Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Using the Pollensa Forum

Using the Pollensa Forum Please use this Forum to discuss using the forum ONLY.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2005, 04:24
robjay

Default Re: Music

Well Debz I guess we'll have to settle for second best Madonna it'll have to be. What was the track again? was it Holiday?:rollin :rollin :rollin .
Can you hum that song again and I'll read the words as you hum the tune?.

I heard that the Mayor of Pollensa:smokin had a meeting with the Mayor Of Puerto Pollensa:hat ( funny how the Mayor of Puerto Pollensa looks like a certain member of our forum) a few years back about the sound of cats getting pulled through a mangle back-wards that seemed to be coming from PP every night.:eek :eek :eek So the mayor thought long and hard about the problem8o , he asked around the town :rolleyes :eek >: 8) :x :smokin |I 8o :b :lol :| >D 0] :rollin :evil :\ ( hang on what's the Mayor of Pollensa doing in PP?) to see if the townsfolk knew anything about these cats, in fact there were no cats missing:eek :eek ::eek . So where was that sound coming from????.
Then one night there was a power cut and strangely no cats got mangled that night :eek . was it an electric mangle?. Another thing happened that night. All the Karaoke machines blew up:eek :eek :eek . To this day the Mayor has got a clue as to what happened to the PP cat mangler the night of the power cut.

Take care Debz and mind the cat on the way out:rollin :rollin :rollin
Rob
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2005, 05:51

Hi Rob!!

A-ha were a Swedish band I think. Lead singer was gorgeous then (maybe not now) and had longish floppy brown hair and the most amazng blue eyes.

It was a long time ago!!

And you at Primary School!! Well, fancy that!!

Probably why you've never heard of them - far too young.

Regards
Jane
Old 18-06-2005, 06:42

Default Music

Miaooow..No Rob not holidayyyy.. but that is a good one It was La Isla Bonita...Last night I dreamt of San Pedro miaoow it all seemed like yesterday not far away la la li la miaoow

Sorry gotta go ..I need to be let out!
Old 20-06-2005, 05:33
robjay

Debz,
I do hope you know I was only pulling your leg.
If I offend anybody on here please let me know.
Rob xxx
Old 20-06-2005, 05:54

Hi Rob

I was joking you didn't offend me at all I thought your reply was funny...and very accurate!!

Thought of another track for The Ultimate PP Collection Cd.. Gypsy King's Bom ba Le O. Really cheesy I know but it does get you in a hoilday mood.

Been looking on Avon web site for green skin so soft. I think I bought some a while ago and if it's the same one I'd rather be bitten ..the smell was yukky:\ I'll just have to keep on zapping!

Debs
Old 20-06-2005, 06:09
robjay

Debz I'm Glad you know I'm joking.
As for your click it. I'm buying one just to use at Pollensa market!. I'll clear folks out my way .
Take care.
Rob
Old 20-06-2005, 19:25

La Isla Bonita by Madonna-- Good one, Debz1 :-)
Old 20-06-2005, 20:41
cambusall

Smiddy,
I do live near by & I actually met you in PP a couple of years back when my friend & yours Tommy G asked me to track you down. Thanks for the Apollo list I will look it up & try & remember all the gigs I attended there. Also The Eagles Greatest Hits CD is one I take on holiday every year. Great to listen to in morning on the beach at the Pine Walk.
Regards
Cambusall
Old 21-06-2005, 01:37
smiddy

Cambusall, Yes, i'ts a small world, i remember the day you tracked me down (just as well i wasn't on the run from the law):lol

I know the thread is about music for Pollensa, but my favourite memories are the nights of music IN Pollensa. I'm refering to the importu beach parties we held at the start of Pine Walk. Some wonderful memories, musicians and singers. It was a case of bring your guitar, a bottle of wine and away you went. Unfortunately, most of the guys/gals will arrive after we have left so i'll miss it this year. People would always stop and listen for a while, some would venture over and give us a song, i remember one guy asking if any of us were professionals , one guy even went and got his wife out of bed to come and have a listen. Ah the memories, Hotel California, Mack the Knife, Danny Boy to name but a few.
Old 21-06-2005, 02:28

Hi Smiddy

We used to stay at 35 Voramar on Pine Walk and many a night we would hear the singing..especially remember Hotel California Me and my girls joined in... as Rob knows I am the karaoke queen
We now have an apartment in Pinaret but still regularly 'paseo' along Pine Walk so will listen out for you!

Debs:rollin
Old 21-06-2005, 03:02
robjay

You two make me wish we were there right now. Right now I am trying hard to track down some of these songs.
I will burn as many as I can as a "normal" CD. If you like I'll write out the final play list and you can have a copy too:rollin .
Don't stop these tracks and memories. I for one am loving it!.
Keep them Coming.
Rob & Caroline
Old 22-06-2005, 20:16
tresspass5

Rob i have two more ideas for you,both totally different,there was an album years ago in the nineties by the Lightening seeds called Jollification,track called Marvellous,makes you want to dance around,completely different,but so wonderful,Summertime by Ella fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong,that is definately an 'Aint life wonderful' song.
Tresspass5
Old 22-06-2005, 20:33
PennyWhite

So when will this CD be available???
Old 23-06-2005, 01:05
robjay

Don't know the first track but love the second.
Penny do you want a copy?.
Take care
Rob
Old 23-06-2005, 03:21
PennyWhite

yes please!
Closed Thread