Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 15:10

Default puertopollensa-holiday.com

Hi Everyone.

This is a really great website. I have been holidaying in and around Pollensa/Puerto Pollensa for quite a few years now. We always stay in a villa and have tried lots of great companies (Villaparade, Villaplus etc). We've always had super holidays.

However, this year I am trying to find something a little less expensive for August and having spent hours on the internet I came across puertopollensa-holiday.com. They seem to do apartments and villas which are VERY reasonable. It seems to be almost too good to be true. I wondered if anyone else has used them and could they give me any feedback, before I go ahead and book.

Thank you in anticipation.
Hannah
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 17:38

We, too, have booked various villas over the years with James Villas and Villa Plus and never had a problem. I had a quick look at the website and couldn't see any sign of them belonging to ABTA or ATOL.

Here's hoping someone on here has used them and they are reliable and good! Prices in August for a 2 bedroom villa were about 950 euros for the week, quite a bit cheaper than Villa Plus are quoting at the moment. The villa we booked last year is around £3000 for two weeks!

Good luck!

Jane
Old 04-01-2009, 15:20

Hello Jane

Thank you for taking the time to check out the website. The lack of ABTA ATOL was worrying me too.

Also, the villa I am interested in is 930 Euros for August and that includes a car!!

As a family, we really need to tighten our belts this year and this site is very tempting. I think I will have to go with my instincts though and perhaps not take the risk. It's such a shame. I was hoping that some of the forum members might have used them.

I will keep looking. I just can't afford to pay the £3,000 sort of price-tag that Villaparade etc charge in August. I think this year we might choose an apartment instead - better value for money perhaps.

I've looked on this site for private villas but haven't found anything yet.

Thank you again.

Hannah
Old 04-01-2009, 16:06
Founder

Hi Hannah,

you may already have found these on the website but there are 3 main options here:

- privately owned villas & apartment advertised by their owners or agents at www.puertopollensa.com/rentals
- local agents based in Mallorca (will charge in Euros) www.puertopollensa.com/localagents
- agents based in the UK who will charge in GBP & may do packages with flights, car hire etc. www.puertopollensa.com/TravelCompanies.html#villas

Hopefully you will find something here. Let us know how you ge on or need any more advice.
Old 06-01-2009, 13:14

Had a look at the PP-holidays site. Noticed that Villa V021 is one that we have previously stayed in and which is in the Sealand Villas brochure as villa Pedra Vista (excellent villa). The price quoted by PP holidays is 1900 euros for a week in August compared to £2025 with Sealand. Given the current exchange rate not as big a saving as previously but perhaps worth considering. We have booked before with a local company & had no problems but I suppose it depends how much you are willing to pay for peace of mind. Haven't had time to check if they feature other properties offered by Sealand. In our experience it's not unusual to see the same villa on a number of websites. Hope this is of some help.
Old 06-01-2009, 16:43

Default puertopollensa-holiday.com.

I also had a look at this site and the accommodation does seem to be very well priced indeed. As Jane says, hopefully someone will be able to confirm that the company is reliable and good. However, I noticed that an apartment which I have booked through Owners Direct for a week in July 2009 (A 015) is featured on the site and when I checked availability for my dates it says the apartment is available! Strange.

LK
Old 07-01-2009, 19:04

Take a look at Solmar villas - they have a really great website and reasonable prices. good luck.
Old 08-01-2009, 23:56

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I think I wont use them. I did think it was a bit strange that every single villa I looked at for whatever date was coming up as available. Even if I did book with them I think I wouldn't enjoy the buildup to the holiday in case it all went wrong.

I'm still looking. I've found some marvellous flights so I'll just have to keep searching.

Solmar villas do look very reasonable - I'll try them. Also I found that Majorca Farmhouses have a couple of not too expensive villas in the Campanet area. I'm such a ditherer! I must hurry up and bite the bullet before there's nothing left!

Thank you again everyone for your help.

Hannah
Old 09-01-2009, 16:25

Hannah

We used to book a villa through Mallorca Farmhouse Holidays until we found the local agent and cut MFH out saving a fortune so maybe you could try this? We used Portvill in CSV. Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2009, 19:16

we have used local agencies for the last 9 years..Bellamar and first but for the last 5 years Sol...they have been fantastic.
Old 11-01-2009, 13:53

Hi Hannah
We use Sealand villas every year..I have just been onto the website & noticed there were a lot of sealand villas on there.We checked one on the sealand site which is booked ,then went onto the other website & it said it was available.
A booking is only done by bank transfers into their bank & if you want to pay by credit card ,you have to use a link ..Strange !!.

Fay
Old 14-01-2009, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah70 View Post
It seems to be almost too good to be true.
That's what I thought

Mark.
Old 20-01-2009, 15:45
Founder

Default puertopollensa-holiday - Be Wary!

Further to this discussion, I have been contacted by one of our advertiser who has found out that her apartment is advertised on puertopollensa-holiday without her consent & showing rates cheaper that they are advertising. Apparently an enquirer asked about her apartment through this website & was told that it was available when it is not. She only found out when the same enquirer found her phone number through one of her genuine adverts.

She advertises on another rental site so we are not sure where they took her details from or what the objective is. She wonders if it may be a ploy to obtain deposits. The same company 'Top Tours Ltd ' are also running apartments-calador. We really don't know whether this company is guenuine or not, so do be wary.
Old 20-01-2009, 17:47

RE:- PUERTOPOLLENSA-HOLIDAY.COM

There seems to be a lot of speculation about this particular company but no one seems to have contacted them direct!
I have taken the time therefore to do just that and have suggested that the owners of said website might like to visit this forum and put their own case across.

My main reason for doing this is to emphasise that this site SHOULD NOT be confused with puertopollensa-holidayrentals.co.uk which appears to have happened on one or two occasions and is therefore causing some concern amongst one or two of the owners whose properties are advertised with us. I just wish to make it clear that our family run website is in NO WAY connected to the other site of a similar name.(namely puertopollensa-holiday.com)

I hope this is now clear and my apologies to those of you who have contacted my son & I with your concerns.

Sorry Zelda if I have 'crossed any lines' but this had to be said.
Old 20-01-2009, 17:57
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina39uk View Post
RE:- PUERTOPOLLENSA-HOLIDAY.COM

There seems to be a lot of speculation about this particular company but no one seems to have contacted them direct!
Actually several people have tried to contact them by telephone & email and have not been able to. The same company has websites for other areas in Mallorca & the Canaries and have raised a lot of concerns already. This post is about a company who appears to be advertising someone's property without their permission.