Bonys - very telling!

Malcolm

robjay 31-10-2005 19:00

3 words................................Bar Cultural Wins!

Rob

debz1 01-11-2005 00:58

Hi Rob

Welcome back and hope you had a great holiday.

Sorry to have missed you in Bony's on 15th..we were there about 8.45'ish and had a couple of drinks but couldn't see you..were you hiding?! :) We left about 9.30 as we hadn't eaten and were starving..and I was getting chilly!!

Next time maybe..and I'm with you... Bar Cultural next time!

Debs

robjay 01-11-2005 04:49

Debz I can't believe it, we arrived at 08:20 and sat inside because all the seats outside were wet and it was a little cold, we left about 08:45 because we were hungry too and ate at O'Lume, by the time we came back you'd have been gone. I wore a red carnation and had a copy of The times with me as well:lol .
Next time we're out we'll meet at Bar Cultural at a set time.
Chat soon.

Rob

jessieGALlol 26-07-2008 22:26

bonys

bonys bonys bonys bonys bonys
BONYS

do i need to say anymore
the drinks are better and the survise is great :D

pollensa 26-07-2008 23:04

Am locking this thread because it was 3 years old!