Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Wine and More Wine (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/wine-more-wine/)
-   -   New wines for 2018 ? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/wine-more-wine/13886-new-wines-2018-a.html)

scotslizzy 23-05-2018 15:24

New wines for 2018 ?

Although we are not due out until September (not that I am counting ) are there any new wines that we should try this year?

I got great recommendations last year and will obviously keep those in mind but I do like to ask if there are any new kids on the block that I /We should try this year.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

JPALCOVER 29-07-2018 20:46

Not really "new", but clearly my favourites, from Bodegas La Rioja Alta:

Viña Alberdi
Viña Arana
Viña Ardanza

Plus Gran Reserva 904 and Gran Reserva 890

MPH133 30-07-2018 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPALCOVER (Post 123796)
Not really "new", but clearly my favourites, from Bodegas La Rioja Alta:

Viña Alberdi
Viña Arana
Viña Ardanza

Plus Gran Reserva 904 and Gran Reserva 890

Where do you buy these please?

JPALCOVER 30-07-2018 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPH133 (Post 123813)
Where do you buy these please?

You can order online from Bodegas La Rioja Alta, buy from "EL Corte Inglés" or "Supermercados El Corte Inglés" (direct or online) or go to the main butcher shop in Pollensa.

mopezone 01-08-2018 13:47

I would suggest you try some of the fine Mallorquin wines available (even in Lidl now!) rather than that foreign (Spanish) muck!

Start with Vinyes Mortitx wine, produced just a few kilometres up the Lluc road - you won't regret it, and if you drive up to the vineyard before 3pm they'll give you a nice tasting of anything you fancy, before you buy!

Big Sal 01-08-2018 15:06

A good place to try some local wines, is a little shop (Sol y Tierra) along the calvari steps. Men's shirts are displayed outside but inside are various wines, gins and liqueurs. I really liked their Juniper and Olive gin!

sws97sdg 01-08-2018 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopezone (Post 123866)
I would suggest you try some of the fine Mallorquin wines available (even in Lidl now!) rather than that foreign (Spanish) muck!

Start with Vinyes Mortitx wine, produced just a few kilometres up the Lluc road - you won't regret it, and if you drive up to the vineyard before 3pm they'll give you a nice tasting of anything you fancy, before you buy!

I second that with Mortitx, and also Ca'n Vidalet, but shush, don't tell everyone, their output is limited and they tend to run out before the end of the season ;)

Hanser 01-08-2018 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopezone (Post 123866)

The butcher in Calle Tramuntana, PP sells this

Julian Simms 01-08-2018 17:35

Just thought I would mention that the Corte Ingles on Jaime III, in Palma, has a really excellent selection of wines, Champagne, Whisky, Brandy etc on the top floor, where there is a very good restaurant with views of the bay of Palma.

There is also a tapas bar where one can taste any bottle of wine one has chosen to take home. No corkage fee for anything that costs over € 15, glasses supplied free of charge.

You’re not obliged to drink the whole bottle either, as you can take home whatever is left !