Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Wine and More Wine

Wine and More Wine A forum hosted by Jane to teach us about the finer things in life...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2008, 19:53

Default Mallorcan Wine

Just back from Pollenca and tried a good selection of Mallorcan wines this time,most bought from the Dover shop behind the pine walk which stocks a good selection-

Macia Batle -crianza- very good everyday wine and worth shelling out a few extra euros for over their basic tinto.

Macia Batle -Blanc de blancs-really enjoyed this during the day with a fish lunch , not too acidic ,smooth and good value

Obac 05 -bodegas Binigrau - This was a good wine with a little more character than the Macia although I would not say it was worth the extra cost of around 6 euros.

Sio -bodegas Ribas- this was superb , smooth ,full bodied and good length,I have been trying to locate some back in the uk with no luck ,cant belive I did not bring some back,I think it cost around 14 -15 euros .

Aia -Miquel Oliver- not opened this yet ,it was recommended as one of Mallorcas best wine ,I will post a review soon!

Would like to hear some more recommendations for next time...

Cheers,

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2008, 20:40

Have a look here

Bodega Can Vidalet - Home
Old 18-08-2008, 21:09

Thanks Snowy ,

I passed this place on a bike ride one day and was wondering what they were like , will give it a try, any particular one you recommend or are they all good?

Mark
Old 18-08-2008, 22:17

They are all good go for a tasting
Old 19-08-2008, 09:51

IMO the whites are superior to the reds though.
Old 16-07-2009, 13:52

I am thinking of taking up Snowy's suggestion and trying the wine tasting at Bodega Can Vidalet outside Pollensa, has anyone been this year, what is the tour and tasting like, is it worth the time to visit?
Old 16-07-2009, 15:06

We had some Miquel Oliver one night - was good but my fav was the 2004 Macia Batle. I like having red when it is all warm and spicey - yum!!! Lala
Old 16-07-2009, 22:14

Smile

When we were over in June we visited the Ribas winery in Consell who make the excellent Sio and the even better Ribas de Cabrera,I can recommend the tour ,Araceli the owners daughter and winemaker took us on a tour of the vineyard where we met her grandfather working on a tractor in his 80`s now and is in the fields everyday,then back to the beautiful old bodega for a tasting of 4 wines and were served some traditional Mallorcan snacks(coca etc).
It was very friendly and informal and not rushed and only 15 euros each,which is good value seeing 4 bottles were opened and we were left to drink as much as we liked !
Something interesting she told me was that the Mallorcan goverment has made a deal with all the airlines to allow wine to be brought home at no extra charge (to promote Mallorcan wine/products) we were given a padded wine holder which could take 3 bottles of wine and told to hand this in at check in where it would go through as fragile goods,needless to say the check-in lady had no idea what I was talking about and after some discussion she told me to put it in my suitcase which went over the allowance but did not charge me.
I`ll look into this more before I go in August.

Bon Profit!
Old 17-07-2009, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I am thinking of taking up Snowy's suggestion and trying the wine tasting at Bodega Can Vidalet outside Pollensa, has anyone been this year, what is the tour and tasting like, is it worth the time to visit?
We popped in to pick up half a dozen bottles of white and obviously taste some whilst there! A couple were outside with nibbles and drinks, and they were expecting a group to turn up any moment, who did infact turn up as we were leaving, for a tasting and nibbles session. The views when you sit out are absolutely lovely. The mountains give a beautiful backdrop to the vinyards. You can no longer see through to the cellers as you could a couple of years ago, as they have put a wall and door on it to make the "tour" a bit more special I suspect. But its well worth a visit.
Old 17-07-2009, 09:11

Thanks Bella, we will probably pop in too then at the start to stock up
Old 17-07-2009, 15:25

Default Wine and More Wine

Hi.
This was the view we had at Bodega Can Vidalet in July 2007.

mallorca 2007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 17-07-2009, 15:47

Brill photos Robin, not just the Mallorcan ones!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 17-07-2009, 16:11
Super Moderator

Had a fab bottle of 2008 Macia Batle blanc de blanc in El Posito last night. Although i love C'an Vidalet, Macia Batle is my favourite and at €13 i think it's cracking value for a restaurant.
Old 17-07-2009, 17:19

Sparky it sounds like you had a fab night out last night - good steak, lovely wine - heaven! I wish I was there with you babes - maybe a full post is needed in the Tapas Bar where we can have a good blether?

Hugs,

Lala
Old 21-07-2009, 15:52

Default Mallorcan Wine

We also shopped in the Dover shop, very good value. We tried the Macia Batle white wine and Mortixx White and Rose - three very pleasant wines.