Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 6 Post By roig cat
  • 5 Post By Mark
  • 2 Post By roig cat

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-2012, 21:03

Default Mallorca Farmhouses HELLLLP

I booked a Villa with Mallorca Farmhouses for April 2013 and now it's advertised with Villa Parade and my dates are listed as available! The property is still listed with MFH but says "sold out" for the whole year.

MFH have not contacted me at all and VP are closed until Monday (The booking people couldnt help) has this happened to anyone before?
Sponsored Links
Old 30-11-2012, 23:06

I suggest phoning Villa Parade, their office is open Saturday and Sunday.

Contact details here

Good luck

My FlickR Photos
Old 30-11-2012, 23:45

I think your first contact should be with the people you have booked with. Have you paid a deposit? Sometimes these rental companies can 'buy' up the rental season or part of it. I wouldn't worry too much about Villa Parade as their site might not be up to date. If MFH are listing fully booked then hopefully that includes your booking. Your contact is with them as you have booked via them. I suggest if your emails haven't been answered then you should phone them. Whatever and especially if a deposit has been paid, you need confirmation in writing of your booking.
I do know that MFH have been In operation for a while and seem to have a good reputation. Good luck and I hope all works out.

Last edited by eleanor; 30-11-2012 at 23:49.
Old 30-11-2012, 23:52

Mallorca farmhouses is open on saturdays according to their contact page so best phone them as well if thats who you booked with.

Hope you get it sorted out before someone else books it on villaparade.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:41

Thanks all, I'll try MFH this morning and let you know what happens.
I did a dummy booking on VP and it let me go all the way to making a payment. VP have the villa as available all season but I know many of the weeks were booked as I kept having a little look on the MFH website!
Old 01-12-2012, 21:06

We once booked a villa through MFH but it too was double booked so they put us in another one
The problem was MFH booked through Portvil in CSV as the main agent and MFH and other companies went through them. MFH were apologetic but that was it. The following year we booked direct with Portvil.
I hope you get sorted out.
Old 01-12-2012, 22:49

A good reason to think about renting directly with the owner. There can be little confusion plus a relationship is built between owner and renter. There are many great properties available on this site - why use an agent? Probably cheaper too!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:42

I usually book direct with the owner, I am doing that in July and October, but this villa was just what we were looking for and a good price. (VP are selling it for £250 per week more than we paid for our dates in April).

VP have said it's exclusive to them and they will advertise my week! I dont want any other MFH property so I expect I'll take a refund AND never use MFH again, having said that MFH told me they would phone me back, I've been waiting since 9.30 yesterday!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:03

Just not good is it? You have done all the right things and can do without this stress I'm sure! Hope you manage to sort it and get what you want.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:24

It's a good job that Roig cat had checked on villa parade as what would have happened when they arrived on holiday to find that someone else was in the villa already as two companies had taken bookings, nightmare really
eleanor likes this.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:59

All is forgiven! Having spoken to the director of MFH it appears that they have been let down by the owner. They were very professional in their attitude to all parties but reading between the lines it appears that the owners negotiated a new contract having already been in a contract with MFH. MFH have given me a very good deal on another property and I am pleased with my new deal!! All's well that ends well.
pollensa, Sparky, Lorenzo and 3 others like this.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:23
Super Moderator

I am so glad you have got it sorted out but it is very naughty of the owners and goes to show that they are not all honourable people.........good and bad everywhere i suppose .
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43

Brilliant

We once booked with Mallorca Farm houses and all was very good !

(except we arrived in the dark on a very late flight and opened the wrong gate, drove along a tree lined stony gravel drive and arrived at someone else's villa at about 01:30 AM... )
pollensa, Sparky, lollipop and 2 others like this.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11

Then the villa you booked was called Demana?! Probably VP offered more money and the greedy owner took it. This villa had been with MFH for years imagine the money the owner had made out of MFH.
Old 04-12-2012, 19:19

Yes that was the villa. The reason we booked it was because of the hot tub, tennis court, trampoline and golf putting green, my kids were very excited ("well excited" in their words!!).
However, IMO £1050 for one week in April is over priced, the extra £250 we would have paid if booked with VP would have meant no weekend break in November and that would never do!

We are happy with our new choice, it has a Play Station 3, so some compensation for the girls. No drinking wine in the hot tub though!

Interestingly, we drove to find Demana when we were in Pollensa in November. I had been worried that the villa was on the north side of a hill and may have shade for quite a while in April; dont need to worry about that now. Also, the track leading up to it was in a bad state of repair and we had to reverse out as we were worried about grounding the car; dont need to worry about that now either!
Lorenzo and Rosie34 like this.

Last edited by roig cat; 04-12-2012 at 19:40.
Closed Thread