Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Using the Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/using-pollensa-forum/)
-   -   Profile Pics (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/using-pollensa-forum/6063-profile-pics.html)

susiejb 30-05-2010 20:21

Profile Pics

Profile Pics.

It would be nice if those members who dont mind being recognized would post a profile pic. Or does everyone on here like to remain incognito :cool:

Gommar Goffer 31-05-2010 00:56

susie - I have a great "avatar" - check it out on my profile - but for some reason it does not appear on my posts

El Gordo 31-05-2010 08:26

Nice one GG

I assure you I dont look like mine!!:D

susiejb 31-05-2010 11:07

Hi GG - Yes I love the avatar......at least I shall recognize one person. :)

pollensa 31-05-2010 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 44492)
susie - I have a great "avatar" - check it out on my profile - but for some reason it does not appear on my posts

Actually you can have 2 sorts of images:

To edit these click on 'User CP' (User Control Panel) (link at top of page)

1. Profile Picture - this is ideally a photo of yourself & can only be seen when someone clicks on your userid - click on 'pollensa' & you'll see mine :o

Profile pictures are small pictures of yourself, which are displayed within your user profile. The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (so resize using a photo program if you need to).

2. Avatar - Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post. The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

So do post photos of yourself which can only be viewed by members who click on your profile & then maybe we'll recognise each other in PP! :)

susiejb 31-05-2010 16:12

Thank you for that Pollensa.....lovely pic by the way :)

FloraFluff 15-06-2010 14:15

Help . . . Ayudarme! (showing off)

Can anyone tell me how to add a photo to my profile? I realise it's probably on the forum somewhere but I can't see it and my computer whizz kid (daughter) is in South Africa at the moment so I can't get her to do it for me.

:confused:

pollensa 15-06-2010 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloraFluff (Post 45345)
Can anyone tell me how to add a photo to my profile?

The instructions are in this thread (2 posts above yours). You need to have the appropriate size photo already on your computer & decide whether it is an avatar or profile picture you want. See the explanations above.

There is also more info in the FAQ - see Pollensa Forum - FAQ: User Profile Features

FloraFluff 16-06-2010 09:00

Thank you pollensa. Heck, 2 post's above mine . . Can't believe I didn't see that!

I can only say in my defence . . . Told ya all I'm a dumbo!

When it comes to talking on a forum I promise to read everything in future before jumping in and posting . . .Sorry everyone:rolleyes:

Belladonna 16-06-2010 09:22

Don't worry about it at all! We all do it, and posts can go so fast on some threads that you miss the answer whilst replying to somethinig else anyway! Someone will always answer if they can.;)

FloraFluff 16-06-2010 09:26

I don't know if I've done it right but I've just added my profile picture. It's me sitting one of my favourite places in PP. This was taken in May this year when we were last there, (only 2 weeks ago) I was a bit shy about telling anyone I was there because I don't know anyone yet however the lure of Pollensa when I come home is so strong that i've just had to make contact with you all instead of just reading PP news.

We're hoping to come back in September for just a week this time so maybe we can get to see some of you then.:)

Belladonna 16-06-2010 09:32

Well done flora, yes it's come out fine. Perhaps a little bit far away for you to be recognised - but that may just be my eyes! At least you know how to do it now and can update when you feel like it.

Gommar Goffer 16-06-2010 10:01

Well done Flora - now if you want it to appear on each of your posts you just have to add it as your Avatar.

In your profile page go to 'Edit Avatar' on the left hand side of the page and add the photo as you did for your profile :cool:

sandy 19-06-2010 08:52

Just found out that lots of members on here think I'm 58, blond, and very nice (thanks Debz and Chelseadons!). I've now added my Profile Pic, so you can all see that I'm definitely not 58, not blond, and according to my husband, not nice !

Sparky 19-06-2010 08:58

I can vouch for that Sandy ;);).