Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Using the Pollensa Forum

Using the Pollensa Forum Please use this Forum to discuss using the forum ONLY.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-2010, 12:31

Default thanks

thankyou everyone for the warm wecome to this site, we have visited PP several times staying at the Dana and Romantica, even when we have stayed outside PP we always visit as it is a must on our list,we are recently retired and live in cheshire.It is the first time we have visited in Sept. and hope the weather is still good? On our return we shall post our comments on the overall holiday.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 12:34

Default Thanks.

Hola Sparky. I am so happy i've found your web forum. Your weather updates make me feel closer to my dream of heaven, Pollensa.

I can't wait to get back in May. Only 1 week then but we will be back again in September for 3 lovely long weeks. Would rather it could be for longer but have to earn the pounds to be able to keep coming back.

So regards yo you and keep up your good work for us exiled PP people.
Old 10-02-2011, 13:29
Super Moderator

Gilly thanks for your kind words but can i just point out that this website and forum is owned and run by "Pollensa", i am lucky enough to live here in PP and be able to help out with the running of the forum.
We all have "Pollensa" to thank for providing us with this excellent site.
Old 10-02-2011, 18:46

I just want to echo Gilly's appreciation. We're making our first trip to Mallorca in April. We usually have walking holidays in the Lakes or Scotland, or else do sight-seeing trips to cities. It's my son's 18th birthday soon and he wanted a quiet villa with a pool in the sun for his present, to prepare for exams. I'm trying to keep every base covered to ensure we all have a good time. Lurking on this forum has given me lots of helpful information and raised issues I wouldn't otherwise have considered, so thanks to all contributors for that.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:13
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Lucien i am so glad that you are finding the board useful and hope you have a great holiday here but be aware, if you get bitten by the PP bug you will want to keep coming back.
Old 11-02-2011, 13:13

Cheers, sparky. Yes - we opted for Mallorca on the recommendation of a work colleague, who was bitten years ago. We can't wait - seven weeks tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 18:00

Smile great site

The site is great, it provides so much usefull information. Would like to add my thanks to everyone involved. My only problem is I'm pretty much a computer illiterate, so please forgive any errors.
Also we [ me and Anne my wife] will be visiting PP in May [2nd] for three weeks.
We used to visit every year in the 90's Sometimes lucky enough to visit more than once a year. It's been five years or more since we were last there. We know things will have changed but we cant wait to see the place.
We are staying in Loto apartments and anyone from the forum who fancies a beer or two just let us know.

Tommo
Keep up the good work Sparky
Old 11-02-2011, 19:09

Hello Tommo. Welcome to the site.
I think many have learnt from this forum in so many different areas. There is always someone who has an experience to share or can help out with a problem or idea. There are many forum members who all have their own experiences of Pollensa and it is great that they are prepared to share them with us. A club is only as good as its members and this one is lucky to have many nice people with one thing in common - that being Pollensa.
Old 12-02-2011, 00:25
Super Moderator

And of course the forum which "Pollensa, aka Zelda" pays for is free to all members, all though i and others i know would willingly contribute for this great web site .
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20
Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And of course the forum which "Pollensa, aka Zelda" pays for is free to all members, all though i and others i know would willingly contribute for this great web site .
The actual cost of running a website is very low especially compared to the cost of running a company. That is why so many people own websites nowdays and why online shopping has taken off. My brother owns and runs 12 very well known business sites. Sites such as this have a lot of advertising on them and you only have to look at the rates to work out the sums. Also this site seems to work on a payment link. Everytime someone clicks on a link and follows through to a third party or buys from third party I.e. Hoppa or car hire as examples then money is paid to the website owner.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25
Under Moderation

Also of course the forum members are sending people to various links all the time so it very much pays for itself. Without the forum members hits would go down significally as many just come on the site to visit the forum. Many websites now have engaged software to run a forum for this reason.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:00
Super Moderator

Kym i think Pollensa might well disagree with you, you may find this interesting as it explains how this web site was set up and how it gets it's income.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...hump-shop.html
Old 12-02-2011, 11:08
Under Moderation

I was responding to your comment Sparky. I was pointing out that indirectly income is generated by those using the forum and upping the numbers and directing to links where payment is made.
This is how most sites opperate and I'm sure this one is no different. Just facts that's all. This like most sites is a business and therefore should be producing revenue. That's fine nothing wrong with that. Every business on this site pays either an advertising fee including all those who rent out properties, restaurants etc etc plus any link produces revenue too. What is there to disagree with here? These are just facts of running a website business. That's all.