Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   Bringing back a gift (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/6819-bringing-back-gift.html)

Abbess 09-11-2010 22:28

Bringing back a gift

What is thought of as a traditional but not tacky gift to bring back home from the North of the island? What would people like to have brought back for them but not including food?

eleanor 09-11-2010 22:55

My daughter likes to bring back a piece from the glass making factory just a few miles from Pollensa. She has quite a small collection now.

It is a nice place to wonder and watch the craft of glass blowing. They have some really nice things to buy ranging from a basic vase to light fittings to dinner services and drinking glasses to name just a few ideas. Well worth a visit.

Abbess 09-11-2010 23:53

Thank you eleanor that sounds like a good present to bring home as it is made locally. I hope they bubble wrap things there to stop them from breaking on the way home!

Lorenzo 10-11-2010 00:47

Gifts to bring home

Yes the glass factory is well worth a visit. Lots of lovely gifts there to choose from. As Eleanor says, it's lovely to be able to actually watch the glass blowers at work too.

There is also an excellent leather shop next door, called En Piel, where you might find a nice handbag, purse or belt to take back. Lovely choice of shoes there as well :D

And whilst you are there, try out the excellent buffet in Menestralia, the restaurant and the same site. Sounds like a great day out to me!

Joanne 10-11-2010 07:02

There is a nice ceramic shop in Old Pollensa near to I think Eu Centro restaurant, we have quite a collection from their now our favourite pieces being the gekkos that we put on the wall in our conservatory.

Abbess 10-11-2010 08:40

Thank you all very much. That has given me a few bits to look at with quite a bit of choice and a good price range. Much better thaan Kiss Me Quick hats!

Belladonna 10-11-2010 10:01

Hi Abbess, welcome to the forum. On the same track as Joanne, you could also look for tiles. They come in many sizes, from tiny little squares to large picture ones, and can show many scenes or single little pictures. Some glazed ones are good for indoors and others good for hanging on garden walls etc. Obviously the larger ones are not that good weight wise to take home!;)

roig cat 10-11-2010 12:17

I have been collecting glassware from the shop in Pollensa town called Artesania (Productos de Mallorca) (Google for website). The lady who owns the shop has always packed my items well and nothing has broken (yet!)

I didnt realise there was a glass factory near Pollensa, does anyone have the address and visiting times?

Belladonna 10-11-2010 12:22

Hi Roigcat. Just found their website, but haven't checked their links so not sure if it gives opening times. Hope this helps though.

Home - Menestralia de campanet - Glass artisan in Mallorca, production and exhibition

lollipop 10-11-2010 15:15

They are usually open until 1pm and then again from 3pm,but sometimes this changes in the winter so may need to drive out and check.

roig cat 11-11-2010 10:20

I have sent an email re opening times.Thanks for the link.
Does anyone know if Easyjet let you take a carrier bag on board as well as your hand luggage!

Belladonna 11-11-2010 10:27

Only if you have after you have booked in and bought things in Duty Free I'm afraid!:o

ray 11-11-2010 16:38

Don't expect any smiley customer focussed service from the staff at Menestralia, think they were trained by the ai`rport check in staff

Jimbo the Jambo 11-11-2010 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 52235)
Hi Abbess, welcome to the forum. On the same track as Joanne, you could also look for tiles. They come in many sizes, from tiny little squares to large picture ones, and can show many scenes or single little pictures. Some glazed ones are good for indoors and others good for hanging on garden walls etc. Obviously the larger ones are not that good weight wise to take home!;)

Thanks for the tip Bella.

Dodgy tiles are o.k. by me. Can I order 35 sq.m. and, is delivery free?

cheers,
jimbo

Belladonna 11-11-2010 22:13

LOL! It did sound a bit like a sales pitch didnt it Jimbo!? Probably because we intend to look for them ourselves and have already considered the weight issue!