Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/walking-cycling-golf-sports/)
-   -   Walking to CSV (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/walking-cycling-golf-sports/2941-walking-csv.html)

whaleywanderer 28-03-2008 12:04

Walking to CSV

We too love CSV and in the past have always either taken a bus or taxi there, we have heard that you can walk but have never found out how (or where). Can anybody give us directions from PP? It would be nice to do the walk for a change. Is it a gentle, moderate or tough walk?

(I've moved this last post on CSV to the walking section as there are already several posts here on walking. Hopefully someone can post with the latest situation & brief description of the route - otherwise there are some very good books at http://www.puertopollensa.com/Books2.html#walking - webmaster)

sws97sdg 28-03-2008 13:08

Hi Whaley
If you look at the thread in the walking section below you will see under cala san vincente posts about the walk, but if would be a good idea if we could have an update for this year to see if the path is still open, as I know there were issues last year.

Mariquita 01-04-2008 13:27

We walked the path on Sunday (30.03.2008) and there were no problems with access. It was open all last year too.

Directions for walk to Cala St Vicente

Start from roundabout on sea front (next to taxi rank)

Walk up main Pollensa road to the petrol station.

Just before the petrol station on the right hand side, turn into street Carrer de Cala Sant Vicenc

At the end of this street you will see the ring road.

Cross over at the pedestrian crossing and head straight into Carrer de les Roses.

This street forks at the end. Take the left fork and follow the road where it will take a sharp right hand bend and then continue straight to the end of the street.

You will see the hills ahead of you at the end of the street and the road name is repeated (Carrer de les Roses)

Turn left here and walk along the road (there is a crash barrier to your left and a wall to your right).

Take the first turning on your right. There will be a metal sign on the wall saying SILLER and there should be a wooden signpost saying Cami de Siller al Coll de Siller (if it hasn’t been taken down again).

A short way up the track there are three pathways.

Take the middle path (ignore the no entry symbols) which has a breezeblock wall on your left and a stone wall topped by wire fencing on your right.

The path leads you past a house where there are double gates open just enough for one person at a time to pass through. Ignore the Propiedad Privada Prohibido El Paso sign as this applies to vehicles only.

Follow the track up through the pass. You will join a rough wide track at the top. Follow this until you come to a massive roundabout.

Take the second path to your right on the roundabout
There is a wooden sign saying Cami del Port de Pollenca a Cala Carbo

Follow the track down into Cala St Vicente

If anyone wants to PM me I can send a Word document containing photos.

pollensa 01-04-2008 14:28

Brilliant Mariquita. Just what we needed. Thanks very much.

Webmaster :)

allanglens 01-04-2008 15:09

Walking to CSV

You can actually follow most of the path and work out the route on Google Earth. Its easier to start from CSV, and 'walk' back.

allanglens

Sharonh 01-04-2008 21:52

Mariquita

Thank you for taking the time to post such detailed directions. I might give it a go the next time we are out!

Sharon

Zurdo 02-04-2008 11:05

Hope you're a lady(bird) Mariquita 'coz your nickname is Spanish slang for something completely different ;) Great post though.

gpm 17-04-2008 00:06

Walking To Csv

HI, Great directions. but how long does it take to get there. gpm

Mariquita 17-04-2008 08:41

It depends on how fast you walk and how often you stop to take in the views, but I would allow around an hour and a half each way.

Linzzzz 21-04-2008 20:58

Thanks for posting this - I've always wanted to take this walk. I've cycled there before but will look forward to the walk next week. :cool:

lobsterpots 10-09-2008 22:44

Walk to CSV

Is this path/track still open to use?

Mariquita 11-09-2008 08:11

Yes, the path is still open. We walked over and back on Sunday.

snowy2007 18-09-2008 19:02

Please can someone confirm that the path is till open

pollensa 18-09-2008 22:05

Hi Snowy,

in the post above yours Mariquita does say that they walked it last Sunday so I'm sure it must still be. :)

Hamcas 22-09-2008 10:01

We did the walk last thursday 18/9/08 and it was quite busy, we met approx 20 people on route, got the bus back to PP after refreshments.

lobsterpots 23-09-2008 21:06

Walked there and back on 19 Sept. Met a few people en route.overall a pleasant walk with a coffee in csv.

monty perera 25-05-2009 15:08

We attempted this walk last week using a guide book I bought from the walking & trekking shop opposite the big car park and bar junior. We were walking down the farm track with elcano boat yard to our left and approaching a house straight on when we were met by 3 mini dobermans, snarling and snapping at our ankles. Then the owner of the house came out and told us in no uncertain terms to turn round and go the other way. As far as I can make out, this is the only way to CSV on foot as the other way was a dead end. In the guide book it says that this walk is so easy that you can do it with a push chair. My advice would be not to attempt this walk with any small children because of the aggressive dogs. Basically, don't attempt it at all.

pollensa 25-05-2009 20:16

We did the walk that way a few months ago & had no problems at all. We saw a group of women wearing high heels & they managed fine.

