Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32

Default Fishing

Hello,

I am arriving in PP tmrw morning, was hoping to get some fishing done during my short visit, I have read I will need a license but the details on the forum are really fague, one person has said you get them somewhere in Palma and another has said an office in Muro sells them, then you need to visit a bank in sa pobla to pay and then return to Muro to pick it up?

Will I really need this license? Will probably just be doing 2 or 3 mornings fishing, am I likely to end up with a hefty fine if I do not buy one?

If so, can anyone help with any clearer instructions or have things changed since the post from 2009?

Any help much appreciated.

kind regards

R
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17
Super Moderator

Hi RedWine, Google this :- dgpesca.caib.es. Hopefully it will help you.
Old 01-09-2011, 13:06
Founder

I found this but it made no sense to me I'm afraid Individual recreational maritime fishing licence

Does anyone have any recent practical experience of fishing licenses?
Old 01-09-2011, 16:00

Go to the Guardia Civil cuartel in Puerto Pollensa, they issue the licences.
Old 01-09-2011, 16:31

Hi Red,

I was in the port a month ago and went fishing several times just in the Marina, basically casting in the space where a boat wasn't.

Nobody said anything, I have fished in and around the marina since I was a kid 25yrs+ and never had any bother as long as you don't make nuisance of youself.

The real trick is hooking a fish , the small mullet just nibble the bread , below them are some sort of mediterranean bream, (Saupe someone once called them) which will take a very small hook.

On very light tackle I landed 4 in an hour with a bite every cast, then I no Pro, just a canal angler back here.

Very good sport on light tackle, just watch the breeze , I had to jump on a boat to untangle my line, luckily no noticed i was beeing a nuiscance.

Not sure if this is the info you are after ,but here it is never the less.
Old 01-09-2011, 20:42

My other half went fishing quite a few times during the past two weeks we were in PP, he went on a jetty opposite where Trotters was, and didn't have any licence. When we first started to come to PP he fished up the top end of marina where the sailing club start their lessons, but was then told it was not available for fishing. He likes where he goes now and has had quite good luck there.
Old 01-09-2011, 22:23

Hey guys,

Thanks, thats some good advice from everyone and may have a little fish without the license around trotters and the marina but may pick one up if I decide to do more than just a couple of days

Thanks so much again, all packed and ready to head out

This forum is brilliant!

Kind Regards

R
Old 01-09-2011, 22:53

I always fish at the other end of the pine walk (near the aerodrome / illa d'or), with a travel set I bring with me. Get quite a few small Sea Bream out, but its all about the correct hook size! But it all depends what your after.
Old 01-09-2011, 22:58

I wonder if wedding cake is good bait Kev?
Old 01-09-2011, 23:38

Maybe! Hmmm.... the Sun Terrace at the Miramar could be a good location, might disappear during the reception for a while! T'other half would probably join me!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren73 View Post
Hi Red,

I was in the port a month ago and went fishing several times just in the Marina, basically casting in the space where a boat wasn't.

Nobody said anything, I have fished in and around the marina since I was a kid 25yrs+ and never had any bother as long as you don't make nuisance of youself.

The real trick is hooking a fish , the small mullet just nibble the bread , below them are some sort of mediterranean bream, (Saupe someone once called them) which will take a very small hook.

On very light tackle I landed 4 in an hour with a bite every cast, then I no Pro, just a canal angler back here.

Very good sport on light tackle, just watch the breeze , I had to jump on a boat to untangle my line, luckily no noticed i was beeing a nuiscance.

Not sure if this is the info you are after ,but here it is never the less.
You have been very lucky. I can confirm without doubt fishing in the Marina in and around the boats is prohibited.And clearly marked as such. Discarded line etc can cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to boat props and engines. Not to mention fishing hooks in or on boat upholstery or worse in a carpet which could lead to serious injury to an unsuspecting boat owner or his guests. I am just glad it was not my boat you were jumping all over to retrieve your line . I assure you had the owner of the boat seen you jumping all over his boat you could have had quite a problem on your hands.
There are many piers to fish off around the beaches specially along the Pinewalk. I have fished there on occasions for over 20 years as have my friends and family without a problem.
Please enjoy your fishing but fish responsibly and observe the no fishing areas clearly marked in and around the Marina they are in Spanish but the picture of a fish on a line in a circle with a red line through it and the words Prohibido pretty much translates in any language.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35

Unhappy Fishing

Fishing from the piers along the Pine Walk seems fine (as long as you have a licence) - and totally agree with previous comments about the damage discarded lines/hooks can do to wildlife, boats and to people.

We have even seen some careless people fishing from the beach along the Pine Walk, wading in & casting their lines amongst the swimmers - unbelievable!
Old 04-09-2011, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
You have been very lucky. I can confirm without doubt fishing in the Marina in and around the boats is prohibited.And clearly marked as such. Discarded line etc can cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to boat props and engines. Not to mention fishing hooks in or on boat upholstery or worse in a carpet which could lead to serious injury to an unsuspecting boat owner or his guests. I am just glad it was not my boat you were jumping all over to retrieve your line . I assure you had the owner of the boat seen you jumping all over his boat you could have had quite a problem on your hands.
There are many piers to fish off around the beaches specially along the Pinewalk. I have fished there on occasions for over 20 years as have my friends and family without a problem.
Please enjoy your fishing but fish responsibly and observe the no fishing areas clearly marked in and around the Marina they are in Spanish but the picture of a fish on a line in a circle with a red line through it and the words Prohibido pretty much translates in any language.
I did not "jump all over" anything as you put it (twice).

I put one foot on a small boat for a few seconds so as i could reel in carefully and safely to avoid a snag.

As it happens, I take great care with my tackle and never leave discarded line behind. I also only use barbless hooks and endeavour to return my catch to the water with the minimum fuss and stress to the fish.

Last edited by Sparky; 04-09-2011 at 09:33. Reason: Offensive remark removed.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:05
Super Moderator

I think the original question has been answered and some very good points have been raised (i didn't know a licence was required), please enjoy your fishing but do remember you could be fined if you are doing it illegally.
Old 10-06-2012, 19:47

Hi, are there any charter fishing trips from the port where holiday makers can have a day fishing out at sea? Thanks