Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Travel Companies (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/)
-   -   Villas in Pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/4988-villas-pollensa.html)

stephy777 23-07-2009 15:33

Villas in Pollensa

Hi there,
i was wondering if anyone could tell me their experiences of Villa Plus? Me and my boyfriend are looking to book a villa in Pollensa for June 2010 for a week and have been looking at all the differnt companies (so far 3) and one of them being Villa Plus.
we have also seen a company called Sealand Villas and looked on the Owners Direct site but we wanted a private swimming pool and preferabley to be closer to Pollensa old town (maybe a mile or mile and a half at most) to walk in if we want.
Would really appreciate any advice,

Many Thanks :)

JH02JLH 23-07-2009 15:52

Hello and welcome to the forum!

We've used Villa Plus twice and they are a great company. The villas tend to have a lot of extras (hence the name!) such as air-conditioning, playstations, pool table, table tennis, safes and good kitchen equipment. We even noticed in our villa last year that they had carbon monoxide alarms which was very reassuring.

I would definitely use them again and we were on the brink of booking a villa in Cala San Vicente with them last week, but changed our mind at the last minute! They are not the cheapest of companies to travel with, but you pays your money, you gets your choice, as they say, and I thought the extra was worth paying.

Booking was easy and straightforward, directions were good and helpful and once you're in the villa, the resort representatives were there if we had a problem.

Hope this helps,
Jane:)

eleanor 23-07-2009 16:00

Hi Stephy

Why not take a look at this site and arrange directly your rental with villa owners? This is how Owners Direct works too. Both very good as you can build a relationship with the owner and have a good 'feel' for the villa before booking. You send an email showing your interest and it is passed on to the owner for reply. There are good priced flights available at the moment too so you may find you save a lot of money by not going through a middleman.
Good luck and have a good holiday.
Eleanor

sws97sdg 23-07-2009 16:19

We use MFH, they advertise on this site, they have some like you are looking for, the one we go to is 10 mins walk to the old town square, has a private pool, and is only for 3 people so may work out cheaper for you, I wont tell you which one yet, I dont wont any uninvited guest this weekend!!

andyandfay 23-07-2009 17:27

Hi there,
We have used Sealand Villas many times and have always found their properties to be excellent,good service aswell,not the cheapest but as Jane mentioned ,you get what you pay for...
Hope this helps

Andy

Wacker2611 23-07-2009 17:53

A couple of years ago, we booked a villa direct with the owner of the Son Sant Jordi Hotel in Pollensa. (just google son sant jordi). He owns about 3 and the place was fantastic, lovely pool, gardens etc - quite a long walk into town but just gorgeous countryside to walk through on a sunny evening. It wasnt that expensive either.

smg 24-07-2009 00:45

we used villa plus this year in pp
nothing was too much trouble - although the iron was bust, & sat tv wouldn't get itv on the day of the champions league final, they sorted everything out in double quick time

not the cheapest but a lovely villa

some other cos were discounting heavily even for 1/2 term week, but there have been other threads about taking a chance on a late booking for next year

kcdc230 24-07-2009 17:00

We have used Sealand Villas twice in the past and are using them for the 3rd time a week tomorrow (can't wait!!). Initially they do look expensive, but we have found them to be very reasonably priced - when we were pricing up this years holiday, it worked out cheaper for us to go with Sealand (who include a hire car in the price of the villa) and sort out our own flights, than it did to go with the villa part of Cosmos.

And because they are a small local company, the staff (both in the UK and PP) are all very helpful and extremely friendly, and know all of their villas well so it is easy to ask lots of questions and get sensible answers when deciding which one to book.

kcdc230 18-08-2009 13:55

Well, we're back now from our week in PP and our third villa from Sealand, and I am happy to report that it was as good as the others we have stayed at. Fantastic location behind Pollensa old town, very clean villa and grounds, and lovely private pool. Once again, I would not hesitate to recommend Sealand Villas to anyone wanting a private villa with pool in a secluded area.