Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elainewalls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-10-2011, 21:28

Default Bike storage advice

Can I ask where do people store their bikes if they have them on holiday or hire them. I know PP is very popular with cyclists and they seem to have very expensive bikes so assume they would not be keeping them outside but inside of their apartment. We have just returned from holiday in the port and we had hired a bike from multi hire for our son for 1 week which was brilliant we had assumed we would be able to store it in the apartment we had rented for the week overnight the apt was large and we were very careful however the we were informed that it was not possible to do this just wondered what other people do

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2011, 21:44

Hi elaine. I think this has cropped up before, but with no definitive answer unfortunately. Obviously hotels give bike storage, so this may be a possibility to ask if they have space, but it seems unlikely. I have seen bikes chained to the railings by private apartments, although this obviously is a bit risky. Some apartments may have underground parking which could be used for more safety, you would need to ask. I suppose if you were good with bikes, you could do what they do in London - take a wheel off yourself when you chain it up so it is not worth stealing! Hope you get a good reply soon from someone who does have a good answer!
Old 25-10-2011, 07:00

Thanks Bella we were worried about just leaving it locked to a lamp post or something overnight in the street in case of theft . The chap in multi hire did say you had to be very careful as theft of bikes apparently is prevalent. I think next time we go we may just have to return the bike each day to the shop for security which I suppose is not a big problem if you are quite close to the bike shop.
Old 25-10-2011, 14:35

We have a garage with our villa so it isn't a problem for our guests. During the main cyclist time we find the villa to be a popular rent. It is quite amusing actually as we find the cyclist want to know so much about the garage and if there is room to work on their bikes should there be a need. They really aren't interested in what the villa has to offer! I'm sure some actually would sleep with their bikes given the chance but there again they are worth a lot of money! lol
Old 25-10-2011, 17:21

It has been a real problem in the past, but Ryanair has put paid to most of us bringing bikes over now with their ridiculous carriage charges, they try to milk you dry.
Many of the lads we cycle with now hire from the excellent Pro cycling in the Port.
Old 24-06-2012, 14:01

The guy at Pro Hire told me that I am responsible for the bike whilst I have it. I was provided with a chain that I use when securing it short term but in the evening it goes into the apartment and haven't been told off yet..;-)
Old 24-06-2012, 15:14

Hi we were on holiday again in the port recently and had rented the same apt where we had been told we could not keep the bike overnight but this time we rented the bike from a shop closer to us gocycling and we paid up front for one week hire and my son just got the bike out every day and when he was finished with it he took it back to the shop and they stored it for us until he wanted it again next day it was great and saved any hassle worrying if we were going to get into trouble ! It also saved my hubby's back as he was the one who had to carry it up the stairs last time ! So ideal and the staff in the bike shop were very helpful
lollipop likes this.