Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports

Walking, Cycling, Golf, Sports A favourite with visitors to Pollensa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 16:08

Default Golf courses and fees

have friends who are thinking of coming to Majorca for a golfing week in May..I have been extolling the virues of PP.I know there is a golf course at Alcanada and have checked their website regarding fees but wondered if anyone has info on any other courses that are not too far away and also rough idea of fees ..thank you

Eating Out
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 16:26

Cath, if they are keen golfers AlCanada is a course they will enjoy as you will have seen it is not cheap but it is in a different class from the course in Pollensa.

Last edited by PP76; 04-01-2015 at 18:31.
Old 04-01-2015, 17:58

Alcanada is fantastic. Pollensa is just a 9 hole. Pollensa has such great potential but has been struggling in recent years and is now in administration but still open.
Old 18-01-2015, 19:45

Which, in the opinion of PP forum members, is the best golf course in Mallorca? Have played Alcanada which is brilliant. But is there anywhere better?
Old 17-07-2015, 16:09

Default Golf

Can anyone give advice on playing golf around PP? i know there is an 18 hole at Alcanada and a 9 hole at Pollensa. Looking for info on green fees, club and shoe hire, personal recommendations etc. Thanks.
Old 30-01-2016, 16:07

Am coming out in May with a group of golfers. We're looking to play 4 top courses. Alcanada and Son Gual are on the list. Cna anyone recommend a couple of ithers f a similar standard?
Old 30-01-2016, 17:32

Friends of mine have used this company, and have been very pleased with their service.

mallorcagolfholidays.com

Molt

Last edited by Sparky; 30-01-2016 at 17:58. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 30-01-2016, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Am coming out in May with a group of golfers. We're looking to play 4 top courses. Alcanada and Son Gual are on the list. Cna anyone recommend a couple of ithers f a similar standard?
The 2 you have named are very good indeed, I particulatly like Alcanada and have named myself after it! Son Muntaner is also well worth playing (although it is as expensive as Alcanada and Son Gual). For your fourth choice you could try any of Maioris, Canyamel, Vall D'or - they are all pretty good. Capdepera is fairly ordinary for about 11 holes but then has a spectacular finishing stretch. There are plenty of others. Whatever you choose good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old 30-01-2016, 22:15

Son Vida , in my view is very good but close to Palma.
Old 31-01-2016, 10:58

Alcanada is kept in great condition but very expensive. Capdepera is the best value for money with a good mix of holes in and out of the mountains. Son Muntaner often offers special deals including lunch and a buggy that make it comparable to capdepera. It's an enjoyable course and the caddy master is very attentive. Another course which uses the mountains to good effect, is Son Termens but it's tight and tricky if you have a high handicap.
Old 31-01-2016, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseadons View Post
Alcanada is kept in great condition but very expensive. Capdepera is the best value for money with a good mix of holes in and out of the mountains. Son Muntaner often offers special deals including lunch and a buggy that make it comparable to capdepera. It's an enjoyable course and the caddy master is very attentive. Another course which uses the mountains to good effect, is Son Termens but it's tight and tricky if you have a high handicap.
Agreed on Capdepera green fees being reasonable. I find a lot of the holes from 3 to 11 to be a little bland. But it's always been enjoyable and the clubhouse is lovely. I have never managed to get a deal at Son Muntaner, it has always been full rate when I have been there. It could be because I tend to play in October which is considered to be the golfing high season. I have always found Son Termens to be good fun and at the cheaper end of the green fee spectrum.

Astonishing to think that there are now well over 20 courses on the island!
Old 09-03-2016, 16:41

I have been bringing a group of golfers out in November for many years and agree Alcanada is hard to beat however we also go North East for a change and find both Canyamel and Pula (Darren Clarke won at Pula just before he won The Open) good courses and more reasonable price wise. We use Simply Mallorca Golf where Mark and Tracy look after us very well......
Old 09-03-2016, 18:19

We played at Pollensa Golf on Monday - got quite wet. It cost us 90 euros for 9 holes and 2 hand trolleys. The greens are fast but a bit patchy and inconsistent. With some investment this would be a great little course but at 90 euros it was a little steep. Our advice would be to go on the driving range and then have a wander to check out the greens. We normally play in Yorkshire so we may be misjudging.