Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 11:21

Totally agree Senor. Enquiries are coming in already for high season next year, so June is certainly acceptable to enquire for! All owners do try to accommodate dates, knowing that flights can be considerably cheaper when not on a weekend. You never know until you ask!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24

Hi,

Have you looked on Easyjet for flights, we have booked for next August.

I know it may sound silly but when I put dates in sometimes I forget to adjust the year the return box and it comes up with the message dates are before your outward travel?

I don't know what you budget is but you can arrange a taxi from Airport through this site cost this year was 73 euro each way and they wait in arrivals for you, door to door service. Friends have used resort hopper for bus transfer.

Post Office travel insurance is quite good, offers scheduled airline failure so if something was to go wrong you are covered for any losses.

Some great appartments on this sites, have fun looking hope you get sorted
Old 08-10-2011, 15:28

Hi everyone - thank you all for your various replies, and taking the trouble to help me.

Labore - me and the husband are travelling from Manchester, or Newcastle at a push. We prefer self-catering. We have frequently stayed at the Oro Playa, which we love the location of. It was trying to book again for next year that has caused my problem. I couldn't find a tour company that was booking for next year, except for the independent one's I hadn't heard of. This generated the original query. They really are charging considerably less than we have paid before. I have priced Easyjet flights next June, but the times are yukky, and we have a three hour journey to the airport, and have looked at an apartment on this site that I like the look of (overlooking the Oro Playa!), but that states Sat to Sat and we like a 10 day holiday. I think it's the June-bit I have to rethink. Maybe if we go earlier/later, the flight times might be better, and we go for two separate weeks. I don't know .....

btw, does the Resorthoppa operate 24 hours a day (just thinking about the flight times)?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 16:05

Try looking on Jet2 flight times maybe bit better, they also do holidays as a package so you may get your 10 nights that way.
Old 08-10-2011, 17:46

We flew with Jet2 this year, great flight times and service. Booked to fly with them again next July
Old 08-10-2011, 18:49

Default \who to Choose

If your'e considering Jet2 try Blackpool flights instead of Manchester - Blackpool is a complete doddle compared to the insanity that Manchester can be. Easy to park (and free) and no long distance to walk from the lounge to the departure/arrival gates. We've never had a long wait for baggage collection either. Jet2 only fly to Palma from Blackpool in the summer though, more's the pity
Old 08-10-2011, 20:18

Monarch are by far the best flights From Manchester

You can often get a really early flight out and an early evening flight home which maximises your time in resort.

Air quality on plane also far superior to jet2 .....

School hols are odd next year due to the double bank holiday so my advice would be to avoid early June and start looking from about 9th
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42

JAZZY-B

I have sent you a private message.

The Senor
Old 09-10-2011, 16:51

Senor - I have sent you a PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:25

I don't want to sound like a cheapskate, but with my budget I use the Money Saving Expert Flight Checker to find out which is the cheapest deal for me before I book. Usually turns out to be EasyJet....
Old 11-10-2011, 11:42
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaNadal View Post
I don't want to sound like a cheapskate, but with my budget I use the Money Saving Expert Flight Checker to find out which is the cheapest deal for me before I book. Usually turns out to be EasyJet....
Or use the skyscanner search at the top of our page: Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca - Pollensa Forum
Old 18-10-2011, 22:36

Hi Jazzy B

Sorry I've been a while in responding to your last post but I've just been over to PP for 9 days and a good time was had by all. The weather was fantastic for October !!!

Where are we up to - have you had any luck in booking anything ?

I'm a little puzzled when you mention Manchester or Newcastle as your favoured departure airport - where do you live if you don't mind me asking ?
Old 19-10-2011, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Monarch are by far the best flights From Manchester

You can often get a really early flight out and an early evening flight home which maximises your time in resort.

Air quality on plane also far superior to jet2 .....

School hols are odd next year due to the double bank holiday so my advice would be to avoid early June and start looking from about 9th
I am a very nervous flyer and we always use Monarch - early and late flights from Manchester and always find their scheduled flights good - as good as any flight can be for me - and crew wonderful. When I compare the cost of easyjet, jet2 etc there is very little difference and I am happy at the end - so that's just my input into the topic - but as always - each to his/her own happy trips to PP - Tibbles -
Old 25-10-2011, 12:07

We have just booked for next year with Monarch out of Manchester. We were originally looking at flying out of Leeds Bradford but the price with Monarch (we went for a package holiday with them) was considerably cheaper than either Thomas Cook or Jet2 and booking apartment seperately
Old 25-10-2011, 15:54

Default Flights

Hi. I have found the site 'skyscanner.net' a good one for flights, as you can type in your month of travel and they then display a sort of price fluctuation display from which you can tell when the cheapest flights are. Hope this helps.