Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Wine and More Wine

Wine and More Wine A forum hosted by Jane to teach us about the finer things in life...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By pansy potter
  • 1 Post By The Hamiltons
  • 4 Post By ymx28

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2013, 10:13

Default Buying Ca'n Vidalet in PP

Hi all,

When we were in PP last year, we discovered the lovely wines of Ca'n Vidalet late on in our holiday, and visited the Bodega, which I highly recommend.

Does anyone know if (without going to the actual Bodega) you can buy their wines in PP?

Specifically looking at the Blanc De Negres?

Thanks all, 19 days to go, not that I'm counting!
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2013, 10:51

theres a
new,proper wine shop in the main road Joan xiii just up from bar rumba past th pharmacia if anyone would have it ithink they would .
Old 15-07-2013, 11:20

Yes they have it ,also in Ensenat in Pollensa,maybe also the supermarkets.
Old 15-07-2013, 16:49
Under Moderation

I found the Ca'n Vidalet wine in Alcudia in delicatessen shops around the square but it is about 8 to 10 euros more than buying at Ca'n Vidalet, depending on which wine you want. You might be better taking a trip out there and stocking up - as we did when we visited in May. Found the whole experience there a bit weird and not very welcoming but the wine tasting was great!!
Old 15-07-2013, 21:51

We went to the C'an Vidalet Bodega in June, having tasted some of their produce at the Pollensa Wine Festival in April. The price of a small case (6 bottles) of the Blanc de blancs was around 53 euros, but I have yet to find it available in the main supermarkets, and anywhere else it must be more expensive. I found the atmosphere in the Bodega to be rather subdued however and not particularly welcoming.
Old 18-07-2013, 13:08

Given the relative close proximity, I'd recommend taking the trip to the Bodgea if you can and stocking up rather from the cellar itself rather than using a middle man and paying inflated prices in the shops in town.

I've been to the Bodegas for a tasting session a couple of times now, which were promoted through postings on the Ca'n Vidalet website. The wine is delicious and it was a really great to see where the vines grow and where they are processed into wine.

As someone else has mentioned above, if you do go for the wine tasting don't expect the friendliest service. On both occasions I have been I have found the lady in charge somewhat discourtious. However, I would still recommend a trip to Ca’n Vidalet for any visitor to Pollensa. The setting is lovely, with brilliant views of the vinyard and mountains in the distance and the wine is a pleasure to drink and relatively not too expensive if bought direct.

I've often been tempted to ship a couple of cases back home to the UK but have never got round to it. Maybe I'll sort something out this year.
Old 18-07-2013, 13:22

We went yesterday and had a lovely hour there and found it very welcoming. Wine tasting is €4.50 per person and you try 3 together with Mallorcan biscuits ,olives and water. The Spanish lady serving us the wines was very informative and friendly, then we had a lovely chat with the German lady who was the estate manager who told us a little about the beginnings of the vineyard.
It's well worth going , the setting is so peaceful and the wines cheaper than buying in the shops.
Belladonna and lollipop like this.

Last edited by pansy potter; 18-07-2013 at 13:23. Reason: Grammar
Old 19-07-2013, 11:59

I also emailed Anja, the estate manager, got the following reply this morning...

"You can by our wine in the Port of Pollensa at Cluvins
Calle La Gola, 20

They are whole sellers but sell to the public as well. They are open in the morning and afternoon from 4 pm on.

This is the little road which goes of the coast road next to Burger King."
lollipop likes this.
Old 20-07-2013, 10:10

Following these posts, we decided to go to Can Vidalet yesterday. What a pleasant surprise ! We were actually given a warm welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our wine tasting. They were really busy, which I wad told is unusual for a Friday afternoon. The power of the forum ...
pollensa, LK1960, Sparky and 1 others like this.
Old 20-07-2013, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossley Hillbilly View Post
I've often been tempted to ship a couple of cases back home to the UK but have never got round to it. Maybe I'll sort something out this year.
Someone did look into this a couple of years ago, with a view to selling in UK, I cant remember who though. I think it worked out too expensive to do with the problem of inevitable breakages etc. But if you do find a way, I think there will be a few of us who will be on your customer list!