Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2019, 09:33

Default Small craft given warning tickets by Maritime Captain Monday 28/8/19

Just been out for a paddle in our kayak this morning which we tie up on one of the marker bouys for power craft to gain access to a jetty. We have had a warning notice stuck on to it which I'm struggling to translate, but it looks like it's asking for all craft to be registered within 24 hrs. We paddled round to the Illa Dor and every single type of floating craft has got one, canoes, SUP, Windsurfers, jet skis, dinghies, and tenders. Anyone know any more behind this and if we deflate and take ours off the water each day would it still need registering.
Thanks and I hope no one gets caught out.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2019, 11:10

I do not think you are allowed to tie up on marker buoys. If your kayak swings into the marked channel it will be restricting access.
Old 26-08-2019, 12:37
Super Moderator

The town hall is going to fine all boats or dinghys moored 100m or closer to the beach. They've put stickers with warnings on all boats today which will be fined and dinghys/boats without a license will be removed within the next few days.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 26-08-2019, 18:39

Thanks Sparky, does that mean we need a license for for our inflatable kayak which we bring out for holiday use and it would then need to be moored at least 100m offshore from now on? If so do you know where we get the license from please.
TIA
Old 27-08-2019, 09:47

I've used google translate from the notice as best I can below

ates que no es un element matriculat, en 24 hours des de la present acta es considerata un residu, sera retirat per lAjuntament en compliment de la Llei de Costes

Before it is not an element of registration, within 24 hours of the present act it is considered a residence, it will be withdrawn by the City Council in compliance with the Llei de Costes
Old 28-08-2019, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyman View Post
I've used google translate from the notice as best I can below

ates que no es un element matriculat, en 24 hours des de la present acta es considerata un residu, sera retirat per lAjuntament en compliment de la Llei de Costes

Before it is not an element of registration, within 24 hours of the present act it is considered a residence, it will be withdrawn by the City Council in compliance with the Llei de Costes
Given that this element [object] is not registered, 24 hours after the present notice [legal document] has been issued it will be considered as residue ["disposed of" or "garbage"] and will thus be withdrawn by the Townhall (authorities) in compliance with the law (of coast).
Sparky likes this.
Old 28-08-2019, 11:14

Jpalcover, thanks for that. There's still a lot of boats within the area that haven't been moved, including the very pretty small local boat in front of the Illa Dor. I spoke to the owner of the apt we rent and he said it was aimed at reducing the damage to the sea grass .

Last edited by wiggyman; 28-08-2019 at 11:47.
Old 29-08-2019, 11:02

A number of boats have been taken away by the police this morning, and bouys lifted.
Rigourman likes this.
Old 29-08-2019, 13:38

I have just spoken to a friend of mine who has told me that the authorities are removing ALL the small moorings dotted along the coast as well as ALL the tenders.

Plan B is apparently to do the same with the larger craft moored further out in the bay.

This sounds serious and like they mean business.

Let’s hope a happy medium can be found.
Old 29-08-2019, 15:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
Let’s hope a happy medium can be found.
Registering the boats/dinghies/boards seems to be the most reasonable option if these "vessels" are to be moored on a buoy that does not belong to the "user" (of said buoy). Else, bringing them ashore after each use would be a sensible alternative.
Old 29-08-2019, 17:43

From what I understood, and according to my friend, the removed “vessels” are all on (were) the edge of the coast line and were using their own, albeit “illegal” moorings, in other words, cement and building blocks.

I personally can’t see the point in registering something if there is nowhere to put it afterwards, and taking a small tender or zodiac home is nigh on impossible, especially if the owner lives in an apartment.
Old 30-08-2019, 07:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Simms View Post
From what I understood, and according to my friend, the removed “vessels” are all on (were) the edge of the coast line and were using their own, albeit “illegal” moorings, in other words, cement and building blocks.

I personally can’t see the point in registering something if there is nowhere to put it afterwards, and taking a small tender or zodiac home is nigh on impossible, especially if the owner lives in an apartment.
Quite true…. and the law being the law, all citizens and residents have to abide by it. An effort to change the law would take time and might not be successful. As long as the provisions of the law remain unchanged, one must comply, even if one disagrees with them.
Old 30-08-2019, 12:44

Without wanting to divert the thread, is there information available that relates to what the rules are regarding use of kayaks/paddle boards and whether you can launch from the general beach area or not. Also where you are allowed to paddle?
Old 30-08-2019, 18:34

From my limited experience there's no rules on launching and where you can paddle, early morning and late evening it's ok to hug the coast as there's less people swimming, during the busier part of the day further offshore and outside the swimming zones would be best bet, although the pedaloes go anywhere at anytime, but they generate revenue so that's OK of course!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:21

In the daily news

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...nsa-boats.html