Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Watersports & Sailing (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/)
-   -   Parascending & Kayak hire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/6102-parascending-kayak-hire.html)

allanglens 09-06-2010 10:14

Parascending & Kayak hire

Hi all,

My family and I will be in PP at the end of June.

My daughters wish to try the parascending and kayaking. Does anyone know (1) if the parascending boat is still operating from the Tamarells beach (it is about 5 years since we were there); and (2) can you hire kayaks off the beach for 1 - 2 hours?

TIA for your responses.

allanglens

lollipop 09-06-2010 13:49

Allglens, yes Kayaks are still available on the beach for hire and the parascending appears to be getting ready for the season and if they fancy trying something new I believe sail and Surf will be doing Stand Up Paddle Surfing (beach boy surfing comes to Pollenca).

allanglens 09-06-2010 15:59

Lollipop,

Thanks for that.

Can you advise where the kayak hire is from? Sail & Surf didn't do 'bare' hire the last time I was there. Is it from up near the military base end?

TIA

allanglens

sws97sdg 09-06-2010 15:59

Thanks Lollipop, thats good to know, I have always wanted to try that, they do a lot of paddle surfing on the south coast as the swell can be inconsistent, so it will be just right for the small waves you get at times through the summer, I may give it a try, and of cause the sea is warm unlike in Britain

its cd 09-06-2010 20:40

Hi the guy who used to rent Kayaks from the military end now has his Kayaks near Sail and Surf

His number used to be 0034 696 151 340 but I dd try this numer last year and got no answer, didnt; get round to rentin a kayak so didn;t have a chat with the chap to confirm if number still valid ...... worth a try though.

He is a really nice helpful bloke who did tell us a couple of years ago that if we wanted to rent for half a day, he would bring a few kayaks up to the military end ( small pebble beach he usd to rent from ) and leave them their for us.

PaulB 10-06-2010 10:04

CD,

Can you remember the cost for the kayak hire?

its cd 10-06-2010 21:03

Not exactly but I do know it is quite reasonable

I think it was about 10 or 12 euros an hour for one that would sit 2 and a bit cheaper for a 1 man and he was also willing to do a deal for a morning if we wanted a few ( not loads .... just 4 )

Having said that, an hour was enough for me .... I reckon if I had been at it much longer I would have had to paddle over to the Illa D'or pier and get someone to pass me a drink down

Will do some fact finding in July and post details

Oops just seen you are over in June ..... well it may help someone else

lollipop 12-06-2010 18:03

I now can confirm prices for kayaking. Single 10€ per hr/20€ half day, Double 15 per hr and 30 half day.
Sea Kayak Single 15 per hr and 30 1/2 day, Double 20 and 40 .

PaulB 13-06-2010 17:50

Nice one, Lollipop! :)

It may be a stupid question, but what's the difference between kayak and sea kayak and where do you get them from?

lollipop 14-06-2010 14:03

I think one you sit on and the other you sit in!!. They are on the beach by the La Gola next to Sail and Surf with the river between.

PaulB 14-06-2010 17:24

Thanks, Lollipop. :)

lollipop 14-06-2010 21:13

Well PaulB, what I said is not quite right now I have had a chance to ask my OH. A sea kayak is longer and narrower for directional stability through the waves. A normal kayak is wider and more stable but not necessarily straight. and could be of a sit on variety. Here ends the lesson.

Chemical Dave 02-08-2010 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanglens (Post 45019)
Hi all,

My family and I will be in PP at the end of June.

My daughters wish to try the parascending and kayaking. Does anyone know (1) if the parascending boat is still operating from the Tamarells beach (it is about 5 years since we were there); and (2) can you hire kayaks off the beach for 1 - 2 hours?

TIA for your responses.

allanglens

Allenglens

I would avoid the parascending if the recent report in the Daily Mail is true.
Miracle escape as father and son plunge 100ft as holiday parasail rope snaps | Mail Online

Adios

Dave