Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 08:54

Default cami del puig de maria

can any body tell me if they have done this walk , and how difficult it is ,we would poss do it when we come out at the end of july but it can get rather warm then any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 09:00

The locals seem to manage it even carrying portable bbqs with them! However, being a normal walker ie mainly shopping, we drove up for a little way and parked where others seem to have done and then walked up. Not particulary difficult and quite pretty too. Obviously lovely views at the top with a little cafe. Hubbys mobile worked up there and he received a call from work!! Rather spoilt the moment though!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:08

cheers belladonna , i think we give it a go anyway ,we have dragged the kids up many hills for a walk with the dogs in the highlands so i think we can manage this
just on the mobile phone thing out on the pedalos last year in da bay and yes my mobile phone went regarding work what a moment
Old 11-05-2011, 09:08

Hi Meg, we have done this walk nearly every year for the last 17, in April, June, July and August. It is a brilliant walk with magnificent views of Pollensa, the Port and coast, Alcudia and the mountains down to Palma, if you haven't ever done it you really should. It can be hot in summer but the is shade in most parts as you walk through the lovely pine trees, to wards the top it is more open but there is usually a breeze. There are a couple of benches placed at just the right places for a rest. It depends how fit you are, it is steep in places and the very top can be slippery at times, but if you take your time, take plenty of water and wear proper shoes it will be fine. The views at the top are simply stunning. Link here to the puig this Easter Puig de Maria

On island time!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:02

thanks for that sws , i would like to think we could manage this , sound the perfect way to spend one of your days in a place we call home from home , we keep on wanting to come out out of school terms but it just to difficult just now , one day soon
the pictures look lovely

thanks
meg1973
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40

We usually park in the car park near the Repsol petrol station in Pollensa and walk from there. there is a track at the side of the car park that goes to the Puig.

This google maps link shows car park near the petrol station and track to the Puig de maria
pollensa - Google Maps

This picture of Pollensa square was taken while walking up Puig de Maria with a compact camera zoomed right in.

Pollenca square from above by Mark G. in England, on Flickr

It is up hill all the way to the top but well worth it for the view and a cup of coffee.

We often see older local ladies walking up in the mornings, they do this everyday apparently as a keep fit, fitter than me that's for sure
Old 12-05-2011, 13:32

Thats where we usually park as well there are a few places just off the main road at the start of the walk, its well signposted, in case you are nor sure where it is it is on the left as you drive around the base of the puig after you pass the junction into the town after the cockerel roundabout in the direction of Palma. As for driving up it, I wouldn't recommend it, after the first part where the villas are it does get very narrow and steep with hairpin bends, no places to pass for much of it, much better to park at the bottom and walk all the way up.

On island time!!
Old 12-05-2011, 19:37

Smile

Walk sounds great......it was on my 'things to do' list for this year, but thought it might be a bit too strenuous.
Looking forward to giving it a try and taking some great pics.