Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 19:26

I am sure Josep would not take it as an insult...I suppose like anything else its the way it is said..he told us he welcomes all feedback...good or not , he says if people are not happy then unless they say something then it cant take steps to improve it
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 16:39

A group of 12 of us went to Ca'n Josep last night. Josep had prepared us a special priced menu ,starters varied from a lovely gazpacho,vegetable soup and scrambled eggs with prawns. Mains were entrecote,salmon in cider sauce or Hake., assortment of sweets.Wine ,water,bread ,olives all included. Excellent value,service and surroundings. He really does deserve to succeed, and he plans to be open all year . Nothing is too much trouble for any of his staff.
Old 10-08-2009, 17:04

Lollipop, next time you are in there could you ask them why their veggies stuff if so limited, on everyones good recommendations we planned to go there last week, but there was hardly anything we could have, thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
A group of 12 of us went to Ca'n Josep last night. Josep had prepared us a special priced menu ,starters varied from a lovely gazpacho,vegetable soup and scrambled eggs with prawns. Mains were entrecote,salmon in cider sauce or Hake., assortment of sweets.Wine ,water,bread ,olives all included. Excellent value,service and surroundings. He really does deserve to succeed, and he plans to be open all year . Nothing is too much trouble for any of his staff.
My mouths watering just reading this.
Old 13-08-2009, 00:18

Our family visited, after recommendations from here. I am afraid it was average at best and I felt it would satisfy those who wanted 'spanishy' english food. I certainly wouldn't rush back. It is was by no means the best restaurant in the port, it would struggle for second place in the row its in. Staff were friendly though.

We had the same six frozen squid and a steak that was at best poor. It wasn't cheap either. More Tango than O Lume.

Last edited by Mark1875; 13-08-2009 at 00:25.
Old 14-08-2009, 09:31

We ate twice in the last 2 weeks and i feel that these were the best 2 meals in the 2 weeks along with Tangos etc food was good and the fish dishes were great. Try the homemade creme brule (not sure if thats how you spell it) this was excellent, try the sea bream cooked in the local way it was great.
Old 16-08-2009, 12:54

We returned from a week in PP yesterday. Josep and his staff are well known to us as we have often frequented Bar Joker over many years of visiting the port. Our family group of myself , husband and 2 teenage sons ate at C'an Josep twice. Each time the food was lovely in every area, with Josep and his staff kind and friendly. Each Weds evening Josep has arranged for an amazing classical guitarist to play and on that night the restaurant was particularly full and the atmosphere buzzing. Food-wise we can particularly recommend the shoulder of lamb and pork loin in mushroom sauce. The creme brulee is also magnificent.
Josep has branched out on his own after 19 years with the Joker. He is extremely keen to make a success of his new venture and nothing is too much trouble for him. We know he reads our posts, so Josep, thank you for helping to make our holiday lovely, great to see you and your family, particularly Laura and hopefully we will be back next year if not sooner.
Old 16-08-2009, 20:38

We ate at Joseps twice over the last three weeks, first on recommendation from the website and secondly because the food and especially the service was great.
The classical guitarist was playing for the first time at Joseps on our second visit and as posted before, went down a storm complete with passing Greek dancers!!
The shoulder of lamb was by far the best we had during our stay putting the offering at Sis Pins to shame.
Josep is a smashing guy, our daughter was not partial to his burgers so he replaced the whole of her meal for nuggets and gave her an extra pop and ice cream for "not having the right burgers".
In the current economic climate this guy deserves a little support, even if only for his fantastic application of the old addage of ""the customer is always right".
Old 16-08-2009, 20:55

Most of the reviews are so positive about Ca'n Josep I cant wait to try it in a couple of weeks. From what people have written it seems as if Josep is going out of his way to please and he deserves to do well. Sometimes things go wrong in restaurants and you may have an unfortunate experience. Most owners will listen if you have a complaint and rectify whatever isn't right, as was the case with stev1em's daughters burger
Old 16-08-2009, 21:02

I'm so jealous reading these posts!

My family and I had our annual holiday in PP at the end of June....it seems so long ago!

If ever a restaurant deserved to succeed it is this one. Josep is a lovely guy, his staff are amazing and the food and venue just perfect. Certainly our favourite venue in the port.

If you haven't tried it, do....you will not be disappointed.

Duncan
Old 20-08-2009, 17:40

My wife and I went for a meal last week and like most people have known Josep since he was a youngster before he went for his national service at the seaplane base.For the last five years or so we missed him only catching a glimpse now and then but he never saw us.As soon as we sat down he was over and was delighted to see us and gave us a quick update on the restaurant and life in general,just a couple of faces out of thousands but he remembered us which made us feel good and welcome.We are fairly simple eaters and we started with a large plate of delicious cream of vegetable soup which I could have eaten all night,MrsG had breast of chicken with mushrooms and I aske for plain salmon well grilled and that is what I got,really nice,a bottle of nice house white and a couple of schnapps on the house all for under 40euros.Must mention the girl that was on that night a natural with customers a delight to be served by her.Promised you a quick hi Joe so here you are and dead proud of all your hard work over the years.
Old 20-08-2009, 19:30

Welcome Bigandyg!

Love your down to earth posts!

Post more, we'd love to read them!
Old 20-08-2009, 20:58

Default C'an Josep

Have to agree with how lovely the staff were and how much they remember about you.

We went during our first week in June 4 adults and 1 baby, went again the next week but 1 had gone home so when the 3 adults and baby sat he said will the other man be joining you. We were amazed at how he remembered us as he had only seen my husband once !

Great food and lovely staff - looking forward to November to visit again.
Old 20-08-2009, 21:05

We have never been to the Ca'n Josep, but fully intend to at some point.
I do find it incredible how some of the restaurant staff remember you even when you havent been there for a couple of years.
For some reason, it happens to us at a restaurant in Alcudia. Probably that is where we frequented when the children are young and still pop in every couple of years with friends.
I do think its the children they connect to and remember the adults as being part of their group!
Old 20-08-2009, 23:14

Bella who could forget you !!!