Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Using the Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/using-pollensa-forum/)
-   -   Welcome to the NEW Forum!! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/using-pollensa-forum/2817-welcome-new-forum.html)

pollensa 11-02-2008 20:17

Welcome to the NEW Forum!!

Dear all,

we have now moved from ezBoard.

As far as I can tell all posts have been moved over. However the times are out by 8 hours as Freddie, who did the import for us, is 8 hours behind us in the States.

First of all, please Register on this forum using the same userid that you had on ezBoard. I will then be able to associate your old posts with your new Member name (but this may take a while).

There are a few differences between ezBoard & vBulletin (which this board runs under) both for Members & for Admin - so do bear with me.

If you need Help, first of all look in the FAQ (listed above) & then if you cannot find what you are looking for, please post in this forum section - devoted to using the new forum.

So thank you for coming back & enjoy this Forum,

Best Wishes

Zelda (webmaster):)

allanglens 11-02-2008 22:05

Well, it looks good so far. A couple of teething problems to log in, but got there in the end.

allanglens

JH02JLH 11-02-2008 22:14

It looks good to me, too!

I like vBulletin - I've used it before and I think it's very straightforward.

Jane:)

favie 11-02-2008 22:55

The New Pollensa Forum

Success at last!! ( After a couple of attempts!!) Although I have been a member for only a short time, I have enjoyed reading all the posts for a few years now and and liked the old forum I am a creature of habit and generally hate CHANGE but this could be good! Hope the change goes well.

CathB 11-02-2008 23:19

Well have managed to register but not using the same user name as it needed more than 3 characters..but not to worry :)

Sharonh 11-02-2008 23:25

The new forum looks good. It was very easy to register.

Well done Zelda and thank you.

PP76 12-02-2008 00:25

Good luck with the new forum, it looks good and so far easy to use.

PP76

its cd 12-02-2008 00:30

I'm in

yipee I have managed to register

Completely painless

A new era

Do you like my new avator - its n old painting of PP I found

mallorcaboy 12-02-2008 07:44

New Forum

At my age I fear all change. :(

SENOR CIGAR 12-02-2008 09:25

New Forum

I hope the smoking ban has not extended to the new forum!
The Senor.

spudbag 12-02-2008 10:50

Oooh that was smooth and painless - good choice Pollensa. And a good time to thank you for your continued hard work to keep this site going.

Hope PP looks as new and shiny in June.

debz1 12-02-2008 11:02

I'm in at last!!! Had a few problems trying late last night but it was easy this morning.

Well done pollensa and good luck with the new look forum!

Debs

snowy2007 12-02-2008 13:50

Yes good luck

Belladonna 12-02-2008 15:53

Not too bad! But cant download aviator yet although same as TB site, will keep trying! OOOH it came up!! (Smily icon - where are they?)
Ok, getting a little confused whilst looking through everyting. Appreciate that we have LOTS of back messages from years ago still on, but I cannot find a way of showing message read again - Im clearly missing something and need to be told rather than press every button going!!_

Puertokid 12-02-2008 15:53

The New Pollensa Forum

The new Pollensa forum looks good, well done Zelda. :)

pollensa 12-02-2008 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 18493)
Appreciate that we have LOTS of back messages from years ago still on, but I cannot find a way of showing message read again - Im clearly missing something and need to be told rather than press every button going!!_

If you want to mark a whole forum as 'Read', go back to the Front Page of the forum & double-click on the icon to the left of the Forum name. It looks like a pin board with messages on it. When it shows 2 messages, that means there are 'unread' messages.

If you 'read' a message, I think it eventually marks it as 'Read' - better than ezBoard. Or you can click on the pull-down 'Thread Tools' just above the post.

When you first vist the forum each day, a good one to select is 'New Posts' listed at the top as it shows all new posts since you last visited.

There's also Forum Tools at the top of each Forum & on the home page 'Mark Forums Read' at the bottom.

Hope that helps!:)

Red Robbo 12-02-2008 16:43

new forum

Just thought I'd join in and check everything's working ok.
Always a shock when something new comes along but have to say the new format looks bigger and brighter on my office terminal!
I take it members will still be earning stars for their contributions!? I've been stuck on one star for ages!
Best wishes.
Red Robbo

pollensa 12-02-2008 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Robbo (Post 18496)
I take it members will still be earning stars for their contributions!? I've been stuck on one star for ages!

Yes members still get 'User Titles' depending on their contributions. At the moment some users haven't yet had their old posts linked with their new account. When I've done this it shows the total number of posts & then I have to 'Update User Titles' to show your '*'s.

So if your new member name is NOT the same as your ezboard one, please send me a Message.