Am afraid you must have been unlucky unless you took a wrong turning. We used the Walk! Mallorca book www.puertopollensa.com/BooksWalking

GedLynne 09-06-2009 09:11

We walked across from PP and back Wed 2nd June 2009 (last week) and encountered no problems following Mariquita's excellent instructions (post #3) which we had printed and taken with us.
We would not have identified the route without these instructions at the 3 way path split.

We ended up leading 2 other couples who had both had difficulty in the area near the houses and the boatyard. They would both have either given up or had to cross private land if they hadn't tagged along with us.

My only addition to Mariquita's notes is that early on the upward track, 2 people forked left on a weaker branch path which looks to head for the lowest point of the col. This just leads to a compound from where you have to clamber a steep rough route back to the main path which goes toward the RH slope of the col.

The walk takes 1:15 to 1:30 hrs each direction and whilst Cala St V. (Molins) is lovely to visit, we stopped for a beer, a swim and sunbathe and a meal before returning.
However, the route is not overly pretty especially in the PP to CSV direction in our view.

Notices posted as you enter open ground indicate that Hunting takes place October-January Sundays 08:00-13:00 and the path should not be used at those times.

As a walk, the PP-Cala Boquer walk is much prettier. Parts of the walk are absolutely beautiful and it is all footpaths whereas much of the PP-CSV is on unsurfaced road.
Cala Boquer itself as an end point is a bit rubbish. Very small stone beach and a lot of sea-born junk. Take towel and sun kit but forget carrying beach or water toys etc.

DDD 18-08-2011 07:29

Just a little question, when the path splits 3 ways and i take the middle path, the path then splits again, which one do i take please??

wilcoxon 24-05-2013 18:43

I spotted a start point for this walk on the map, but am struggling to follow the directions.
It does seem to good alternative to the other walk .

Can anyone help with the route please.

Hmm, just spotted this. As a walk, the PP-Cala Boquer walk is much prettier. Parts of the walk are absolutely beautiful and it is all footpaths whereas much of the PP-CSV is on unsurfaced road.
Decisions , decisions .

gooseholme 17-03-2014 15:06

Walking to C S V

Can anyone let me have details of the whereabouts of the Alzinaret caves of Cala San Vicente. Will be walking across from Puerto Pollensa.
Thanks.

STOXIE 17-03-2014 18:45

WE have walked from CSV to PP many times and the view leaving CSV is spectacular. Head up out of CSV and you stay on the path until you come to a large circle (looks like a roundabout without a middle!(. Leave on the second exit-straight in front-the first left goes to a house). Simply stay on this path-bit precarious in loose shoes but ok with care-definitely not for push chairs though). Also very hot in July! Towards the end is a gate=go through it and not the opening-this does lead to a property and we had to climb a fence to get back). Hope this helps

gooseholme 20-03-2014 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by STOXIE (Post 92751)
WE have walked from CSV to PP many times and the view leaving CSV is spectacular. Head up out of CSV and you stay on the path until you come to a large circle (looks like a roundabout without a middle!(. Leave on the second exit-straight in front-the first left goes to a house). Simply stay on this path-bit precarious in loose shoes but ok with care-definitely not for push chairs though). Also very hot in July! Towards the end is a gate=go through it and not the opening-this does lead to a property and we had to climb a fence to get back). Hope this helps

Thanks very much Stoxie for your input. :)

its cd 22-05-2014 16:31

So today being a bit cloudy we decided to walk to CSV

I thought I knew the way so didn't take any instructions with us

After a few false starts we found the right road which is the one with the metal Siller sign at the start and thanks to a very helpful person a home made "walk to CSV" sign.

Interestingly at no point did we come to the half closed gate that is often mentioned

I had previously read that this was an easy walk and that people he even done it in high heels with no issues ....... Well respect to those ladies is all I can say ..... If I had worn heels I am sure I would have sprained an ankle.

The walk starts on a rough track and then after you pass a few villas it narrows and you find yourself effectively clambering up a rock strewn narrow patty that resembles the bed of a dry river stream. We only really knew we were on the right track due to some other kind souls having built little piles of rocks to mark the way. I was very pleased that at the last minute I had replaced my fitflops with trainers.

I had also read that just about anyone could do this walk, I am not so sure, in several parts the "step up" from one part of the path to another was a stride of around 700cm which is a fair stride and not within everyone's capability, especially as there is little or no vegetation either side to hang on to.

Anyway, as we are both reasonably fit we pressed on and were rewarded with a wonderful view over the port once the narrow rocky track gave way to a rough pathway at the top of the col

After that it was plain sailing ..... Over the top, past the "mad dogs" electricity sub station and then down to CSV where Bar Majorca, lunch and a nice cold beer beckoned.

Whole walk took us 2.5 hours but remember we started up near the Illa D'Or so had a fair walk just to get to the start and also took 3 false roads looking for the start and had to retrace our steps

Caught the bus back