Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-01-2015, 16:35

I hope you´ll keep us updated on this topic, as we are coming to PP for 4 weeks in march, and my husband has a servicedog, that even needs some exercise. :-)
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-01-2015, 16:38
Super Moderator

Yes Satori i will post any information i get .
lollipop likes this.
Old 28-01-2015, 12:15
Super Moderator

This is now happening in Alcudia, according to a report from the http://suscriptor.diariodemallorca.e...os/994805.html

[QUOTE] Neighborhood grows alarmed new cases of poisoning of dogs.
A neighbor of Port d'Alcúdia been reported to the Civil Guard death of one of his dogs

Growing alarm neighborhood and across social networks with the emergence of new cases of dogs poisoned , this time in Port d'Alcúdia. Some welfare organizations point to the possibility that the case of different people but they could have acted by imitation . In the Port of Alcudia has reported a case of poisoning with fatal outcome has happened about the same time that cases of Port Pollenca . Juan Antonio Sánchez Muñoz and Ana are residents of Port d'Alcúdia and have filed a complaint with the Civil Guard for poisoning her dog Cukie after allegedly eating a bait prepared in a makeshift cat feeder . Cukie was a dog that was saved from be sacrificed in a haven of Llucmajor to be adopted by the couple mentioned ten months. Since then, lived with both in Port d'Alcúdia. The family pets were two: she and Lana , another older dog. Feeding for Cats On Saturday January 17th, both went for a walk with his owner down the street Gran Canaria. He released them to reach a clearing so that "could run a little". When released, José Antonio realized that both had approached dumpsters , where normally the neighbors tend to leave food for cats in the neighborhood, and had taken something to eat. José Antonio quickly called animals saying "I do not want to eat anything on the street" and returned home to go to work. According account owner concerned: " At that time, you are not going through your head that may have eaten poison , just anything that can be found in soil or cat food. " Returning home, the couple found a desolate spectacle. The whole house was filled with vomiting and diarrhea, while Cukie , the smallest dog, was lying on the kitchen, barely breathing. The owners took her to the vet clinic Sa Pobla, whose veterinary assured that the animals had all the symptoms of poisoning . It would be three hours before Cukie expiry of his last breath. Lana , meanwhile, remained sick for three days, but it is now out of danger and about to give birth. A suspect Neighbors and acquaintances of the couple agree in pointing to the same suspect, a neighbor, that according to sources, no doubt cursing cats and dogs when crossing at their way. Indeed, explains José Antonio, which is not the first time an animal dies in the area , but actually Cukie would already the third if comenzásemos as from about a year ago. At the moment, the case is criticized in the civil guard and the suspect has been called to testify, saying "failing to bring any poison for animals" .

/QUOTE]
Old 28-01-2015, 16:29
Super Moderator

Exclamation A meeting for dog owners.

There is going to be a meeting/peaceful protest march this Saturday 31st January at 3.30pm at Cafe 1919. It is being organised by Alexandra from Cafe Dolc Sa Pobla, and is for all dog owners and anyone who is concerned about the poisonings to discuss the situation and hopefully to come up with ideas on how to put a stop to this problem.
sws97sdg, Mark, animagic21 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 28-01-2015 at 20:25. Reason: Added info.
Old 28-01-2015, 17:10

As someone who is bringing their dog to PP in a couple of weeks, I wish them every success, this has been dragging on for too long.
Old 28-01-2015, 17:28
Super Moderator

Tonsyl i am not sure if you have been following this thread but please do be aware that your dog will have to be muzzled if you take it on the beach or you could be fined.

I am afraid catching this sorry excuse for a human being is proving to be much easier said than done .
lollipop likes this.
Old 28-01-2015, 17:58

Thanks for the warning Sparky and your comments re the guilty party. You can be sure that until there has been a resolution to this situation, Katie will be staying the road side of the beach wall !
Old 29-01-2015, 00:09
Super Moderator

The protest on Saturday has been given some publicity in the UH here :- Concentración contra el envenenamiento de perros en el Port de Pollença » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

Quote:
Concentration against the poisoning of dogs in the Port de Pollença.

Condemning the poisoning of dogs .

The march is an initiative of a neighbor of Port de Pollença which have joined other neighbors angry.

The march is open to everyone . Members from this initiative will also carry their pets, which will carry muzzle and leash.

