Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Travel Companies (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/)
-   -   First Choice (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/4982-first-choice.html)

SummerSun 21-07-2009 15:49

First Choice

We duly arrived at Palma airport after a 2hour 50 minute flight from Aberdeen. On collecting our cases we had to go looking for the First Choice Rep., eventually found them and were directed to a mini bus out in the car park. We thought great we should get to PP quite quickly - wrong. After waiting in the hot sunshine for about 20 minutes we went looking for the reps to find out when the driver of the bus would come along only to find out that they did not know which buses anyone would be going on. We pointed out to the reps, that we had a child with diabetes in the party and that she needed to get her blood checked and given her insulin also that she would require something to eat soon. We were promised that it would not be long, eventually one of the reps. just said to us well there is a snack bar over there. What were we supposed to do, leave the bus area and go and sit in a snack bar, she obviously knows absolutely nothing about someone with diabetes. We eventually were put on a bus and were assured that we would be the first drop off - wrong again. After landing at Palma at 5:40 we got to the Flora Apartments around 8:30. :mad:

Sparky 21-07-2009 16:03

"It beggars belief that this can happen with such a large tour operator", is my first reaction. Then i think back to the days when i did package tours and i remember why i started DIY hols. First Choice, because of their inefficiency and nearly leaving me stranded in Mallorca became known to me and mine as LAST CHOICE.:eek:
They have obviously not improved.:rolleyes:

Wacker2611 21-07-2009 19:21

I agree, truly a pathetic performance from a company that should know better. It's not as if they've not had the practice is it? I'd go your own way in future, I'd bet it'd be less hassle and less waiting around and might be cheaper too.

Tonsyl 21-07-2009 19:26

First Choice

Interestingly, that was our last experience with FC, sitting on a crowded bus at Palma waiting for a late flight arrival before we could set off for PP. Thereafter, we either hire a car or take the public bus.

its cd 22-07-2009 00:09

Which brings me right back to the 'why the heck do people bother with package deals' post of a few weeks ago
There is no need to travel like cattle on other peoples terms and stay cramped up in apartments or hotels sharing bedrooms with your kids you wouldn't do it at home so why do it on holiday when you are supposed to be having a couple of weeks of fun
I rest my case

eleanor 22-07-2009 12:21

AND it often works out more expensive too!