Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2005, 03:49
deb1820

Default Vegetarian options

Hello,
I posted way back in May, I think, asking about veggie food. Unfortunately I can't find my original post. Basically, there is a veggie only place in Palma, that is not particularly recommended but can anyone suggest alternatives, or can I just assume I'll be OK in most of the places recommended? (I don't eat fish) We'll be doing some self catering, but as a cook I was hoping to have a bit of a rest. Starting to panic - we leave on Saturday! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2005, 03:50

Hello!

I remember your original post but it seems it fell prey to the hackers and has therefore disappeared.

I think back then the general reply was that most restaurants offer vegetarian options - it's just a case of browsing different places and seeing what they have to offer.

Have you checked out the menus on the Eating Out section to the left of this page?

I also seem to remember a restaurant in Alcudia which was completey vegetarian but I don't know the name.

Perhaps the other forumites can help out?

By the way - are you able to make the Get-Together on Monday 22nd?

Regards
Jane
Old 19-08-2005, 03:53

I think we mentioned before that there is a vegetarian restaurant in Alcudia Town, can't remember details I'm afraid. Not being a "veggie" myself, I haven't really noticed what kind of stuff would be OK on menus around the Port apart from Tumbet, which is a fantastic dish served in most places.
Old 19-08-2005, 04:15
Founder

Several of the restaurants featured on this site offer vegetarian options. If you click on www.puertopollensa.com/search.html & enter vegetarian in the 'Search this site' box, you will find several listed. There is a hotel in Alcudia called Ca'n Simo that apparently has a vegetarian restaurant.
Old 19-08-2005, 04:38
smiddy

Default Vegeterian Food

Had a friend over a couple of years back who commented about the lack of veggie food, seems the Spanish diet is based mostly on meat and fish. As MB suggests, tumbet is a lovely dish, but you may tire of eating it every night!

As a non-vegeterian i don't look for it on menus but sure i've noticed it in 1 or 2 restaurants, so, things are improving. Best bet would be to call at one of the restaurants prior to your meal and check the menu, if nothing suitable ask if they will cook you something, i'm sure most will be happy to oblige.
Old 19-08-2005, 05:18
deb1820

Default Re: Vegetarian Food

Thank you, lovely people, for your prompt responses. I will investigate the options - I have looked at a couple of menus and they do seem to have at least one option.

It's very hot here and I've just done masses of ironing but left it all a bit late. Yes I would love to make the get together - I'll be the one in the creased clothes!

Regards,
Deb