Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-2013, 10:52
Super Moderator

And here is the DDM take on the story. Madrid asegura que ordenará los fondeos ilegales de Albercutx - Diario de Mallorca translation by Google.

Quote:
Madrid says illegal moorings order Albercutx
The Encrypt and Deputy Mayor Ramis met yesterday with Secretary of State for the Environment

JFS Secretary of State, Ministry of Environment, Federico Ramos, pledged yesterday in Madrid before the mayor of Pollença, Tomeu Encrypt (PP), to "find a solution" to allow "organizing and managing" illegal moorings affecting the Badia d'Albercutx, in Port de Pollença, and according to the City cause a serious environmental impact in the marine area of the municipality. The meeting was also attended by the CEO of Sustainability of the Coast and the Sea, Pablo Saavedra, and Deputy Miquel Ramis popular group.
According to a statement issued yesterday by the municipality of Pollença, Encrypt mayor was "very satisfied" after the meeting by the "bias" shown by the high office of Environment to address the "enormous environmental pressure" that supports this area of the municipality, which this summer have come to register more than 300 illegal moorings.

The Council recalls that, at present, live two moorings regulated by ecological zones: Formentor, managed by the association Proyecto Hombre, and Punta Avançada, where rates imposed this summer by the Regional Ministry of Environment have been heavily criticized by users small and medium-sized vessels, which in July demonstrated against the measure. The Consistory said yesterday that he is "against" the payment of fees to fund.

At the Badia d'Albercutx "there is a high demand for small craft moorings and tourist recreational use," according to the municipal institution, leading to increased soil erosion and marine liquid and solid waste. "Regulated areas not end with this problem," says Hall.

Encrypt Tomeu Mayor added, after the meeting, hopes to have this winter with the document to be prepared by the Secretariat of State to order the moorings in Albercutx. "When we take up the issue document to all stakeholders: representatives of the City, Ports de les Illes Balears, the Royal Yacht Club Port de Pollença, Regional Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Environment," the popular mayor.
Old 13-11-2013, 21:01

well that clears that up then, NOT LOL
Old 14-11-2013, 11:48

I agree Fil that has sorted out a very serious problem with the Posidonia,
we will see next year what happens.

Like you I use the Marina most of the 300 boats will probably go further
along the coast to llenaire.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:51
Super Moderator

Read this in the DDM Los amarradores del Port lamentan que el muelle se quede sin barcas pequeñas - Diario de Mallorca. Translated by Google.

Quote:
The mooring association of Port de Pollença yesterday denounced an open letter by the situation in the port 'pollencí', in which the family "lifelong" boat moorings are being evicted because of "inability to pay prices stratospheric "faced by using the facilities of a" public port ". The letter, signed by Marc Crespi Gómez, a member of the association of port users, regrets that the boats that have been traditionally used to go and spend a day at sea with family or go fishing for small scale "just occupying prominently under a fig tree in the family estate ", which it describes as" disaster. "

Said association believes that the future of the Port of Pollença "is downright dark, uncertain minimum" and that the "charm" that gave off years "is lost." The possible privatization of port facilities concern to owners of small boats. "The port facilities and, crucially, the part managed by Ports de les Illes, have suffered for decades disastrous management and incomprehensible neglect by the Government, and now, in a privatization maelstrom unprecedented want to leave it any private company, "lament. Nor understood as "a port that creates value, not just a few, must be rescued by private enterprise."

The mooring association believes the image of "half empty ports" could be a constant in the coming years by the intention of the Government to privatize the port areas. As an example, they cite the case of the first privatized public harbor, Cala Nova, with prices that can reach 3,500 per year for a boat of 6.50 meters.

The solution, in his view, would go through a "public management optimization", plus a "constant" dialogue between different sectors, promoting the activities of the port and the "absolute and transparent" control of income and expenses.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:02

Saw this, think its a shame if all the locals boats were to leave the port, it makes such a beautiful backdrop, I assume the mean these, the little wooden fishing boats, sounds like they want them to pay to moor there, or pay more to moor there, would be a shame!

DSC_0770 by sws97sdg, on Flickr

On island time!!
Old 05-02-2014, 15:06

I'm sure the small boats will still be there for some years to come!
Old 05-02-2014, 15:45

The problem is allot of those small boats are on council moorings and have been for many many years some never actually leave the Port. and they pay very little rent. To get one of those moorings is a very long wait I know somebody who has been on the list for over 10 years.( dead Man,s shoes system) I suspect its those moorings they are talking about because they bring in very little income. At the moment a 6.5mtr Public Mooring from May to October costs around 750 Euro. And they are not always available because space is limited. The moorings they are referring to pay a fraction of that for all year. As always nothing is as simple as it seems in PP LOL .
Old 06-02-2014, 11:46

Possibly like yourself 'fil' - I remember the Harbour at PP before it was redeveloped into the excellent Marina we have today.
Presumably the small (mainly/originally) fishing llout owners may have been able to carry over certain rights from those earlier days, instead of being obliged to pay the greater fees attracted by the Marina? I don't know this for certain, just an assumption. Perhaps you may know more on this one.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:08

As I understand it the original Council moorings still stand and they appear to stay with the family which I think is what they are trying to stop. Most of these moorings are not really used some have Old boats and llouts on some not even sea worthy but just keeping the mooring and paying a pepper corn rent. I can understand why they want to sort this out and to be honest it may even help to tidy up the Marina and free up spaces for people who want to use the Marina but cannot get a space.
Old 16-05-2014, 09:10
Super Moderator

This from the El Govern suprime los fondeos de pago en Punta Avançada en aguas de Pollença » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:
The Government suppresses payment moorings in the waters of Punta Avançada Pollença

The Govern de les Illes Balears not install this season in Punta Avançada moorings. After a year of intense opposition to the moorings of payment by boaters, the Government finally resigns place 50 buoys planned for the area and does so as a result of the judgment of 20 February 2014 issued by the Supreme Court rescinded and fourteen regional decrees's 2007 management plans fourteen Sites of Community Importance (SCI), including Avançada. Judgment ruled that "the regions can only regulate the external waters or territorial sea measures environmental protection for duly justified exceptional cases which are not established in this case. " So far, the Balearic Government had kept an absolute silence about Punta Avançada buoys. He had transcended through the sailors themselves, the offer that had launched the regional authorities to Club Nautico de Pollença to take over the operation of the buoys, which had not accepted the Club. Now, announcing the Government of Balearic advances installation for anchoring ecological regulated in SCI areas to May 20 buoys, has transcended the news that there will be buoys in Punta Avançada, which does occur in other areas. buoys l 'Avançada originate in LifePosidonia project started in 2006. There was free buoys between 2006 and 2009 and were suppressed until 2013 when the Government issued a tender for its operation and began charging for anchoring. This season the Govern de les Illes Balears plans install 330 buoys for anchoring boats in nine areas of LIC Balears (ses Salines of Eivissa, Formentera s'Espalmador the Calo of s'Oli, Cala Blava, Sant Elm, Fornells, Illa d'en Colom, Porto Petro and Porto Colom.
Old 16-05-2014, 11:28

Not sure I even now what that means clear as Mud as always lol
debz1 and Sparky like this.
Old 16-05-2014, 11:43

Talking

Brilliant some good news at last, only time will tell. I for one will be a very happy chappie this year hurrah.............
Sparky likes this.