Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Watersports & Sailing (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/)
-   -   wind surfing school (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/watersports-sailing/1180-wind-surfing-school.html)

Red Robbo 06-03-2007 00:21

wind surfing school

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine and his 11-year-old son who are both made keen on windsurfing are coming to PP this summer.
They tried the windsurfing school opposite Tolo's last year but can anyone help with the name/ website of the other school on the main road out of PP towards Alcudia opposite a large apartment complex.
Many thanks for any help.

smg 11-03-2007 06:17

wind surfing school

guess you mean the HOTEL Club Pollentia, a fine establishment ( our 6th year coming up)

Tamer runs a windsurf school there, per links below, although he doesn't seem to update his website very often.

He has a good range of kit for all ability levels, and I'm sure he would agree a deal for non residents.

For accompanying family, the hotel is relaxed about others using the pool, etc, as long as you patronise the bar, & they do good value lunches

www.clubpollentia.com/ing..._index.htm

www.surf-and-cat-fun.com/

enjoy....pp bay is a good place to learn to windsurf, with generally reliable onshore winds, & nice sandy bottom

good blasting for us veterans, too!

Red Robbo 12-03-2007 17:50

wind surfing school

Many thanks for your reply.
That has been most helpful and I shall pass it on to my friend.

its cd 02-04-2007 04:11

Hi

My daughter and neice ( 13 and 16 also want to lear to windsurf this summer and so I have just emailed Tamer ( as you say , the website doesn;t really tell you much )

When I get a reply I'll post an update

smg 10-06-2007 04:08

just back from a great 2 weeks

Tamer seems to be much busier this year, so don't know if he will reply to emails

he now has a large selection of kit, including JP boards, & Neil Pryde sails, as well as the previous Starboard / North combinations.

Still a great palce to learn to sail, although there was not enough wind for me this time

seantheman 05-07-2009 23:28

thought i'd resurrect this thread rather than start again, same question really, coming to llenaire 22 aug- july 3 are there any windsurfing schools
in the area? thanks in advance

pollensa 06-07-2009 08:09

My son learnt at Sail & Surf a few years ago so I should think they still do it - see Puerto Pollensa (Pollenca) - sailing, yacht charters, watersports, scuba It's on the main Sandy beach.

smg 06-07-2009 08:34

Tamer still at Hotel Club Pollentia, on the main road towards Alcudia. You can't miss the flags by the beach duringthe day. Popped in this year, & he has a great range of kit.

( lunch not so good value this year, though - paying cash for it brought home the value of our 'all-inclusive' arrangement over the past few years)

lollipop 06-07-2009 19:52

I can confirm that Sail and Surf do still run English windsurfing courses. Enquire on the beach at their kiosk or in the office next to the Bistro.

seantheman 06-07-2009 23:41

thanks for the info. thats another of the 'to do' list sorted:)

pops 17-08-2010 01:03

After all the years of watching windsurfing, I impulsively booked a course and regretted it immediately. I should have known when they asked my age!! Why did I have to tell them I was 44! They did smile when I arrived and everyone else was between 10 and 16 lol. I felt like Rodney Trotter and the Groovy Gang I think I was the source of entertainment on the first morning, however by the 2nd day I absolutely loved it and surprised to find out I could actually do it.
So glad I didn't cancel the course and can't wait ti hire one next time. The Sail and Surf guys were great too.

Cocoa07 17-08-2010 17:00

Very funny pops. I know the feeling though about feeling out of place. When I had to put my wetsuit on for the scuba diving it was not a flattering look and the other two guys on course were lithe and slim. I asked my daughter if it looked as bad as I felt and she said - "I love you very much mum, but it's not a good look" - as you can gather, the diet for Mallorca 2011 has already started.....especially as I too want to do it again next year!