Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Using the Pollensa Forum

Using the Pollensa Forum Please use this Forum to discuss using the forum ONLY.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 17:11

Default Question to the admins, and other users. Please give your opinion.

Could you all please give your opinion on this please.

I understand that this site has paying customers that advertise there bars, restaurants, estate agents, etc. And that is how this site makes it money.

But if someone writes a review on a restaurant which they have recently visited, and have a genuine criticism to make about it. Is this permitted if they know the owner or people that work there?

I know the owner of the Ivy Garden, La Piazza and many other restaurants that I have written a review on, is this classed as publicity or a review of a customer?

If it is classed as publicity, then obviously it is wrong, as there are people paying to advertise there businesses on the website. And that would not be fair.

But if it is classed as a review (like thousands of others people on this website) then what is the problem? Even if the person writing the comment does know the owner of the restaurant?

Basically, I wrote a post on a new restaurant which I have recently visited, and the post gets deleted as I know the owner of the restaurant. I do not work there, or receive any money for advertising it. I am a customer there like every one ells, who is writing a genuine review.

Could someone please clarify this for me. I cannot find anything which explains this on the forum rules.

I am not disagreeing here by any means.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2008, 17:28
Super Moderator

Hi PPMaf, i have posted quite a few reviews and have stated in them that i know the owners. These reviews have not been deleted nor those of just about everyone else, i can only assume that Pollensa has very good reasons for deleting yours. Regards Sparky.
Old 06-08-2008, 17:35

Hey Sparky,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right, like you I have written amny reviews on restaurants which I know people that work there, etc.

I dont know why it was deleted, Pollensa does know that I am friends with the owner, and it is obviously seen as publicity... when really its just a harmless review.

Thanks,

PPmaf
Old 06-08-2008, 17:51
Super Moderator

PPMaf, you say you do not know why Polensa deleted your post, may i suggest that you ask her for a reason via personal message. She is a very fair person and as i said she must have a very good reason for doing this. I really think you should sort this out privately.
Old 06-08-2008, 17:53
Founder

As this discussion is now unfortunately in the public domain, which is not where it belongs, I will respond and then close this post. I have already responded to PPmafioso by PM but he chooses not accept my reasons.

A short while ago ppmafioso contacted me and asked me best way to promote a new restaurant that was being opened by his father. I advised that we would be happy to take an advert on the main site and in addition would announce the launch on this forum along with a link to the advert.

We have not yet had any contact regarding this advert.

Today there were two posts on this forum regarding this restaurant. One a 'review' from ppmafioso and one an announcement about its opening from another new member, who is I believe someone else connected with the restaurant.

Both of these posts were removed as they cannot be viewed as being independent and unbiased.
Closed Thread