In this way the locals want to warn of the risk involved in the use of poison in public areas, such as the beaches of this village, not only for animals but also for people.

Already more than half a dozen dogs that have died envenedados in Port de Pollença. Poisonings occurred while walking with their owners on the beach of Port de Pollença. It is noted that this may be poison for snails.
Old 31-01-2015, 18:43
Super Moderator

Have seen some photos posted on FB and it looks like there was a good turnout.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:20

It's to be hoped the authorities take note of local feelings and step up their actions. Well done to the organiser/s for getting the meeting off the ground.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:27
Super Moderator

I really don't think it is fair to have a go at the authorities, they are as horrified as everyone else, it is impossible to watch every inch of the beach 24/7.

As i have said before i think it is highly possible that the culprit is not a resident and only visits a few times a year

There is only one person to blame and that is evil one who is doing this .

This report is from the UH translated by Google Un centenar de personas clama contra el envenenamiento de mascotas » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

Quote:
One hundred people cry out against the poisoning of pets.

More than a hundred people participated Saturday in a peaceful march to reject the poisoning of pets on the beach in Llenaire that in the last week have died in the last half months dozen dogs.

The members of the demonstration were concentrated at 15.30 at the bus stop Moll and departed from there, accompanied by fifty dogs until Llenaire beach, suitable for swimming pet area.

The Seprona has opened an investigation and the City Council has imposed as a preventive measure against criteria of users, the mandatory use of muzzle.

The march was attended by some councilors and aldermen of the City Council, the delegate of Moll, Francisca Cerdà, the Councillor for Environment, Maria Buades or Alternative spokesman, Pepe Garcia. The protest was uneventful
debz1, El Gordo, lollipop and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-02-2015 at 11:55. Reason: Newspaper report added.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:10
Super Moderator

And this report from the DDM again translated by Google Más de un centenar de personas se manifiestan contra los envenenamientos - Diario de Mallorca

Quote:
More than a hundred people demonstrate against poisoning

More than a hundred people gathered yesterday to protest the recent poisoning of pets in different areas of the coast of Pollença and Alcudia.

At 15.30 hours in the afternoon, the rotunda of Moll (Pollença) began to fill with neighbors with their pets, all willing to express their dissatisfaction with the recent poisoning of animals and solidarity with the owners of the victims.

However, not all attendees did together with their canine friends, but many did solos "for fear of bringing the animals to the beach" argued.

The procession marched peacefully and orderly to Llenaire, which is officially entitled to dog beach in Port de Pollença, accompanied by two officers and the local police van de Pollença.

The head of the initiative was a resident of Port, intended to "make a barking sitting, to show that animal owners are concerned not only four." The idea began, he says, "in a conversation between friends. After that, we started to spread both via internet and word of mouth, and ask for the necessary permits."

She showed herself very pleased with the success of the initiative, "originally thought that we would not be more than twenty, and eventually many people joined the protest". In fact, according to attendees, the concentration should have been even higher, but bad weather caused many who had come from Pollença finally decided to stay home.

"We're not going against the police or the council, we know that everyone is doing their job. We just want to vindicate a place for our pets and recover the beaches, which are no longer safe for anyone" says the organizer. Others present were a little further and insisted on the need for the placement of cameras, to facilitate the identification of the culprit. "The goal is to demonstrate the responsible, you are sure to see us, we will not give in to their blackmail and we will stay at home hiding in fear, but we are ready to fight" concludes Maria Buades Councilman environment City of Pollença.

Background

Recall that does more than a week dog several deaths occurred in Port de Pollença following the ingestion of poison on the beach. Neighbors days ago Port d'Alcúdia reported to the Civil Guard death of his dog for the same cause.
Old 01-02-2015, 13:43
Super Moderator

The Balearic TV channel filmed the protest yesterday and here is the link to a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNICwfDdvxM&sns=fb.
Old 04-02-2015, 15:18

I wonder if it's worth putting up quite a substantial reward for any information that leads to a successful arrest and conviction? Might entice someone to speak out. Thoughts, anybody?
Old 22-02-2015, 14:48
Super Moderator

According to the UH there was another small protest in the Port earlier this week, the Google translation is really sketchy but the main thing to report is that the Guardia Civil have been keeping a close eye on the beach and are now following up on a strong lead, they are expecting to make an arrest very soon .
Mark, animagic21, Tonsyl and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 22-02-2015 at 14:50.