Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2009, 10:49

Default Walking To Cala San Vincente

Hi,

We are visiting Puerto Pollensa for a week on Tuesday - the last time we were in Majorca was 30 years ago, so we are really looking forward to our visit.

Looking at Google Earth we are wondering if it is possible to walk from PP to Cala San Vincente as the pathway appears to peter out between the two resorts.

Thaks for your replies,

RobinC
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2009, 11:12
Founder

Welcome to the forum but please do 'search' the forum as there are already posts on this including:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...n-vicente.html

The walk also feastures in several walking books - see Walking Books on Majorca & on the detailed walking map 'Mallorca North' - see Maps of Majorca
Old 26-08-2009, 11:40

Hi Robin,
I'll wait with baited breath for all your replies to your question, we stayed in CSV every year from the age of 5 until i was an adult. I have fantastic memories of walks over the mountain from CSV to PP, lunch then a taxi back to CSV. I'm now a mother of 5 myself. We hadn't been able to afford holidays abroad for a while but we went to PP last year and back next year. all my boys are old enough to do that walk now and cant wait to drag them over the mountain and regale them with childhood tales. Paula
Old 26-08-2009, 13:07

Yes you can still walk over to CSv from PP but unless the hot weather abates you may not want to do it.
Old 26-08-2009, 16:37

Yes, its a lovely walk, but a bit more strenuous than the Boquer Valley walk, especially at the start.
Definetly not one to do in the baking hot sun - dont forget to take plenty of water and enjoy it.
You can catch the bus back to PP. thats what we did.
Old 26-08-2009, 17:29

Thanks for your replies - apologies for not finding the details of the walk on an earlier thread.

We are visiting PP for the first time in 30 years next week, for the last few years we have been in a timeshare club and have had some really good holidays, but we got fed up of the restricted places we could visit (usually the Costa Del Sol or Tenerife)

Our first holiday back on the "open market" and we thought we would revisit one of our favorite spots.

We are both fairly fit mid 50 year olds, and we hope to try the Boquer Valley walk and to walk CSV - the only thing that may stop us is the heat.

If there are any other reasonably short walks that we shouldn't miss, I would appreciate the tips. As a new visiter to PP I will aim to post a visit report on our return.

I have only been browsing this site for a couple of weeks or so but have found it very helpful, but it is making the last few days really drag as we wait for next Tuesday.

RobinC
Old 26-08-2009, 17:37

Robin well worth a look is this site Mallorca Majorca - Bird Watching - Nature - Albufera - Puerto Pollensa I recomend a walk around Alufera marshes good paths and easy walking.
s'Albufera de Mallorca, parc natural
Enjoy your stay in PP.
Old 27-08-2009, 09:55

I agree Snowy,one of my favourite places to walk. Only downside after a long hot summer is not too much birdlife to see.( of the featherd variety that is!)
Old 27-08-2009, 12:22

That would be interesting - we live on the Lancashire coast close to Martin Mere and the coastal marshesso we are just approaching the time when all the geese come in - lovely to see the streamline V shape skeins flying overhead - mind you they do make a racket!

RobinC
Old 13-03-2011, 15:23

Default RobinC Walking from P.P. to Cala San Vincente.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
Hi,

We are visiting Puerto Pollensa for a week on Tuesday - the last time we were in Majorca was 30 years ago, so we are really looking forward to our visit.

Looking at Google Earth we are wondering if it is possible to walk from PP to Cala San Vincente as the pathway appears to peter out between the two resorts.

Thaks for your replies,

RobinC
We walked this route both ways in January this year. It starts from the Avenue Roses off the Formentor Road. It is a great walk with lovely views
best wishes Gina
Old 08-06-2011, 17:59

Has anyone done the walk to CSV in the past couple of months and are there still the barking dogs at the house at the bottom? Any comments/advice would be welcome.

Thanks Joey 36
Old 08-06-2011, 18:41

Location: 39°33′06″N 002°44′20″E / 39.55167°N 2.73889°E / 39.5

Did it last month and no dogs! Bar Mallorca not open on a Wednesday - I forgot so could not enjoy my normal cana there.

Last edited by Flyer; 08-06-2011 at 20:17.
Old 08-06-2011, 19:44

After talking about doing it for last few years finally hoping to do it this year. Is the route pretty clear once you start?
Old 08-06-2011, 20:17

Location: 39°33′06″N 002°44′20″E / 39.55167°N 2.73889°E / 39.5

Not exactly clear .... if you have not done it before .... follow (stalk!) someone ahead of you and pretend you know exactly what you are doing!
Old 14-06-2011, 06:44

We did it last year and have done it several times before. There are always barking dogs when you go past the gate (which looks like it is closed but isint).

The stretch from the last house to the path between the two mountains gets a bit rocky and you feel like youve come off the path sometimes, but keep heading for the cairns (small piles of rocks piled up) and you should be OK.

Once you get to the end of the path take a right turn at the roundabout and this will lead you down into CSV.