Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 09:29

I think that we are not welcome in PP unless we stay in an apart hotel or a hotel,and I for one believe the peoples of Italy, Greece, and Croatia plus many more countries will be thankful that they can look forward to more tourists as Mallorca stops private rentals. ( oh dear shot in the foot)
joey36 and animagic21 like this.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
We were talking to our Spanish friends who live and have businesses in PP. They are concerned about the rental situation and how it will affect businesses too of course. It's so sad to read the posts from such lovely people who have come to PP for so many years who are upset by all the problems and uncertainty at the moment. The friends said that a similar situation happened about 20 years ago but not anywhere as extreme with renting/suggesting licences. They feel as many of their family and colleagues that with elections next year (they thought were on) they hope that things would change. A word of caution..... beware also to any owners renting apartments regardless and taking a change not following the "rules" that the inspectors have been out around PP and knocking on doors. A number of people have been caught out.
As a family we've been coming to PP since 1988 (I was only 3 years old). I might not own property there but it really feels like home to me. The hotel have been going up an up for a while now, which made us try renting an apartment, it was the perfect solution for us, eating out in different restaurants but also being able to cook properly when my sister would need to stay in whith her little girl.
This year, is the first year that as a family we all wont be coming. My Dad an I, will be bringing my Nephew out to celebrate the end of his exams, but instead of our usual 2 weeks, we will only be staying for 1 week.
animagic21 likes this.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:32

This link suggests that government inspectors are likely to be out and about in the near future. It also suggests that adverts for properties are going to be required to include the licence number in the advert (although it doesnt indicate how the Spansih government is going to enforce that with, say, a British owner living in the UK (and presumably paying taxes there) advertising on an American owned website such as Tripadvisor.)

Tax dodgers beware! Inspections of tourist rentals to begin in May | Olive Press News Spain
Old 15-04-2018, 11:37

The inspectors are out already. There are two working in Bellresguard who send most of their time there.
Old 15-04-2018, 12:34

As mentioned earlier this month they were out and about around Easter holiday fortnight. The agent who looks after the apartment for us says he and his colleagues have seen no decline in bookings. Family and friends is what people are doing now predominantly. We only have family and friends in the apartment until hopefully things change.
Old 15-04-2018, 13:06

Quote:
no decline in bookings
Interesting Becki......I have seen many apartments online almost booked out, some fully booked for the summer with a lot of "family & friends" still coming, so things may not be so bad after all in terms of a good season.
Old 15-04-2018, 15:57

Anyone want to be my friend? My husband & I are really nice!!
car77 and Bootledodger like this.
Old 15-04-2018, 16:29

I know you both very well and you are lovely PP friends
Old 16-04-2018, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
The inspectors are out already. There are two working in Bellresguard who send most of their time there.
I think that just sums up what they are trying to stop. Bellresguard is the perfect example of competition, yet of little or no interest to people needing somewhere to rent for working (the reason given to stpping rentals of apartments).
Old 16-04-2018, 09:32

Quote:
I know you both very well and you are lovely PP friends
I think I really need to make some PP friends too
Old 16-04-2018, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
with a lot of "family & friends" still coming,
But if the national government move, as mentioned in the article I linked to upthread, is to require the licence number to be included in any adverts, how will the, ahem, "family and friends" get to know about apartments?

I think that regulation could become the real killer.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters View Post
But if the national government move, as mentioned in the article I linked to upthread, is to require the licence number to be included in any adverts, how will the, ahem, "family and friends" get to know about apartments?

I think that regulation could become the real killer.
I could rent the heck out of my house if I plugged it enough through my friends and then they tell their friends on facebook etc. As long as they never say the word rent at any point and they keep their secrecy settings tight then who's to know.

As it stands I just want my friends to go and stay occasionally so I can say to the insurance that it's in regular habitation.

Also, many apartment rents will be repeat business. After a few years of coming back to PP I'm sure plenty of folks get on friendly terms with their landlords.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:30

Deleted (posted twice)
Old 16-04-2018, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
As long as they never say the word rent at any point and they keep their secrecy settings tight then who's to know.
But you only need one person who doesnt understand the issue to say "rent", and you could be in deep do-do.

FWIW, we're "friends" with someone who owns two apartments in Tenerife, on a residential complex. When we visit, we are always reminded that, if anyone asks, we are to say we are friends of hers. Which could become a bit tricky with the licence issue, as her "friends" find out about the place through Holiday Lettings and actually, ahem, "make arrangements" to visit through a rental company in the UK. If the Holiday Lettings adverts have to carry the licence number, then our "friend" is probably well and truly snookered.
bobley likes this.
Old 16-04-2018, 13:06

We've covered ourselves quite safely. The first picture the wife put up on the sideboard in our living room was one of our wedding group photos. If you cant point yourselves out in that photo then you cant stay ;-)
sws97sdg, Grandad, copper and 1 others like this.