Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2010, 15:50

I've reported it to Consumer Direct who are passing it on to Trading Standards to check out.

If I hear any more I'll let you know.

Last edited by super7; 31-03-2010 at 15:51. Reason: spell
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 16:52

There are so many reliable companies and individuals feedback on this website why be tempted by something so very suspiiousl. Its not just the money you may loose but your very valuable and irreplacable 2 weeks holiday.
Play safe - especially with the current market. Enjoy your holiday wherever you decide to book.
Old 01-04-2010, 17:04

Totally agree - well worth dealing with a company recommended or the actual individual owner of a property - there are so many to choose from you really do not need to take such a risk. Also I think it is most likely that not only will you not have a car , you wont have anywhere to stay either and more than likely lost your money too - not a grand way to start a holiday.
Old 01-04-2010, 17:18
Founder

I now have a follow-up to this as I'm pretty sure now that this is fraudulent & have reported them to Consumer Direct as well & am about to post on other forums & email their hosting company.

Basically I enquired on & have now been invoiced for an apartment for 2 weeks in Aug - the photos are of the apt that is advertised with us (but is not available) but the name he gave me was for another apt also with us & not available. When I originally enquired which block the apt was in, he actually quoted propertyIds of apts on our website e.g. a girls name (!) as opposed to the block it was in. (Sorry I don't want to give the names away).

I've twice asked for their actual office address in the UK & he hasn't answered.

So please avoid puertopollensa4all.com & mallorca4all.com !!
Old 01-04-2010, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7 View Post
Anybody used this company to book a accommodation in PP?

Been coming to PP for past 16 years. This company seem to offer reasonable prices on accommodation and (given the current climate unbelievable prices on car hire (£190 for three weeks for a Fiesta in August!?!). Company registered at Companies House in Feb. 2010 and have an address in Coventry but on the basis that "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" I'm just wondering if they're "kosher".

Some of their properties appear in Pollensa Pines and Bellamar brochures but others are'nt named and are'nt obviously identifiable (We know most rental properties in PP after all these years). Would be grateful for any feed-back.

Cheers
Brilliant, sussing out these shysters make the site worthwhile just for that alone
Old 01-04-2010, 20:50

I have been to office address today in coventry and no one wants to speak it seems that they are not in building!!!! enough said.

Gordon
Old 02-04-2010, 06:59

Well done to everyone for bringing this to people's attention and for taking the time to investigate.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:47

Just came across your comments on puertopollensa4all. I have been going to p.p. for 25 years and this company prices do seem very attractive. Does anyone have any more information on them. Doees seem to good to be true
Old 01-05-2010, 15:48
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Doees seem to good to be true
It is. Do read the posts above.
Old 01-05-2010, 15:50
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Harry, i think the previous comments say it all. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is, i would steer clear of them.
Old 02-05-2010, 20:27

Thanks for info. Interested to hear reported to consumer direct any action/developments? Important to stamp out Frauds.
Old 25-05-2010, 06:43

Any updates on this company??

Gordon
Old 25-05-2010, 09:58

Unfortunately ALL reports re this company puertopollensa4all DO seem to be true.
We received a frantic phone call last Thursday from clients who had booked one of our apartments in the past. They had booked a Pine Walk apartment with the said company and were due to fly out yesterday.

After several unsuccessful attempts to contact them re key collection etc. they finally rang me to see if I could help. Needless to say all phone numbers were 'unobtainable', emails unanswered and even the bank details were fictitous! So my friends have lost their money and no visible means of getting it back.

Luckily I was able to find them another apartment on the Pine Walk at a very reduced rate so all was not lost.
I arrived in PP yesterday with just about an hour to spare before they arrived and picked up the keys.

We all enjoyed a celebratory drink together in the early evening sun, gazing across the bay at that stunning view.
We spared a sad thought for all those other people taken in by this company who were less fortunate and unable to afford alternative accomodation.

Lesson to be learned - if it looks too good to be true - it usually is!
Old 25-05-2010, 10:10
Founder

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina39uk View Post
Unfortunately ALL reports re this company puertopollensa4all DO seem to be true.
We received a frantic phone call last Thursday from clients who had booked one of our apartments in the past. They had booked a Pine Walk apartment with the said company and were due to fly out yesterday.

After several unsuccessful attempts to contact them re key collection etc. they finally rang me to see if I could help. Needless to say all phone numbers were 'unobtainable', emails unanswered and even the bank details were fictitous! So my friends have lost their money and no visible means of getting it back.

Lesson to be learned - if it looks too good to be true - it usually is!
That's a real shame but not a surprise. Both I and someone else on this forum reported them to Trading Standards and nothing happened. Please can you ask your friends to do so as unfortunately they often won't do anything until they have proof.

The scammers were very clever this time as they used a mixture of photos taken from other sites so it was very difficult to identify them. I only managed to identify one of ours (I don't know the photos of all 300 of our properties!) and contacted the advertiser. Those photos were subsequently removed but they carried on advertising and taking people's money.

By the way, if bank details were ficticious - how did they pay?
Old 25-05-2010, 10:15

Usually by hacking into an online banking account - then transferring funds to criminals account. Various transfers get "lost" in this system, hence criminal hard to trace.