Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Travel Companies

Travel Companies Discussions related to experiences with specific travel companies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2009, 19:20

This could be a big problem, imagine if you rent a Villa and more than one family arrives on the same day because someone has also been renting it out elsewhere without the owner knowing...

Keys are usually in the door on changeover day at many villas as the owner expects arrivals.

If the genuine villa renter arrives on a late flight the other people could already be in the villa that you had paid for !

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 20-01-2009, 23:50

Gosh I'm so glad I didn't go ahead and book with this company. It just shows how easy it is to lose money by trusting things on the internet. Idon't understand how a website that looks on the surface to be so normal, can actually not be real (or however it should be described). Someone mentioned earlier that nobody had contacted them. I did - and I asked for directions and photos etc. the reply I got was very vague and made me feel even more suspicious. As ordinary people,what should we do if we come across what looks like a bit of a bogus company (i dont want to look as if I am gossiping but not sure what else to think). Isn't there some sort of internet police that should deal with this. If it wasn'tfor this wonderful site I might have booked with the company and lost my deposit.
Sorry I'm wittering but I feel strongly that people like me could be conned out of hard earned money by a company like this.

Thank you again everyone for your thoughts and help.

Hannah.
Old 21-01-2009, 00:16
Founder

Hi Hannah,

first of all I must stress that we do not know that there is a problem with this company. I can only report that we were contacted by one of our advertisers who had found out that her property was being advertised without her consent.

However if you do come across a company that you have issues with, you can always contact Trading Standards if the company has a UK address.

Regarding 'internet police', you can only check that they are abiding by the latest Ecommerce Regulations which require that all commercial web sites make the following information directly and permanently available to consumers via the website:

the company's name, postal address (and registered office address if this is different) and email address;
the company's registration number;
any Trade or Professional Association memberships;
the company's VAT number.

I would also check for a telephone number. There is more info here Selling online: an overview of the rules | OUT-LAW.COM

Remember that if you are interested in properties advertised on this site(puertopollensa.com), then you are dealing directly with either the owner of the property or their agent.
Old 27-01-2009, 18:53

I work in a local rental agency in Puerto Pollensa and have just been looking at this web page. I've noticed that one advertisement is of a block of apartments owned by a hotel group which are now up for sale and definitely not for rent. I've also spotted other ads of apartments which we offer and they have clearly used my photos! Genuine...very unlikely....
Old 10-02-2009, 15:30
Founder

As an update this website has now been closed down.

Webmaster
Old 17-02-2009, 16:06

Golly! I had a very lucky escape!
I think there are so many fabulous properties listed on this website (both privately and through reputable companies) that there really isn't any need to take a risk booking with a company that doesn't feel right.

I have since booked with a private chap from this website for Summer and with Villaparade for April. So I am very happy! With Villaparade, I even got the second week half price plus a hire car.

Sorry think I've gone off topic.

Hannah
Old 18-02-2009, 14:54
Under Moderation

yes you had a lucky escape they are scammers and have been reported to the police.
keith
Old 23-02-2009, 00:17
Under Moderation

Hannah, I've just joined this forum so may be too late for you now, but I have booked several apts from the Puerto Pollensa website as have members of my family and friends. I usually go for 'the south, sandy beach area' on the list of area. I'd love the pine walk area but find the apts there are more expensive.
Primrose
Old 04-04-2009, 12:15
Under Moderation

Exclamation caroled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
As an update this website has now been closed down.

Webmaster
re Top Tours Ltd advertising as puerto pollensa holidays.

I am one of those people who have been scammed and lost not only deposit of over 450 but also flights at 176 for May this year. I have tried to get monies back via my credit card who say because they carried out my instructions to pay via Moneybookers I will receive no money back from them. Is there anyone out there who has also lost money through being trusting of what appears a legitimate website? PLEASE PLEASE! It seems so wrong that I can do nothing to support others in the future. Anyone else got any ideas please.
caroled
Old 04-04-2009, 12:21
Under Moderation

Default Top Tours scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by k flannagan View Post
yes you had a lucky escape they are scammers and have been reported to the police.
keith
Keith Hi! Please can you give me further info. What Police where and how do I get in touch to link my info with any investigation ongoing? I have lost considerable funds due to this scam and as a retired person can ill afford this. I feel so ignorant and have lost confidence in the web as a result. My credit card company wont pay up as they say the action for payment to Moneybookers was made as per instructions and so I have no case. Hope to hear what action I can take.
caroled
Old 04-04-2009, 14:12
Founder

Caroled,

I am very sorry that you lost money through this but I have no further information for you. We were acting on behalf of property owners who had their properties fraudulently advertised on this site. I reported it to our local trading standards and advised other people to do so. A lot of the adverts were actually copied from another much larger rental website and they may have put pressure on the ISP who hosted the website to close the site but I have no information about what happened to the company itself.

Webmaster