& Glad you like the new Forum!:)

marcusb1 12-02-2008 18:01

New Site

Got in v. easy good job and good luck

favie 12-02-2008 20:20

Can I just say I am loving the new forum - as Red Robbo says it is always a bit of a shock when something new comes along, especially for someone like me - a bit slow on the uptake when it come to computer "things"!!! Lots of new and improved elements to it - loving the calender and all the details you have entered - will be good for booking future holiday dates. While I am at it, can I just say thankyou for my two stars as a comparitive newbie I didn't know what all the stars were about!!!! It puts me in mind of my school days - love it!! Thanks for all your hard work. Favie

favie 12-02-2008 20:24

Can I just say I am loving the new forum - as Red Robbo says it is always a bit of a shock when something new comes along, especially for someone like me - a bit slow on the uptake when it come to computer "things"!!! Lots of new and improved elements to it - loving the calender and all the details you have entered - will be good for booking future holiday dates. While I am at it, can I just say thankyou for my two stars as a comparitive newbie I didn't know what all the stars were about!!!! It puts me in mind of my school days - love it!! Thanks for all your hard work. Favie

favie 12-02-2008 20:42

Managed to post same message twice - told you what I was like!!!!

sandradee 12-02-2008 21:46

Managed to get my act together and post at long last - been visiting PP for 4 years on the trot (twice a year at least) - first went over 20 years. Stlll love it, my second home.

great info on the forum

Sandradee

Belladonna 12-02-2008 22:30

Oh i just cant get the hang on all this! I cant work out what all the different coloured envelopes are for; some opened, some not, some with arrows on them, the note pads I do get but not the rest. They dont seem to coincide with what I have already read or not. :confused:

pollensa 12-02-2008 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 18510)
I cant work out what all the different coloured envelopes are for; some opened, some not, some with arrows on them, the note pads I do get but not the rest.

If you look down at the bottom of the page where they appear, you'll see the 'legend' explaining what they all mean. When I get time, I may try out some different icons but for the moment, lets just get everybody registered & posting again...

Belladonna 13-02-2008 12:49

Thanks. Noticed them as soon as I had posted question, sorry. This will probably be the same, but I cant seem to find where you check in for the chat room! Im sure its as plain as day but for the moment Im blind to it!:cool:::confused:

jiggggy 13-02-2008 17:44

Hmmmmmm, I cant find the Chat room either!:eek:::confused:

Belladonna 13-02-2008 18:03

No! Surely they are not trying to ban us from talking! Its got to be a secret room that we all have to hunt for, bet Pollensa finds it first!:rolleyes:

pollensa 13-02-2008 18:52

I am afraid that vBulletin does not have a chat room. But you do have the new all singing one at the Tapas Bar http://thetapasbar18493.yuku.com/

There may well be an add-on for the vBulletin software that I can investigate in the future.

However the purpose of the Pollensa Forum has always been to provide information that is viewable by everyone about the Pollensa area of Mallorca.:)

Belladonna 13-02-2008 21:11

I think thats a real shame, something lost there then.:( Im sure we will get used to switching if we want to chat though - in time!:o

JH02JLH 13-02-2008 21:21

Everyone is welcome to use the Tapas Bar chatroom - you just need to register as a member if you aren't one already.

Everyone is welcome!

davvva 16-02-2008 07:47

New forum

Well done Pollensa, the place looks good. congrats are in order

davvva

Lala70w 16-02-2008 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 18495)
If you want to mark a whole forum as 'Read', go back to the Front Page of the forum & double-click on the icon to the left of the Forum name. It looks like a pin board with messages on it. When it shows 2 messages, that means there are 'unread' messages.

Hope that helps!:)

Yes it does thanks! I have only just discovered that the posts are in reverse order - i.e., new ones first. I was going to page 3 of this and looking for the new posts and seeing Jane's note from 2004! That's why I started a new thread! Donut heid! :rolleyes:

I like it - I haven't worked out how to attach anything though? And not sure why it makes me log in again when I have only just done so - sure it is just me being a twit! :confused:

graham 17-02-2008 16:59

New pollensa forum

Finally managed to register but MOST upset I seem to have reverted to newbie status!!! Where are my lovely 5 stars????????

v. grumpy.

favie 17-02-2008 17:09

The New Pollensa Forum

Hello again Graham.

Go to Pollensa's thread "Linking the Old Posts with the New" you will find instructions in how to get they stars back!!!

LK1960 25-02-2008 12:15

Pollensa Forum

I couldn't get into the discussion forum at all on Saturday (23rd Feb):( I kept getting a message about the owner's bandwidths being exceded:confused:

I've never come across this before and am assuming (probably incorrectly) that it just means the site was very busy?

JH02JLH 25-02-2008 13:50

Hi,

You weren't alone - a number of us couldn't get in. I'm not sure what the problem was but I'm glad it's now fixed...I needed my fix!

pollensa 25-02-2008 13:58

Hi all from Singapore.

Am very sorry about the break in intermission as I didn't realise until someone kindly emailed me as I'm logging on every day to check emails.

Yes it has been very busy & we exceeded our allocated bandwidth which has now been upgraded so should be OK now. But I'll keep a close watch on it. Will be back in the cold UK on Thursday...:(

LK1960 25-02-2008 14:39

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I'm glad the problem's resolved as I too need my daily fix! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

LK

Portofan 25-02-2008 15:19

The New Pollensa Forum

Hi Webmaster!

Thanks for arranging the upgrade. Oh dear, there were a lot of unhappy bunnies on Saturday!:mad:

Singapore huh!:cool:

Go and treat yourself to a Singapore Gin Sling in the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel!:p

Enjoy!:)