Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Travel Companies (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/)
-   -   Extremely Very Disappointed (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/2803-extremely-very-disappointed.html)

Snowy 14-12-2006 01:19

Extremely Very Disappointed

Pollensa you need to look at a few other forums to get info on what's going on out in the real world in the travel industry.

Yet again you closed a thread that was interesting and informative, no wonder people have stop posting on this site, when all the the Web Master does, is close threads down when SHE does not like them, its nothing to do with being libellous

Sorry guys I had enough of this forum with Happy Hours etc. When I joined this site around 2003 I think it was, it was a great site, very helpful, good fun super group of people.

Now it all revolves around Happy Hour, Listening to, Smelling, Watching, Jokes and other non eventful topics all nothing to do with PP.

But when someone post a positive post about a Travel Company and PP what happens, it gets deleted and closed.

This is the post sent by u65714 with names removed.
Quote:

I know our subject got aborted last year because of detrimental comments from another customer let down by this company (although I had complete empathy for them as their situation almost mirrored ours) but I just want to remind anyone viewing this companies web site (*******) be very aware that if there are any problems with your holiday once they have your money they really do not want to know. They have a great knack of turning everything around to their advantage. I have never received any compensation from them for the disruption to my holiday and I would certainly check out any companies credentials before I booked independently again. Absolutely fabulous resort but make sure companies are ABTA registered or book a package holiday
Now what's libellous about that, no names, could be be any Tom, Dick or Harry Company.

Goodbye & Stuff it.

pollensa 14-12-2006 03:33

For the information of all forum members, the Pollensa Forum is NOT one of the Watchdog-type forums mentioned above. The costs of providing this forum are funded by Holiday Webs who own the Puertopollensa.com website. Therefore the Forum has to be moderated according to the commercial interests of that company. The company cannot afford the risk of having to defend any libel allegations.

For those who wish to complain about Travel Companies, there are plenty of other appropriate forums out there.

With regards to the comments made by Snowy, I can only say that I have been on the receiving end of several very abusive and bullying emails from him which I choose not to publish here. I am therefore very pleased to note his departure.

I now would like to close this matter and am locking this post.

I hope that the rest of the forum membership understands why and I wish you all a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and New Year.