Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2010, 09:58
Under Moderation

We were that couple, thanks again for helping us. We got somewhere to stay and had a nice week.

God knows what we would have done if we had arrived on a late night flight or not been able to afford somewhere else to stay.

The people that do this are sick - my wife was 7 months pregnant, the just dont think of what this does to people..
Sponsored Links
Old 14-06-2010, 18:52

My friend and I too were scammed by SantaPonsa4all. We arrived in Santa Ponsa on the 4th June having paid £750 for an apatment, security deposit and airport transfers to discover there was no apartment, no nothing. Numerous calls went unanswered and some wouldn't even connect so having accessed the internet we realised along with other people that we had been scammed! We had to book another apartment at an additional cost and after a few days did begin to enjoy our holiday! I have reported this company to Watchdog and one of the Scottish papers to see if they will invesigate. Trading standards can't do anything as the address is only a letter box and whoever is operating this scam is operating out of Spain possibly as this is where our money went by bank transfer. We have probably kissed our money goodbye but we are determined we will do everything we can to get this person ousted! Please beware as the website is still live !
Old 14-06-2010, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
We were that couple, thanks again for helping us. We got somewhere to stay and had a nice week.

God knows what we would have done if we had arrived on a late night flight or not been able to afford somewhere else to stay.

The people that do this are sick - my wife was 7 months pregnant, the just dont think of what this does to people..
Gav these people are not sick! They are calculating thieving fraudsters who deserve to be locked up!

I don't understand why this is being allowed to continue - it is fraud and against the law -

I'm pleased you had a good week despite this and I feel so sorry for your
wife who at 7 months pregnant especially can do without this aggro!

Gaelic girl - do hope you get some redress too but not too hopeful for you. Hope enjoyed your stay in Mallorca regardless of these lowlifes.

Last edited by eleanor; 14-06-2010 at 20:55.
Old 14-06-2010, 23:18

Thanks Eleanor just hope they don't manage to scam anyone else. Gav hope your wife is ok what an ordeal at 7 months pregnant.
Allie
Old 15-06-2010, 07:37

I hope Watchdog take it up this is happening far to often now.
Old 15-06-2010, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
I hope Watchdog take it up this is happening far to often now.
It should be taken up by the police - the law is broken it is as simple as that. Perhaps the police should crawl away from their speed camaras hiding behind bushes (as could be seen near our seafront yesterday!!) and start to do something beneficial.
Fraud is fraud whether online or on the doorstep!
Old 15-06-2010, 19:05

Perish the thought that the local plod are hiding behind bushes with speed cameras.......................................they must have learned that one from our local force. Joking apart though, have these incidents been reported to them in PP, not individually but as a portfolio as it were. They might just be interested !
Old 15-06-2010, 19:29

The crime has actually taken place in the UK from what I understand so I shouldn't think the police in PP would be interested. I think money changed hands prior to anyone arriving in PP. The only connection would be them using the name of properties in Mallorca - I think! I think they are using an address based in the UK.
It should be the police in the UK who take up the matter. - someone look behind that bush!
Old 15-06-2010, 20:50

Yes Eleanor is right we were going to the Garda Civil but were told that as it was a UK address it would have to be dealt with there and they would only be able to provide you with a reference number for your complaint. As far as i understand a couple of the owners of the apartments whose details were used without their knowledge have approached the Spanish police. Can i ask anyone who has been scammed to email details into Watchdog as the more they hear from us the more they may be willing to look into this. Cheers x
Old 15-06-2010, 21:30

I'm sorry to all those that have lost money to these scam merchants. I can only imagine the heartache it caused. I hope you get some justice.

Last edited by pollensa; 17-06-2010 at 10:03. Reason: personal comments removed
Old 16-06-2010, 10:29

I did email watchdog a while ago to say about the story that has happened so far and I suppose it's true the more support we get I'm sure that the BBC will take it up.
So we shall see!
Old 16-06-2010, 13:50

I actually spoke to my niece who is a police women! She said that anyone scammed by this company needs to report to their local police and state what has happened and a number of people have been affected. If they think it is a one off they probably would not do very much due to time restraints. It may therefore be a good idea for anyone needing to report this company to supply the info on here and also I believe the Santa Ponsa forum.

Last edited by pollensa; 17-06-2010 at 10:04. Reason: personal comments removed
Old 16-06-2010, 17:59

Can any of those that used the website remember if the company displayed any kind of ABTA logos? If they did, then maybe ABTA should be made aware aswell? Not that I would suggest for one minute that they actually were members of any of these organisations, but I'm sure they would be interested.

I've asked a valuable source about which Police force would be the one to be taking this up. I've been told it is where the offence was committed, meaning if the company have based themselves in Spain, it is the Spanish Police who should be dealing with it.

Last edited by pollensa; 17-06-2010 at 10:05. Reason: personal comments removed
Old 17-06-2010, 12:07

They did have an ABTA number i'm sure but it belonged to anoher company who as far as i know am aware of whats happening
Old 17-06-2010, 12:15

The website we got scammed through was SANTA PONSA 4 ALL - YOUR DREAM HOLIDAY - Home and the address is a company called Sunny Holidays Ltd. If someone can give me the santa ponsa forum address i'm happy to post on there. The more we make this public the more hope we have of trying to find this "person"