Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree536Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2016, 13:25

The improvement in beach services will not happen overnight they are to be introduced over the 4yr contract period but there are new style parasols on the beach in front of the Daina and Pascalino.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2016, 19:07

We're out in August and can't wait!! Agree price for beds and parasols quite pricey but I for one will be paying, if I laid on sand I really would struggle with getting up, (have a really bad back problem), and without a doubt would be a major embarrassment to Kelv my other half, he'd probably leave me to it ha ha only joking. Anyway in my opinion good to see them there waiting to be used xx
Old 17-06-2016, 08:44
Under Moderation

Thumbs down Beds and brollies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
Bit like groundhog day alright with the beds and brollies ...
Will that make them cheaper?

And, it'll be a very quiet beach ...
Some families might reconsider PP as a destination?
Of the same opinion,very disappointed not to have them for the first two weeks of our hols!
Old 20-06-2016, 09:08

Charges for Puerto Pollensa sunloungers have not been authorised » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
The great sunloungers' controversy of Pollensa continues. Beachgoers are currently paying fifteen euros for two loungers and a parasol, when they shouldn't be. That's because the concession for services on the town's beaches has still to be formally settled.

...We also observed, though, that it was known that beachgoers were paying. As there had been no formal authorisation from the town hall, there should have been no charging.

On Friday, the mayor said that the town hall was unaware of these "irregular" charges (it only needed to look on social media to be aware), but it would be looking into it.

Some 2,500 sunlounger sets have been placed on different beaches, so there is a far from insignificant income being derived. Tourists have even been advised by the tourist information office in Puerto Pollensa that there wasn't as yet a charge for the sunloungers (so one part of the town hall was fully aware).

The mayor says that the award will finally be resolved this week.

see full story on the MDB-website
Old 22-06-2016, 17:17

In PP at the moment and to be honest I don't like to pay fifteen euros but when you arrive on the beach you suddenly think that an extra two and half euros is not much extra to pay if you are there from ten until five.
Old 22-06-2016, 18:05

Just a steady 20% increase on last year then. A little bit steep as one may say.
I'm sure many beach lovers will pay up for the comfort and the shade; just as they'll pay up any increases in air fares, hire cars, etc., etc., just to be in PP.
It's never been a cheap resort and that possibly has lead to it having that 'something' special for many regular visitors.
You make your choice and pay the price as the saying goes!
Nick and scouse mark like this.
Old 23-06-2016, 08:49

Lucky you're not in Cala San Vicente. They are charging a hefty 20 euro's a day there!! 😁😁
Old 23-06-2016, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfaholics View Post
Lucky you're not in Cala San Vicente. They are charging a hefty 20 euro's a day there!! ����
Old 24-06-2016, 10:02

Viewing the webcam over the last few days suggests that far fewer people are actually using the 'bed & brollie' facility?
CathB likes this.
Old 25-06-2016, 16:40

We have been using the third group of beds as you look out to sea on the right of the marina and they have been virtually all utilised although it does appear that the chap that charges you does not seem to be around after middayish so some people seem to have a good few hours use if sunbeds without paying.
LK1960 likes this.
Old 25-06-2016, 19:39

Couldn't get a single free bed by mid morning yesterday along the pine walk - certainly very busy up that end. We usually sit to the right of the Marina, looking out to sea, and agree most being utilised in that area too.
Old 12-07-2016, 17:20

Default Sunbeds

I'm in PP now. We've been out all day and it's now 6.15pm and still beautifully sunny. Most of the sun beds are empty now. If we were to sit on them would we be expected to pay? I would hate to just have a quick 30 mins at the end of the day and then be asked for full payment.
Does anyone know if there is a cutoff point? A bit like 'free parking' after a certain time?
Old 12-07-2016, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah70 View Post
I'm in PP now. We've been out all day and it's now 6.15pm and still beautifully sunny. Most of the sun beds are empty now. If we were to sit on them would we be expected to pay? I would hate to just have a quick 30 mins at the end of the day and then be asked for full payment.
Does anyone know if there is a cutoff point? A bit like 'free parking' after a certain time?
The beach boys finish for the day around 4.30 but they are still charging €15 even if they nab you at that time. For years there has been a 50% discount after 3pm but that has stopped this year and it's a bit steep to expect people to pay for a whole day late in the afternoon. We only got nabbed once in 5 weeks as we used to go down to the beach at 4ish
Old 12-07-2016, 17:40

Default Sunbeds

Thank you for your quick reply. I think I'll just sit on the sand!!! I would feel really cheated if I had to pay a full day rate so late in the day. IT's not worth the hassle! A half day rate would be perfect but I guess it would be rather tricky for them to monitor.
Old 14-07-2016, 07:33

Sitting on the balcony at Iru apartments and new sunbeds have just been put out, great day for trying them out with rain on the way.
Closed Thread