Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-2003, 05:20
robjay

Default LLUC to PuertoPollensa

I plan to walk from LLuc to Puerto Pollensa during the week 11/10 to 18/10 this year follwing the Sunflower landscapes guide.
Has anybody got any advice for me and also I would be interested in joining any groups or anybody planning the same route during the week.
Rob Jay
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2003, 03:56
robjay

OK form an orderly que!!!!!! lol
It's only 18km walk for gods sake!
and think of the beer waiting at the end of it!!!!!
ROFLMAO
Rob
Old 06-10-2003, 17:19
Founder

Have you tried contacting any of the walk organisers featured on our Walking page? - www.puertopollensa.com/Walking.html They may be able to help.
Old 20-10-2003, 05:06
robjay

Thanks for the tip i will go there right now!. For next year lol!.
Well i did this walk in low cloud and heavy rain and enjoyed every step. I cant wait until next year and maybe i'll see the mountains!!!!!!!.
thanks
Rob
Old 15-09-2005, 18:46
robjay

Just noticed my update post is missing.
Well I did the walk again in October 2004, this time it was after climbing Puir Tomir and it was a "need to" situation (no buses by the time I got down). this time it was a beautiful sunny day and the views breathtaking. there was so much to see and the peace and quiet lead to a very chilled out Rob. I stopped at the most fantastic picnic spot with stone table and seats next to a well, the sound of birdsong and trickling water, the sun's dabbled rays on the forrest floor, a slight breeze cooling me down as I ate my "Mallorcan homemade" snacks. I have yet to eat anywhere that can match this place. The last few klicks are as before a bit of a slog along the main road (I hate walking along tarred roads) but after you leave it and join the back roads of Pollensa and run the gauntlet of the two crazy dogs in a garden ( this year I'm taking some doggie snacks with me:lol ) you'll start to see some beautiful houses and gardens. as you enter the town take a little detour to the roman bridge, then find your way into the square for a well earned drink.
Rob
Old 24-02-2006, 10:40
robjay

I walked this route again In October 2006. There were so extensive work going on to the lower part of the route (details to follow) They seem to be repairing the drystone walls and parts of the path with what looks like a detour planned (I hope).
Each time I do this walk I see more and the weather seems better. I really have enjoyed walking this route on my own. And have to think seriously at my daughters plans to join my when we are out there.
This time the dogs were now here to be seen, but because of the section that was closed I was a little bit late when I was passing the villa.
This really is a beautiful walk and I plan to try walking it in reverse (from Pollensa to LLuc) but will have to work out how long it will take me and if I will make the afternoon bus out of there. I'll let you know if I try it.
All in all it's a really nice trail but one I'd advise you study the route from a guide before attempting it.
Take care.

Robjay
Old 24-02-2006, 22:57
Snowy

rob October 2006 ahead of the game again
Old 25-02-2006, 05:00
robjay

Well done snowy! You spotted this weeks deliberate mistake:lol It's nice to know someone reads all the drivle I write roflmao.
Take care.

Robjay