Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Supermarkets. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/8510-supermarkets.html)

Sparky 12-03-2012 13:53

Supermarkets.

Just thought i would let you know that HyperCentro will be open on Sundays starting from the 18th March :D.

Nick 12-03-2012 15:14

Thanks for that Sparky and good news.

Should spread the surge of people through their handful of tills a bit better with an extra days opening?

Sparky 14-03-2012 13:56

Llidl are open Mon to Sat 9:15 til 21:15, not sure but i think they will also soon be opening on Sundays.:D

CHALKFAMILY 14-05-2012 19:12

lidl

Hi
I am staying at Las Golondrinas in the Gomar area of PP is there a Lidl near here. If so is it within walking distance.

Thanks
Julie x

Sparky 14-05-2012 19:30

The Lidl store is beside the big Eroski between Gommar and Pollensa Town.:)

Nick 14-05-2012 19:56

I'd say it's not within a reasonable walking distance, particularly if you're carrying bags of shopping !!!

Sparky 14-05-2012 20:10

I wonder if the bus stops nearby :confused:.

CHALKFAMILY 14-05-2012 20:42

Lidl

Hi
Do you know the Las Golondrinas Apartments. We used to walk to the Eroski towards PP town centre two years ago admit it was a drag with bags of shopping so is this the Eroski you speak about being near Lidl.
Julie x

eleanor 14-05-2012 21:15

Hi Julie. The Eroski near PP centre is not the Eroski next to the new Lidl. The Eroski and Lidl referred to are in the other direction towards the Old Town. We are not far from the Goldondrinas Apartments and would agree that the new Lidl is too far to walk especially on a hot day! The Eroski near the PP centre which you used on your previous visit would be closer. I'm not sure if you stayed in the same apartments or same area before but you will find there is a little shop just across the road by the White Rose (Rosa Blanca) which will be good for a little shop. You will find that it doesn't have much selection and is more expensive but ok for a bottle of water or litre of milk.
There is a bus stop at the top of the road so you may be able to jump on the bus to the new lidl but I'm not sure if there is a stop near the supermarkets although I suppose it seems logical.

CHALKFAMILY 15-05-2012 07:28

Thank you. I do remember the little supermarket near the white rose as I often used it for little items and also baguettes in morning for breakfast. Its just that I go to Lidls in the UK but I did like the Eroski maybe we can get a taxi back from their with our first bulk lot of shopping - do you know if there is a taxi rank nearby. Also have you ever done online shopping with them so that it can be delivered to the apartment. Appreciate your
help.
Julie x

CHALKFAMILY 15-05-2012 07:29

Hi Eleanor also just noticed you are from Essex I too am from Braintree in Essex - small world. Random I know xxxx

lollipop 15-05-2012 08:26

There is no taxi rank nearby to Eroski/Lidl , but I have a feeling that the bus may stop by the cooperative which is a short walk. This is the store that sells plants and things for the garden and pets on the main road. Will look next time I'm passing to see where the bus stops in case no-one else knows.

sws97sdg 15-05-2012 08:47

Yes there is a bus stop there, almost opposite I think, in fact must be about 4 stops between the port and the town, I think they are request stops so let the driver know you want the shops or ring the bell, and coming back stick your hand out!!

whaleywanderer 15-05-2012 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 71164)
There is no taxi rank nearby to Eroski/Lidl , but I have a feeling that the bus may stop by the cooperative which is a short walk. This is the store that sells plants and things for the garden and pets on the main road. Will look next time I'm passing to see where the bus stops in case no-one else knows.

The bus stop is outside the Cooperative (for buses going in the direction of the port) as Lollipop says, and on the other side of the road outside Cuixach (sp?) (for buses going in the direction of Pollensa). You will need to check the times as they are not often, particularly between 13:00 and 15:00 hrs.

You could always make a note of the telephone no. printed on the taxi rank board and give them a call from Lidl when you've finished shopping, they will pick you up from outside.

sws97sdg 15-05-2012 09:08

Yes Whaley, 'siesta' time ;-) , bus times are here, still current I think, bus times