Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2010, 14:57

Default Big thumbs up to Scuba Mallorca

Thought I'd write a quick review of brilliant experience of Scuba Mallorca. I booked a Bubblemaker session for my 9 year old son before we left by email and we had the session on Saturday last week, June 5. I decided not to join my son with the scuba diving but I came along and did some snorkelling.

The session started at the Scuba Mallorca shop in the centre of PP. We got kitted up in a full wetsuit and flippers for him and just a half wetsuit and flippers for me. Another family joined us and it helped they were lovely. Their 12 year old girl and Dad were going scuba diving and the Mum and the 7 year old son were joining me in snorkelling. We all took the short walk down to the harbour with Tom, the scuba instructor, and Sebastian, the boat captain. We then got onto a small Scuba Mallorca boat and headed off to a beautiful small cove.

Tom, although only 19, was an excellent instructor and was very patient with the kids. Sebastian was a lovely bloke too and they both made the session very enjoyable.

The kids got to scuba dive under the boat while I watched from the surface and then all too soon the session was over. The kids got some time to do some free diving into the sea and then we headed back to PP very happy indeed.

The whole session cost me €89 which covered both my son's scuba session and my snorkelling session which I didn't think was too bad (this included a 5% discount for booking online and another 5% for paying in cash). So all in all I can thoroughly recommend Scuba Mallorca.

Here are some photos so you can see what it's like:

The cove:

Tom giving some instructions:

Sebastian helping the kids in the water:

Tom helping the kids in the water:

Last edited by SimonButlerPhotography; 01-07-2010 at 12:37.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 12:37

I've edited the post above to make the photos smaller.
Old 01-07-2010, 13:47

More great pictures from you, Simon!

Me and my son got the missus snorkelling this year. Quite an achievement for someone who could barely go under before. She loved it, swimming with the fish at PP and Formentor. She has resolved to learn scuba next time we are there, so your endorsement will be of considerable interest to her.
Old 01-07-2010, 16:12

Thankyou so much for posting this. I have booked a Try Scuba Diving session for my daughter and I when we go later this month - husband said no way! We are really looking forward to it so it is great to see such a positive review and fabulous pics.

Thanks!
Old 13-08-2010, 11:01

These pics take on a whole new meaning now that we are back home. My daughter and I did the Try Scuba Diving experience last week and it was brilliant. For anyone who is interested, definitely do it.

After filling in forms, you are kitted out with wetsuit, flippers and jacket before heading down to the harbour. There were four of us and another two who were doing a more experienced dive. Once we were fully kitted out and given instructions on how to use the equipment.

I did freak a little as we had to step of the boat straight into the water with all the gear on - I think I thought that we would gently wade in. I am not very good at either diving or jumping in water but it was fine - Sebastian just made me sit on the edge of the boat and and gently pushed me in. I have to be honest and say that it took me longer than the others to pick up how to get down to the sea bed but I did get there. We have definitley been bitten by the bug and want to do it again next year.

The cost was 75 euros but there are discounts if you book before you get there and then pay in cash on the day - 5% for each so the cost was 67.50 each euros, which I thought was well worth it. The people are all really lovely too and are so helpful.

Great fun and really glad we finally decided to have a go.

My daughter wants me to go Parasailing next - but I am not sure about that!