Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Travel Companies (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/)
-   -   Mallorca Farmhouses HELLLLP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/9550-mallorca-farmhouses-hellllp.html)

roig cat 30-11-2012 21:03

Mallorca Farmhouses HELLLLP

I booked a Villa with Mallorca Farmhouses for April 2013 and now it's advertised with Villa Parade and my dates are listed as available! The property is still listed with MFH but says "sold out" for the whole year.

MFH have not contacted me at all and VP are closed until Monday (The booking people couldnt help) has this happened to anyone before? :confused:

El Gordo 30-11-2012 23:06

I suggest phoning Villa Parade, their office is open Saturday and Sunday.

Contact details here

Good luck

eleanor 30-11-2012 23:45

I think your first contact should be with the people you have booked with. Have you paid a deposit? Sometimes these rental companies can 'buy' up the rental season or part of it. I wouldn't worry too much about Villa Parade as their site might not be up to date. If MFH are listing fully booked then hopefully that includes your booking. Your contact is with them as you have booked via them. I suggest if your emails haven't been answered then you should phone them. Whatever and especially if a deposit has been paid, you need confirmation in writing of your booking.
I do know that MFH have been In operation for a while and seem to have a good reputation. Good luck and I hope all works out.

Mark 30-11-2012 23:52

Mallorca farmhouses is open on saturdays according to their contact page so best phone them as well if thats who you booked with.

Hope you get it sorted out before someone else books it on villaparade.:eek:

roig cat 01-12-2012 09:41

Thanks all, I'll try MFH this morning and let you know what happens.
I did a dummy booking on VP and it let me go all the way to making a payment. VP have the villa as available all season but I know many of the weeks were booked as I kept having a little look on the MFH website!

joelise80 01-12-2012 21:06

We once booked a villa through MFH but it too was double booked so they put us in another one :(
The problem was MFH booked through Portvil in CSV as the main agent and MFH and other companies went through them. MFH were apologetic but that was it. The following year we booked direct with Portvil.
I hope you get sorted out.

eleanor 01-12-2012 22:49

A good reason to think about renting directly with the owner. There can be little confusion plus a relationship is built between owner and renter. There are many great properties available on this site - why use an agent? Probably cheaper too!

roig cat 02-12-2012 10:42

I usually book direct with the owner, I am doing that in July and October, but this villa was just what we were looking for and a good price. (VP are selling it for £250 per week more than we paid for our dates in April).

VP have said it's exclusive to them and they will advertise my week! I dont want any other MFH property so I expect I'll take a refund AND never use MFH again, having said that MFH told me they would phone me back, I've been waiting since 9.30 yesterday!

eleanor 02-12-2012 12:03

Just not good is it? You have done all the right things and can do without this stress I'm sure! Hope you manage to sort it and get what you want.

Mark 02-12-2012 12:24

It's a good job that Roig cat had checked on villa parade as what would have happened when they arrived on holiday to find that someone else was in the villa already as two companies had taken bookings, nightmare really :eek:

roig cat 03-12-2012 11:59

All is forgiven! Having spoken to the director of MFH it appears that they have been let down by the owner. They were very professional in their attitude to all parties but reading between the lines it appears that the owners negotiated a new contract having already been in a contract with MFH. MFH have given me a very good deal on another property and I am pleased with my new deal!! All's well that ends well.

Sparky 03-12-2012 12:23

I am so glad you have got it sorted out :D but it is very naughty of the owners and goes to show that they are not all honourable people.........good and bad everywhere i suppose :(.

Mark 03-12-2012 12:43

Brilliant :D

We once booked with Mallorca Farm houses and all was very good !

(except we arrived in the dark on a very late flight and opened the wrong gate, drove along a tree lined stony gravel drive and arrived at someone else's villa at about 01:30 AM... :o )

Fencer 04-12-2012 09:11

Then the villa you booked was called Demana?! Probably VP offered more money and the greedy owner took it. This villa had been with MFH for years imagine the money the owner had made out of MFH.

roig cat 04-12-2012 19:19

Yes that was the villa. The reason we booked it was because of the hot tub, tennis court, trampoline and golf putting green, my kids were very excited ("well excited":cool: in their words!!).
However, IMO £1050 for one week in April is over priced, the extra £250 we would have paid if booked with VP would have meant no weekend break in November and that would never do!

We are happy with our new choice, it has a Play Station 3, so some compensation for the girls. No drinking wine in the hot tub though!

Interestingly, we drove to find Demana when we were in Pollensa in November. I had been worried that the villa was on the north side of a hill and may have shade for quite a while in April; dont need to worry about that now. Also, the track leading up to it was in a bad state of repair and we had to reverse out as we were worried about grounding the car; dont need to worry about that now either!