Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By kcdc230
  • 3 Post By Keswick1uk
  • 1 Post By wifi2go
  • 1 Post By wifi2go
  • 1 Post By wifi2go
  • 3 Post By CathB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2013, 10:48

Default WiFi2go questions - urgent!

Javier,

How does insurance work on these devices?

We have bought the basic package as our Villa probably has variable reception. If we get out and want to upgrade because we find a hotspot on the property, how do we contact you?

Ta,

Kes
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2013, 16:34

As mentioned before, we hired a wifi2go device for our holiday, which sadly finished on Saturday

I had booked it before we left, using the discount code at the beginning of this thread. I also booked an external aerial as the villa we were staying at was between PP and Pollensa, so didn't know what the coverage would be like. However, using the discount code meant that even with the aerial, it still cost less than the listed price on the website for just the wifi2go device itself.

Collection was faultless - you just go to the TUI desk after leaving the baggage collection area, and they had it ready for me in a bag, including the aerial and a mains charger.

The device itself is the size of a very small mobile phone - certainly smaller than an iPhone, and very thin.

The battery lasted for probably about 6 or 7 hours usage between charges.

The device does run extremely hot when being used, but that's not really a problem.

As it turned out, we didn't actually need the external aerial - reception was fine both outdoors and indoors without it, but as I said, with the discount code it meant that in effect I hadn't had to pay for the aerial anyway, so I wasn't too bothered.

The only thing I would say is that it would be nice to have come sort of usage monitor. I went for the basic device, which gave 1Gb/week. Daughter and her boyfriend were both instructed to keep browsing to the minimum, and not to start downloading films (!), but I would like to have been able to keep an eye on how much we were using.

I emailed wifi2go on the second day to ask if there is any way to monitor usage, and I almost immediately received a reply saying that there isn't, but that they would let me know how much had been used. A few hours later, I received a second email telling me my current usage - very efficient.

I then emailed them again towards the end of the first week to ask for another update, and again they very quickly responded - however, I was surprised to see that at that point, we had used almost the entire 2Gb allowance, with still over a week to go.

However, they then went on to say that they had added a complementary 1Gb, which was an extremely kind gesture.

At that point, my daughter and her boyfriend we going home, so it was just 2 of us using it for the second week, and we obviously didn't go over the limit for the second week, so I suspect that daughter had ignored my advice and had been streaming things to use up the allowance!

Return of the device was even easier than collection - just dropped it off at the TUI desk in departures, and didn't even have to sign anything.

So, to sum up, I would highly recommend one of these if you need wifi in Mallorca - very good value, and extremely good customer service.
Old 19-08-2013, 16:37

Hi Kes,

As you haven't had a reply via the forum, can I recommend that you email wifi2go directly using the Contact button on their website. As mentioned in my update to the other thread about wifi2go, I emailed them while we were in PP over the last 2 weeks, and got replies almost immediately.

It may be that they don't monitor this forum on a daily basis, but almost certainly do reply to direct contact a lot quicker.
Sparky, Keswick1uk and wifi2go like this.
Old 19-08-2013, 16:59

Thanks. Will do.
Old 19-08-2013, 17:08

Thanks for the report.

We collect ours tomorrow.

Javier has been great, even trying to find out for us how good the signal will be at our exact location. Because he discovered that it is pretty poor reception there, we have booked just the basic unit to use out and about and we will upgrade to better if when we are there, there is a good spot for use in the property itself.
Old 19-08-2013, 17:12

Just want to say, I have already had a reply within 10 minutes max! That's service for you!
Sparky, JMD40 and wifi2go like this.
Old 25-08-2013, 11:35

Sorry we did not see the post on time, and glad we answered fast...

You can always reach us by email info(at)wifi2go.travel and phone at +34971109200
JMD40 likes this.
Old 25-08-2013, 11:47

Default wifi2go XL and XXL

Dear friends,

Many customers where concerned about the number of GB they could use (specially families with kids), so we decided to release XL and XXL packages, for heavy users.

We offer 10GB or 20GB to be consumed within one month. It doesn't matter if you are here 3 or 31 days... once you reach the 10 or 20GB, it will slow down.

The prices per MB for wifi2go XL are 0,012€/MB - 45 times less (99,9% SAVINGS!!) of the UE data roaming prices. For XXL less than 0,01€/MB and savings of 99,98% of standard roaming rates.

More info in our webpage.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 03-09-2013, 20:43

Default WiFi2 go recommendation

We are back!

(See, I promised you rain!)

I fully recommend wifi2go. We had the basic package and bought a top up during our holiday. The total cost for us - with the extra was about £75. The service from Javier and Erika was second to none and collection, use and return instructions easy to follow.

Last edited by pollensa; 04-09-2013 at 12:31. Reason: link enabled
Old 04-09-2013, 18:29

I agree. Wifi2go is fantastic! Would definitely recommend too.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06

Default Yes, we are open during winter

Dear friends,

Just a quick note to let you know that we are open during winter. We are less active at the airport, but we'll arrange deliveries with no problem!

One of our customers suggested that it would be a good idea to let all of you know that we are not hibernating!!! :-)

Hope to see you soon in Mallorca! Still in the 20ºC's here... great time of the year to visit Mallorca.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14
Super Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, I hope you have a good winter .
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24

In case anyone may need this during winter holidays . I have just ordered this for our stay next week and the discount code PTOPOLLENSA15 still worked
pollensa, Sparky and JMD40 like this.

Eating Out