Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   New LIDL? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/7890-new-lidl.html)

eleanor 23-09-2011 18:37

Yes I think they probably are! There are so many posts dotted around from people asking for advice regarding supermarkets and shopping generally. Those who self cater or rent a property still have a shop to do even when on holiday so I think there are a number of people who are bothered. If they receive the help they require by us answering a question and making their life on holiday a little easier then that is just fine.

favie 23-09-2011 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 64807)
Is anyone bothered ???!!!!

It's a Lidl's for goodness sake..........

Yes, many folk I would imagine.....locals should benifit with lower prices and good for self-catering tourists also.

We don't have one over here but my sister rates them highly for groceries!
Their wine is very reasonable too I believe.:)

cumberland8 23-09-2011 19:47

It's more a question of bringing our shopping experience into a fair price bracket,I am sure most of you experienced the extortinate prices we had to pay at the likes of Euroski,this year.
In most cases they were at least 30per cent more than the UK.
People are fed up to the back teeth to being ripped off because of their monopoly .
This does not do the Port any favours.

Deanscroft 23-09-2011 20:51

Let us not make the mistake of thinking that a Lidl here will have prices like a Lidl in the UK. All they have to do to attract business is to be slightly cheaper than the Eroski next door. This is certainly the case with the one in Alcudia where things are generally just slightly lower than the nearby competition but some products are still cheaper in the Mercadonna.

whaleywanderer 24-09-2011 09:56

Really looking forward to shopping in Lldl, it will be good to have options. Imo competition is always a good thing.

Nanette447 24-09-2011 11:20

Eroski

Hi all

We have stayed in pollensa town the past two years and love it. We usually stay on the outdoors near cellar el moli, but this year we will be staying at can curt which is nearby, We always shop at the eroski on the main road, has this now gone and been replaced by lidl?

We will be having a car this year, so can travel if lidl isn't open yet.

Thanks in advance

Nanette

Sparky 24-09-2011 11:38

Welcome to the forum Nanette. The new Lidl store has been built beside the Eroski store so we will have a bigger choice and hopefully better prices.:D

animagic21 24-09-2011 13:26

Sparky, not sure of location, do you mean on that straight piece of road from what we call the "pots" roundabout down into PP? Where you would turn off to go to CSV & there is/was a supermarket on the right going towards the port? We are over in 12 days & are hoping Lidl will be open! Thanks! PS hope the weather improves again!!!

Belladonna 24-09-2011 15:42

Exactly there animagic. Cannot believe that they have opened right next door to Eroski - hopefully it will bring a great price war to benefit us shoppers!
The building is going up ridiculously fast, but I dont really think it will be up and serving in 12 days. I am sure it will be by November though, and will be testing it out for sure! :rolleyes:

eleanor 24-09-2011 16:41

Apparently according to husband they use what many architects are using and known as SIP method of building which means a building is up in no time at all!
Probably much more complicated than my explanation but i'm afraid I turned off! lol Suddenly the rugby seems very interesting!!!

Belladonna 24-09-2011 16:52

Ah, but watching the builders actually working can be just as interesting!;)

animagic21 24-09-2011 16:57

Thanks for info Belladonna. Yes it is weird Lidl has been built next door, will be interesting to see what happens! shame about this year, but hopefully we'll be over in 2012!

eleanor 24-09-2011 16:58

emmm say no more Bella! lol

Great to have you back - pleased you had a good time - lots of posts to follow?? look forward to it!

eleanor 24-09-2011 17:34

Back to Lidl - I'm sure if they have the same impact in Mallorca as they do here then Eroski will find itself with a problem. Personally I don't care about the colour of their shelves - it's their good prices I welcome!

fil6699 26-09-2011 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 64807)
Is anyone bothered ???!!!!

It's a Lidl's for goodness sake..........

LOL you obviously don't do any shopping in PP for any length of time (lucky you) If you did you would know exactly why this is a great addition to the Port in UK it may be just a Lidl here in PP it means greater choice better value and competition for Eroski who have the monopoly. bet if you call in next time your out you will see why lots of us are bothered.:)