Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 21:16
Marsha

Default Dress Code

Well only nine more sleeps til we set off for PP and I've printed off most of the menus from the eating out site. They all sound wonderful, but what I want to know is do the restaurants have a dress code or will lovely boyfriend be o.k. in T-shirt, long shorts (or should that be short longs) and his Menorcan abarcas?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2005, 21:28
smiddy

Default Dress Code

Marsha, It's a matter of choice really, only problem would be no t-shirt or one of those horrible vest type tops some guys wear. Beach shorts would be dodgy also. Depends on the type of restaurant your going to, but my own opinion is it's not to much to ask men to make the effort to look half decent. It makes a better evening.
Old 11-08-2005, 23:34

A couple of days after our move out in June, we had been indoors all the time getting sorted and wifey said, "we're too tired to cook, let's walk down to Bar Llenair and have a snack".
It was a little windy outside, and I was wearing the cut downs I had on all day from our labours. David and Pepe had no problem with my somewhat relaxed attire, but when I got up from the table to pop to the loo, the lady at the next table said quite loudly "look at his shorts". I wanted to say, "Look luv, tomorrow I will be wearing better trousers, but you'll still have the same face", but thought better of it. (thanks to W.C.Fields)

Short sleeved shirt and clean shorts are pretty much OK for anywhere. I would always dress up a bit for places like Balaixa,
Stay, Can Cuarassa, Trencadora etc.
Old 11-08-2005, 23:34
PennyWhite

Holiday smart casual I think is the term? Don't think hubby wore long trousers once in three weeks, son put on his best jeans from time to time and (I think) (I hope) we were ok.
Old 12-08-2005, 00:06
Marsha

Oh poo! It looks like I'm going to have to buy him new clothes too!!! I'll just have to give Balaixa, Stay etc a miss, or me and my daughter can go on our own and bring Chris a doggy bag!

He's not a shirt man, short sleeved or otherwise, only ever wears them to funerals and weddings!

Maybe I could swap him for a smartly dressed Mallorquin?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:54
smiddy

Default Dress Code

Marsha, Maybe i worded my reply wrongly, by no t-shirt i mean't macho man who walks about with a bare torso! I often like to wear a plain white/black t-shirt , can be very smart.

Find it rather disgusting when i'm in a supermarket and macho man is strutting about bare-chested. Argh!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03

Senor smiddy thinks he's dressed up if he's put a clean string vest on:eek
Old 12-08-2005, 15:39
Marsha

Smiddy, I don't think the sight of Chris bare chested would offend... make you laugh, yes, but offend, no! Oh, I guess we'll just wing it, if he feels underdressed, I'm sure a trip to Palma could be arranged to do some serious shopping.
Old 12-08-2005, 15:51
robjay

When I go out at night I tend to put on a nice smart casual shirt or a nice T-shirt and smartish shorts, Sandels (no socks guys please ).
I am the least snoby person on here ( if you think you are tell me :lol ) I always make sure that when leaving the beach I slip on a T-shirt and shorts, Going topless for me is OK for both sexes but in the right places. I draw the line where food or drinks are sold. Nothing puts me off more than some couple sitting at the next table whilst I try to eat my full Englsih.
There is are some places in PP where people who want to eat topless can go, and in my eyes are welcome to go to.......... BK being No1 on the list:rollin :rollin :rollin .
Must remeber to get my best string vest back from the drycleaners for next week .

Don't worry too much about the dress code. Just as long as you cover up it's ok with me:lol .

Enjoy your holiday and chat soon.

Rob
Old 12-08-2005, 17:34
smiddy

Default Dress Code

MB, You forgot the knotted hankie on the head.

Robjay, What's wrong with brown socks and open toe sandals, and here's me thinking i was the epitome of style:hat
Old 12-08-2005, 22:53

you're lady more than makes up for it!!:b
Old 13-08-2005, 03:53
robjay

Marsha, Your out next saturday night?, why not drag the other half and any kids along to Tango?. You'll be made to feel more than welcome.

Rob
Old 13-08-2005, 05:18

String vests......... "drycleaned" why? As for brown socks and sandels well. Everyone knows it should be white socks.
Old 13-08-2005, 17:10

We were turned away from Tango last year because my boyfriend was wearing a vesty top, men have to wear a proper shirt to sit inside, outside it doesnt matter.
Old 13-08-2005, 17:23
robjay

Is that white socks with a maroon t-shirt per chance?:rollin . I think white socks and a green and white hooped Tshirt would look more fetching on you m8:rollin :rollin :rollin .

Rob