Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Jose in Bonys (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1059-jose-bonys.html)

terryw 09-04-2005 18:44

Jose in Bonys

Having spent the best part of a week observing Jose doing his thing at Bonys in the square, I have to admit that the man is a marvel.
He literally never stops. Whether it is taking orders, delivering drinks, welcoming new customers, squeezing more tables, chairs and heaters into very limited space he is constantly on the go. He knows what his customers have come to expect from an entertainment perspective, and is happy to play the clown throughout. He has the ability to make everyone feel he is genuinely pleased to see them, and for their custom, and of course it is nice to be recognised and remembered visit after visit (which is no mean feat with the numbers that must go through that bar in a season).
Its probably not healthy the amount of time we spend sat in Bonys during a week in PP, but in all honesty during the time between visits it is the atmosphere sat outside people watching in the square, with Jose buzzing around like a mad thing, that we miss the very most

Terry

billtosh 11-04-2005 17:33

Every year my wife and I have been in PP we have ended the evening at Bonys, me drinking Cardhu, she on Tia Maria, and EVERY year Jose introduces himself with a different name. Last year it was Kennedy, and the year before ... well, too many Cardhus to remember what he called himself the year before! But he is without doubt, a consumate professional and I look forward to seeing him again in June

BonysLad 17-04-2005 02:06

Jose is a wonderful character and a lovely man. He also happens to be a very talented artist. One night after the customary coffee's and brandy he insisted on giving me some examples of his work ( pen and ink sketches) and wouldn't hear of me paying for them.

My wife and I were there two weeks ago and despite being huddled around the patio heaters it was nearly standing room only.

Must be worth his weight in gold to the owners.

Bonyslad

smiddy 19-04-2005 17:54

What a character! Barking mad!!!!

Portofan 20-04-2005 01:47

hi there!

he told me once he "Winters" in Barcelona and "Summers" in PP.

is that right or one of his yarns?

Porto

BonysLad 22-04-2005 03:16

Smiddy,

He might be but so was Salvador Dali !!!!!

Yes, it's true he does winter on the mainland. I believe he's from Seville and his wife is east european.

pops 07-05-2005 05:59

Jose really is a character, he always makes us feel welcome everytime we visit. He is a true professional.Watched some good footie matches, huddled round the patio heater outside Bonys at Easter. Looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks.

suffolksteve 17-08-2005 06:14

Sorry, a bit late on this one, but feel I must register my appreciation for the legendary Jose. This man recognises my family year after year, and the sweet throwing thing is somrthing else!! "Ole! do not worry I am a professional"

terryw 24-08-2005 02:07

"GlugGlugGlug"

andyandfay 02-09-2005 02:08

hi everyone ,
got to agree, jose is so funny, our 2 girls think he is great,lucky enough to have just had 3 weeks in pp, must have spent half the nights in bonys(purely for the children of course..................! )