Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2008, 21:06

Walked there and back on 19 Sept. Met a few people en route.overall a pleasant walk with a coffee in csv.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2009, 15:08

We attempted this walk last week using a guide book I bought from the walking & trekking shop opposite the big car park and bar junior. We were walking down the farm track with elcano boat yard to our left and approaching a house straight on when we were met by 3 mini dobermans, snarling and snapping at our ankles. Then the owner of the house came out and told us in no uncertain terms to turn round and go the other way. As far as I can make out, this is the only way to CSV on foot as the other way was a dead end. In the guide book it says that this walk is so easy that you can do it with a push chair. My advice would be not to attempt this walk with any small children because of the aggressive dogs. Basically, don't attempt it at all.
Old 25-05-2009, 20:16
Founder

We did the walk that way a few months ago & had no problems at all. We saw a group of women wearing high heels & they managed fine.

Am afraid you must have been unlucky unless you took a wrong turning. We used the Walk! Mallorca book www.puertopollensa.com/BooksWalking
RobnAnna likes this.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11
Under Moderation

We walked across from PP and back Wed 2nd June 2009 (last week) and encountered no problems following Mariquita's excellent instructions (post #3) which we had printed and taken with us.
We would not have identified the route without these instructions at the 3 way path split.

We ended up leading 2 other couples who had both had difficulty in the area near the houses and the boatyard. They would both have either given up or had to cross private land if they hadn't tagged along with us.

My only addition to Mariquita's notes is that early on the upward track, 2 people forked left on a weaker branch path which looks to head for the lowest point of the col. This just leads to a compound from where you have to clamber a steep rough route back to the main path which goes toward the RH slope of the col.

The walk takes 1:15 to 1:30 hrs each direction and whilst Cala St V. (Molins) is lovely to visit, we stopped for a beer, a swim and sunbathe and a meal before returning.
However, the route is not overly pretty especially in the PP to CSV direction in our view.

Notices posted as you enter open ground indicate that Hunting takes place October-January Sundays 08:00-13:00 and the path should not be used at those times.

As a walk, the PP-Cala Boquer walk is much prettier. Parts of the walk are absolutely beautiful and it is all footpaths whereas much of the PP-CSV is on unsurfaced road.
Cala Boquer itself as an end point is a bit rubbish. Very small stone beach and a lot of sea-born junk. Take towel and sun kit but forget carrying beach or water toys etc.
Old 18-08-2011, 07:29
Under Moderation

Just a little question, when the path splits 3 ways and i take the middle path, the path then splits again, which one do i take please??
Old 24-05-2013, 18:43

I spotted a start point for this walk on the map, but am struggling to follow the directions.
It does seem to good alternative to the other walk .

Can anyone help with the route please.

Hmm, just spotted this. As a walk, the PP-Cala Boquer walk is much prettier. Parts of the walk are absolutely beautiful and it is all footpaths whereas much of the PP-CSV is on unsurfaced road.
Decisions , decisions .

Last edited by wilcoxon; 24-05-2013 at 18:46.
Old 17-03-2014, 15:06

Post Walking to C S V

Can anyone let me have details of the whereabouts of the Alzinaret caves of Cala San Vicente. Will be walking across from Puerto Pollensa.
Thanks.
Old 17-03-2014, 18:45

WE have walked from CSV to PP many times and the view leaving CSV is spectacular. Head up out of CSV and you stay on the path until you come to a large circle (looks like a roundabout without a middle!(. Leave on the second exit-straight in front-the first left goes to a house). Simply stay on this path-bit precarious in loose shoes but ok with care-definitely not for push chairs though). Also very hot in July! Towards the end is a gate=go through it and not the opening-this does lead to a property and we had to climb a fence to get back). Hope this helps
RobnAnna likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOXIE View Post
WE have walked from CSV to PP many times and the view leaving CSV is spectacular. Head up out of CSV and you stay on the path until you come to a large circle (looks like a roundabout without a middle!(. Leave on the second exit-straight in front-the first left goes to a house). Simply stay on this path-bit precarious in loose shoes but ok with care-definitely not for push chairs though). Also very hot in July! Towards the end is a gate=go through it and not the opening-this does lead to a property and we had to climb a fence to get back). Hope this helps
Thanks very much Stoxie for your input.
Old 22-05-2014, 16:31

So today being a bit cloudy we decided to walk to CSV

I thought I knew the way so didn't take any instructions with us

After a few false starts we found the right road which is the one with the metal Siller sign at the start and thanks to a very helpful person a home made "walk to CSV" sign.

Interestingly at no point did we come to the half closed gate that is often mentioned

I had previously read that this was an easy walk and that people he even done it in high heels with no issues ....... Well respect to those ladies is all I can say ..... If I had worn heels I am sure I would have sprained an ankle.

The walk starts on a rough track and then after you pass a few villas it narrows and you find yourself effectively clambering up a rock strewn narrow patty that resembles the bed of a dry river stream. We only really knew we were on the right track due to some other kind souls having built little piles of rocks to mark the way. I was very pleased that at the last minute I had replaced my fitflops with trainers.

I had also read that just about anyone could do this walk, I am not so sure, in several parts the "step up" from one part of the path to another was a stride of around 700cm which is a fair stride and not within everyone's capability, especially as there is little or no vegetation either side to hang on to.

Anyway, as we are both reasonably fit we pressed on and were rewarded with a wonderful view over the port once the narrow rocky track gave way to a rough pathway at the top of the col

After that it was plain sailing ..... Over the top, past the "mad dogs" electricity sub station and then down to CSV where Bar Majorca, lunch and a nice cold beer beckoned.

Whole walk took us 2.5 hours but remember we started up near the Illa D'Or so had a fair walk just to get to the start and also took 3 false roads looking for the start and had to retrace our steps

Caught the bus back
pollensa, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.