Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2009, 20:23

Default Pollensa Holidays.com

We booked our October accommodation last year with Pollensa Holidays but when we paid the balance, it appears they have changed their name to Beaches Travel Ltd. Has anybody else booked with them this year and did they have any problems? Also their admin does not seem as 'efficient' as it was.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2009, 19:06

Rosie

Did you have any problems with Pollensa Holidays? I have just booked with them but am a bit concerned with their admin arrangements and also the fact that they will not accept credit or debit cards.

If anyone has used this company please let me know

Thanks
Old 27-08-2009, 08:57

Several months ago there were posts on a company with a name similar to Pollensa holidays.com. If you do a search you will be able to read the posts, it may be a different company though.

Just checked previous posts and the company was called puertopollensa-holiday.com (sorry but don't know how to link posts).

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 27-08-2009 at 09:24.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:45
Founder

Just to confirm Beaches Travel t/a Pollensa Holidays have NOTHING to do with the scam website that was reported a few months ago. I can only report that I am not aware of any issues with Pollensa Holidays/Beaches Travel who advertise a couple of rental properties on this site.
Old 27-08-2009, 17:00

Thanks for the responses. their arrangements do seem a bit chaotic but fingers crossed everything will be okay.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira 23 View Post
Rosie

Did you have any problems with Pollensa Holidays? I have just booked with them but am a bit concerned with their admin arrangements and also the fact that they will not accept credit or debit cards.

If anyone has used this company please let me know

Thanks
Hi Keira

When I originally booked the apartment last December, I explained that due to problems a few years ago (when Open Holidays went down and had we not paid by credit card, then would have lost a lot of money), we will only pay by credit card. This was accepted, and then when the balance was due, I got an unsigned email to say they did not accept them now. I insisted due to our earlier agreement, and then they ok'd it. Last December, I was dealing with 'Douglas' who was very helpful etc but it all seems to have changed now - so hopefully it will still work out ok - we are due to go next month. When are you due to go? If we go first, I'll let you know how it was!

Regards
Rosie
Old 20-10-2009, 15:22

Hi Rosie

We travelled in September and had no problems at all - Douglas even arranged for our apartment to be ready early so we could go straight from our flight.

I've noticed since we came back that their website no longer seems to exist so hopefully everything is ok for you.
Old 20-10-2009, 16:39
Founder

Quote:
I've noticed since we came back that their website no longer seems to exist so hopefully everything is ok for you.
Don't worry they've just had some technical problems. Try www.pollensaholidays.co.uk
Old 01-11-2009, 14:41

Quote:
Hi Rosie

We travelled in September and had no problems at all - Douglas even arranged for our apartment to be ready early so we could go straight from our flight.

Hi Keira

Not been on the site recently due to family illness etc. (Mother taken ill while we were there and still not good - long story!) But yes it was absolutely fine - lovely apartment and agent was very helpful when freezer played up and toilet seat fell off!!! I'll do my restaurant 'report' asap - but will struggle to remember the details now!!