Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-2009, 14:11

Smile Hotel Miramar Wedding receptions

Do enquire at the Hotel Miramar.
We saw a lovely reception for a lot of people on the terrace and it is a beautiful location right by the sea. The hotel is family owned and the daughters charming hosts.
The hotel is one of the oldest in the port but beautifully maintained
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2009, 23:01

We walked past the Corner Bar the other day and there was what appeared to be a wedding party having a drink outside! Obviously just come from the church. We assumed so as the lady had a nice white dress on and flowers in her hair...... Much as we love the Corner Bar, the Miramar sounds a much better idea!
Old 25-02-2010, 23:04
Under Moderation

I am having the same problem, am having a big wedding in UK but was born in Mallorca and am from Pollensa so we want a service in August either in the big church in pollensa /calvario or somewhere outside in the port then probably a meal in Tango for about 30/40. I need a spanish vicar as It will mostly be my relatives from Pollensa - any ideas? (we will be staying at the Uyal)
Old 26-02-2010, 09:16

The vicars of the local churches are Spanish but also Catholic. If you are looking for C of E service then at the moment St Andrews do not have a vicar but maybe by then one will have been appointed and so can't comment on language. You could try contacting Robert Ellis in Palma.
Old 26-02-2010, 09:39

Hopefully this is the link:
Anglican Church Mallorca
Old 26-02-2010, 09:50

Thumbs up

On island time!!
Old 26-02-2010, 21:58

Smile

Don't use a wedding organiser, you just pay for what is effectively just a middle man (or probably woman)It is straight forward to do by yourself
Old 26-02-2010, 23:55

Purely by chance, saw an amazing wedding taking place at Ermita de la Victoria last June. Everyone was dressed in their finery, including the children. Lots of fireworks and 'gunshots' (presumably blanks), as the happy couple came out of the church.
Presumably the reception was in the restaurant immediately nearby. As mentioned by
others on this forum, fantastic views across the bay towards P.P. Though it is a bit of a twisty, steep road to get there.
Was anyone else from P.P. there on that day, there were quite a few people around?
Old 27-02-2010, 08:54

Ive never seen or heard of a wedding at the Ila d'Or but if I were getting married in PP , that would be the first place I would enquire ........ just think about sundowner drinks on the terrace and the views across the bay ................ bridal couple at the end of the jetty ................ wonderful .............................. only problem is I would want to take over the whole hotel so I had it all to myself and my family and friends

So if money not an issue and you are not getting married in the high season it could work.

Also once saw a wedding party on the beach up near C'an Carrusa having photos ..... assume they had booked C'an C for their reception

One other thought for something different ....... do they do weddings at Lluc?
Old 27-02-2010, 11:14

CD the Can Cuarrassa link I had up before shows amazing reception layouts, as well as full menu descriptions. I knew they did them, but it is obviously VERY popular for them to go to so much trouble.
Old 27-02-2010, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescador2009 View Post
Purely by chance, saw an amazing wedding taking place at Ermita de la Victoria last June. Everyone was dressed in their finery, including the children. Lots of fireworks and 'gunshots' (presumably blanks), as the happy couple came out of the church.
Presumably the reception was in the restaurant immediately nearby. As mentioned by
others on this forum, fantastic views across the bay towards P.P. Though it is a bit of a twisty, steep road to get there.
Was anyone else from P.P. there on that day, there were quite a few people around?
<perhaps it was a shotgun wedding
Old 12-10-2010, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
Hello everyone, me and my fiancee are looking to have our wedding in puerto pollensa in Summer 2011 but we cannot find anything online for venues for the reception in the area! As we know the area very well, we weren't bothered about using a wedding planner but think we might have to if nobody can suggest somewhere!!! If anyone knows of anywhere that they could recommend then it would be most appreciated!!!!

Hey there!!!

We have exactely the same problem, I am from the netherlands and I tried to google in english and I at least came to this website ..
I am also well know with puerto pollensa and I couldnt think of anything more magical then to get married there. I brought my hubby to be to the island and also he fell in love with it and now we're looking to get married in June 2011....Unfortunately I can't find anything!!!!!! this is such a shame!!!!!! so please if anybody knows something .........please share!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
the neice of friends of ours got married in PP last week (well they had the legal ceremony at home the week before) - the service/blessing was in the church in the square and the reception at Alcanada golf club

wow thats exactely what we want (the service/ blessing in the church on the square...) Can you please tell me where we can find contact information? I ahve no Idea where to start and it's really my dream to get married there..
We are getting married in the first week of June
Old 12-10-2010, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollensina View Post
I am having the same problem, am having a big wedding in UK but was born in Mallorca and am from Pollensa so we want a service in August either in the big church in pollensa /calvario or somewhere outside in the port then probably a meal in Tango for about 30/40. I need a spanish vicar as It will mostly be my relatives from Pollensa - any ideas? (we will be staying at the Uyal)
Did you know that Tango isn't there anymore?
I wanted exactely the same.. I was working in pollentia for some years and always went back to Tango for amazing food.. I went on holidays a few months ago and to my shock they weren't there anymore.

Yet if I am not mistaking the have move up a vew km .. I think they are on the road leading to Alcudia
Old 12-10-2010, 10:15

I'm not sure regarding the procedure with Spanish Vicars, but I would suggest your first call would be to Rev Redfern who would be able to give you all the information you require regarding marriage regulations in Mallorca. He performed our 25th anniversary renewal of vows 6 years ago and we found him extremely helpful in all aspects. I am sure he would also be able to advise you of contact numbers etc for any Spanish services available at the church.

Hope this link helps;

St Andrew, Puerto Pollensa - Mallorca | Diocese of Europe