Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Watersports & Sailing

Watersports & Sailing Sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and anything else water related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2005, 21:18
BIGMIKEYOYO

Default jet skis

Hi everyone,heading out to pp next week and have a 16yr old keen to try jet skiing,does anyone know any reputable companies that hire them and how much should I expect to pay?
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2005, 06:09
Founder

You have to have a license to use a jet-ski - see aurorapowerboats The training includes use of one (if you don't have your own)but I haven't yet found anywhere that rents them.
Old 30-07-2005, 00:57
PennyWhite

We have found in other places that they like the riders to be 18, did get away with it on St Lucia but hey things are a bit laid back there... Didn't find anywhere that had any but if anyone would know Sail and Surf at the Alcudia end would.
Old 19-08-2005, 04:47
smiddy

Default Jet-ski's

On a more sombre note you will recall a girl was killed in Greece last week, my own daughter lost a school mate(15) in July to a jet-ski accident. They are not toys, please be careful. Seems the biggest danger is someone colliding with you, as was the case in both these accidents.
Old 30-08-2005, 17:17
robjay

Default Re: Jet-ski's

Very sad to hear about your daughters friend Smiddy.
As Pollensa has said you really need to go on a course before you use a PWC. These are very powerful, fast craft some are even faster than some powerboats.
Would you allow you children to jump on a superbike dressed in just shorts and wave them off at the roadside?.

There are rules for waterusers just the same as there are rules for the roadusers. Please learn them and use them.

Most PWC accidents are caused by lack of concentration and involve hitting other craft/ swimmer/rocks etc. Sad to say there are a high number of fatalities and serious injuries every year. These are NOT toys.

Take care.

Rob
Old 30-08-2005, 21:06
smiddy

Default Jet-Ski's

Thanks Rob, The service was last week, it actualy happened in Thailand. Apparently the guy riding the bike was 5 times over the limit. Food for thought, there's nothing to stop some imbacile jumping on to one of these things after a "bevvy" session, who's going to breathalyse them?
Old 30-08-2005, 21:39
Rosie10

Default Re: Jet-Ski's

Hi
Just a thought - check your insurance cover as most 'lively' sports are not covered. Only found out after my husband had been up in the 'microlite' that single-engined flights are not covered. He was fine - just took lots of brandy to settle his tum aftrewards (any excuse).
Old 30-08-2005, 21:46
robjay

Smiddy so hard to believe that someone could do a thing like that.
I read an article in which a woman who's PWC had stalled had been struck by another PWC which was following too closely and without due regard to others safety, the rider of the second PWC had jumped of just proir to it stricking the first PWC. The injuries to the poor woman were awful but she survived and many months afterwards has still to return to work. the rider of the second PWC has been charged with causing the accident by the police. This happened in the USA. I could be wrong but I'm almost sure the same can happen in the UK. There was an article a while back on the news about a Captain being charged with being over the limit whilst in charge of his ship.

Another thing worth thinking about is that most basic travel Insurance policies DON"T cover you for using PWC's, water Skiing etc etc etc.

Take care out there.

Rob
Old 30-08-2005, 21:56
Rosie10

Hi Rob
I just said that!
Old 30-08-2005, 23:47
robjay

So you did!, Now we both get an extra posting for that .:rollin :rollin :rollin
Rob