Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 22:38

Exclamation PPHR - has anyone heard of them ?

Has anyone heard of the above ( Puerto Pollensa Holiday Rentals - PPHR ) or had any dealings with them ? I have just found out that my apartment that I only advertise through PP.com is now being advertised on that site. The pictures are exactly those I have on this site and I am feeling very frustrated I have tried calling the phone numbers but no-one answers (but that may be as it is a Sunday) and the area code is in Portsmouth. Any information would be greatfully received.
Looking back at previous threads on the forum it seems that this is getting to be a frequent occurrence and I have a freind who has experienced similar.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 22:50
Founder

Hi there,

please can you email me at advertise@puertopollensa.com with details of your property with us & the page that it is on PPHR & we will look into it. Thank you.

If you know of anyone else in a similar position, please contact us immediately.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:20

Thank you Pollensa, I have e-mailed you and contacted the other owners I know and will come back if I hear anything.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23

I only found this out whilst scanning various google threads looking for photos of the area, which then brought up various agents.
I know that if owners advertise with an agent, the likelyhood of it being advertised with other agents is pretty high, as they tend to "out source". But when a property is only advertised here I have no idea how they can possibly book it out. Time for the web police to be activated!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30

Bella I couldnīt agree more - these scoundrels want to reap benefits of everyone elseīs hard work without putting any effort in at all They still arenīt answering the phone to face my wrath....but I will not give in and now they have Pollensa on their case so we will get to the bottom of it I am sure.
I guess it is all part of living life with the web, you have to take the pros & cons, but I am still not a happy bunny
Old 11-10-2010, 11:35

If you google PPHR you will find it is a company called Panda

I think they have advertised for salespeople on this forum but I may be wrong.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:24
Founder

Do be assured that I have contacted the people concerned to resolve this.

Meanwhile I would advise owners of other rental properties, whether they advertise with us or not, to keep a look out for 'copied' adverts. Although we do post copyright notices on the site and make it difficult for photos to be downloaded we cannot stop it completely. One way that you can find out if the text of your advert is being copied is to copy and paste a sentence or a few words into the Google search bar with quotes around it e.g. "a light, airy apartment with two double bedrooms" (or maybe something more distinctive!) and see if the search results in anything interesting. I regularly do this for the description of Puerto Pollensa on our home page which I wrote several years ago. It's amazing how many pages that brings up.
Old 11-10-2010, 13:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by usandthewoof View Post
Has anyone heard of the above ( Puerto Pollensa Holiday Rentals - PPHR ) or had any dealings with them ? I have just found out that my apartment that I only advertise through PP.com is now being advertised on that site. The pictures are exactly those I have on this site and I am feeling very frustrated I have tried calling the phone numbers but no-one answers (but that may be as it is a Sunday) and the area code is in Portsmouth. Any information would be greatfully received.
Looking back at previous threads on the forum it seems that this is getting to be a frequent occurrence and I have a freind who has experienced similar.
PPHR-DIRECT aka Puerto Pollensa Holiday Rentals is very much a legitimate business and has been for several years as well Zelda knows!

To answer your query Chris - your property has been advertised on our site for some time WITH your permission - though it is obvious you have forgotten.
To refresh your memory - we met in Hell's Kitchen just after it had opened and were introduced by the (then) owner Dave who is a good friend.
Your lovely wife Debbie was due to arrive the next day (and we met up again a few days later and you introduced me).
YOU gave me permission to take the details and pics from the PP.com site otherwise we would not have done so as i know Zelda has strict rules about this.

I understand from Zelda who has been in touch, that you want us to remove the ad from our site and of course we will do so if that is your wish.

I do not understand why you were unable to contact us yesterday as our lines are open 24/7 as our many satisfied clients can testify to.

I sincerely apologise for any anxiety you have been caused but I am sure that once you refresh your memory you will see that what i have said above is correct. We would NEVER knowlingly advertise any property without the permission of the owner or their agent. We work along side some of the more well known agents in the Port such as Bellamar, BHP etc. who can tesify I am sure to our honesty and integrity as well as all the many, many people in Puerto who have known both myself & my son for over 40 years

So fellow forum friends I hope that the situation has now been clarified and that you DO NOT link our very genuine and well known and respected business with the likes of "pollensa4all.com" etc. etc.

Last edited by pollensa; 11-10-2010 at 14:07. Reason: personal comments removed
Old 11-10-2010, 13:48

Quote:
Bella I couldnīt agree more - these scoundrels want to reap benefits of everyone elseīs hard work without putting any effort in at all They still arenīt answering the phone to face my wrath....but I will not give in and now they have Pollensa on their case so we will get to the bottom of it I am sure.
I guess it is all part of living life with the web, you have to take the pros & cons, but I am still not a happy bunny
Chris - I am sitting by the side of the phone right now. In case you are not ringing the correct number here it is:- t. 0044(0)2392718118 M. 0044(0)7762910611 I would welcome your call and anyone else for that matter may call me if they have a doubt or query.
Old 11-10-2010, 14:10
Founder

Gina,

I have no intention of removing your response but I have removed several personal comments directed at myself.

I was aware of the identity of PPHR but felt it appropriate to withold it until I had got to the bottom of the matter. You have now informed me that the owners did give you permission to advertise their property and I am waiting for their confirmation on this.

However, as I have pointed out to you several times in the past any data that is uploaded on to our websites does remain our copyright by law and we do not allow it be copied elsewhere without our permission. These are not my rules but copyright law. We enforce this protection primarily as a deterrent against fraudulent websites and to protect the interests of our advertisers.

Had PPHR contacted us regarding this advert, we would have checked with the advertiser and this current incident would have been avoided. I also would have expected PPHR to have contacted the owner with a draft of the advert for their approval and to confirm that they wished to go ahead.
Old 11-10-2010, 14:13

gina39

I am sending a PM
Old 11-10-2010, 14:34
Founder

Quote:
gina39

I am sending a PM
usandthewoof ,I've passed Gina's contact details on to you by PM & will call you later today.

I'm suspending this thread for the moment so that this can be dealt with offline.
Old 11-10-2010, 17:11

Gina

I do note the comments you have made. No doubt you did indeed meet us in HK as you say, but neither Chris nor myself have any recollection of agreeing to anyone else renting our apartment on our behalf. I deal with all rentals for the apartment and have done so for the last 4 years solely through PP.com. as we are more than happy with the interest and feedback we have had from the site.

We obviously told you that we have an apartment that we rent as you know our details, but a conversation you may have had with a couple in a restaurant without any follow up meeting, or e-mail or letter to confirm an agreement to the terms and conditions of your renting the apartment does not give you authority to act. In my opinion, this is an extremely unprofessional and inappropriate way to try to drum up and run business.

There has clearly been a gross misunderstanding and as you have now arranged to remove my property from your site, I trust the matter is now closed and am sure future clients will be given full terms and conditions of how their properties will be managed.
Closed Thread