Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005, 18:44
terryw

Default Jose in Bonys

Having spent the best part of a week observing Jose doing his thing at Bonys in the square, I have to admit that the man is a marvel.
He literally never stops. Whether it is taking orders, delivering drinks, welcoming new customers, squeezing more tables, chairs and heaters into very limited space he is constantly on the go. He knows what his customers have come to expect from an entertainment perspective, and is happy to play the clown throughout. He has the ability to make everyone feel he is genuinely pleased to see them, and for their custom, and of course it is nice to be recognised and remembered visit after visit (which is no mean feat with the numbers that must go through that bar in a season).
Its probably not healthy the amount of time we spend sat in Bonys during a week in PP, but in all honesty during the time between visits it is the atmosphere sat outside people watching in the square, with Jose buzzing around like a mad thing, that we miss the very most

Terry
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2005, 17:33
billtosh

Every year my wife and I have been in PP we have ended the evening at Bonys, me drinking Cardhu, she on Tia Maria, and EVERY year Jose introduces himself with a different name. Last year it was Kennedy, and the year before ... well, too many Cardhus to remember what he called himself the year before! But he is without doubt, a consumate professional and I look forward to seeing him again in June
Old 17-04-2005, 02:06

Jose is a wonderful character and a lovely man. He also happens to be a very talented artist. One night after the customary coffee's and brandy he insisted on giving me some examples of his work ( pen and ink sketches) and wouldn't hear of me paying for them.

My wife and I were there two weeks ago and despite being huddled around the patio heaters it was nearly standing room only.

Must be worth his weight in gold to the owners.

Bonyslad
Old 19-04-2005, 17:54
smiddy

What a character! Barking mad!!!!
Old 20-04-2005, 01:47

hi there!

he told me once he "Winters" in Barcelona and "Summers" in PP.

is that right or one of his yarns?

Porto
Old 22-04-2005, 03:16

Smiddy,

He might be but so was Salvador Dali !!!!!

Yes, it's true he does winter on the mainland. I believe he's from Seville and his wife is east european.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:59
pops

Jose really is a character, he always makes us feel welcome everytime we visit. He is a true professional.Watched some good footie matches, huddled round the patio heater outside Bonys at Easter. Looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks.
Old 17-08-2005, 06:14
suffolksteve

Sorry, a bit late on this one, but feel I must register my appreciation for the legendary Jose. This man recognises my family year after year, and the sweet throwing thing is somrthing else!! "Ole! do not worry I am a professional"
Old 24-08-2005, 02:07
terryw

"GlugGlugGlug"
Old 02-09-2005, 02:08

hi everyone ,
got to agree, jose is so funny, our 2 girls think he is great,lucky enough to have just had 3 weeks in pp, must have spent half the nights in bonys(purely for the children of course..................! )