Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2009, 12:04

Smile Ca'n Josep July 2009

Despite being regular visitors to PP for over 15 years now, this is our first time posting on this forum. We've read through and thoroughly enjoyed all the reviews and so thought to add one of our own.

Joker has always been and is still one of our favourite haunts, as for value, service and location you can't beat it. We were sad to hear that Josep had moved on as Joker had changed management, but were delighted to hear of his new venture. On our arrival on 1st July we decided to make Ca'n Josep our first visit for dinner.

First impression was the tremendously warm welcome from Josep and Lucy, quickly followed by amazement and delight in the renovations of the old "RAF" snack bar. The attention to detail is fantastic throughout, from the tables and chairs, cutlery etc. right through to the elegant toilets. Note the original paintings on the walls, too (actually painted by Jonathon from Joker would you believe!). Seating for everyone with disabled access, childrens high chairs and tables positioned inside and out. Air con on the inside and ceiling fans on the terrace. Nicely positioned tables allowing uncramped eating.

The service was excellent from Josep himself along with Lucy, Renata, Macheala and Carlos. All very attentive and highly professional, managing to keep it friendly and intimate. All speaking very good English but also happy to let us try some Spanish.

Most important of course is the food. We ate there 5 times over the course of our two weeks and were delighted each time. Our favourites were the (Steve) Shoulder of Lamb and (Jac) Salmon in Cider. The Duck was awesome as was the Fillet Steak. Desserts.....all to die for, just pick one. Best of all though was that I happened to mention to Josep how much I liked Tumbet and he said, "OK, I can do that, when do you want it?" And he did, on our last night. It was the best Tumbet I have had anywhere in either PP or Pollensa Town. Although we did not have any children this year, we did note a good Childrens menu and while we were there a number of families were well catered for. A good wine list featuring a number of mallorquin wines. The house wine is "Son Mas" with the red served slightly chilled and goes with anything. A very good house wine at a good price.

Try an Espresso coffee with Suau brandy (Mallorquin) to finish. Wonderful!
Schnapps for adults and Lollies (or non alcaholic schnapps) for the kids with the bill. Reasonably priced, too.

We thoroughly recommend this restaurant and believe it to already be one of the best in the town. A risky venture in the current economic climate but they have all the tools to succeed. We wish them well and look forward to returning many times.

Steve and Jackie
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2009, 12:32

Many thanks for this report - it's really encouraging to hear of a new Mallorcan (thankfully not Chinese or Tex Mex!) restaurant that has had nothing but positive reviews since opening for service and decor as well as food - we will definitely be trying this place at least once when we are next in PP!
Old 18-07-2009, 19:07

Excellent informative report, thanks Steve and Jackie!

Sounds like well worth a try!

Porto
Old 24-07-2009, 21:53

Default Ca'n Josep July 2009

We have just returned from a week in PP and can only endorse the previous comments from steve & jac about Ca'n Josep. Having been visitors to the resort since 1984 one of the pleasures of each visit is discovering new restaurants as well as visiting some old favourites. Having read favourable comments on the forum prior to our visit we decided to give it a try and enjoyed it so much we went twice during our stay. Our party consisted of seven people ranging in age from six years to seventy six and all were suitably impressed! The food was excellent and Josep and his team were welcoming and keen to please so I would have no hesitation in recommending this to other visitors and hope this new restaurant proves to be a success. I certainly envisage C'an Josep becoming one of our "old favourites" on future visits - not least for the Suau brandy!
Old 26-07-2009, 21:23

having discovered Can Josep in April we couldnt wait to return..I just hoped that our friends would love it too...they were not disappointed..we ate there 3 times during the fortnight

1st visit - starters - Husband had the vegetable soup,I had the warm goats cheese salad and our friends both had gazpacho
mains were Hake,chicken with pepper sauce and 1 with mushroom sauce (I asked for this as I dont like pepper sauce and this was no problem) and lamb (fell apart it was so tender - friends husband grudgingly gave me a taste )
bread,olives coffees,drinks etc -liquers on the house the bill was a little over 90 euros

2nd visit - husband had soup again,I had the prawns in garlic and again 2 gazpachos
I asked if it was possible to have the goats cheese salad starter as my main course and again this was no problem ,husband had pork with mushroom sauce,my friend had the ravioli and her husband couldnt resit the lamb again
2 bottles of Son Mas Rose,bread,olives water, soft drinks etc liquers and again the bill was 90 something euros

the last visit - our final treat on Friday
Husband - Soup,I had the Wild mushrooms with cured ham (delicious),my friend had the Mixed grill of vegetables with romescu sauce (wow) and her husband...yes the gazpacho
Mains - husband and my friend both had the pork I had the cod (majorca style) highly recommended,,,and my friends husband had the steak...on the menu as sirloin but was more like fillet.
bread,olives ,3 desserts,2 bottles of wine,water about 100 euros.

It was a delight eating there and nothing is too much trouble -we had asked Josep to reserve a table for us when we saw him the day before - I am so glad we had as nearly every table was reserved that night.

Roll on October

Last edited by CathB; 26-07-2009 at 21:37.