Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Shopping (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/)
-   -   What you cant get here (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/shopping/6806-what-you-cant-get-here.html)

joelise80 04-11-2010 21:12

You could be on to something there Sparky - some sort of parcel exchange system :D
I always bring home Marie Lu biscuits, usually enough to open one packet every couple of months between visits. Sad I know but it just takes me back to PP with each cup of coffee and biscuit.
I love Eroski blueberry jam and their really cheap rose wine.
The other items I used to bring home was Caprabo wash tablets, one wash load drying in winter smelt just like holidays. Smell must be a very evocative sense judging by the other posts of holidays in PP.
Our boys like us to bring home the dinosaur shaped chocolate covered biscuits for them - although they don't take them to work or school in their pack up boxes... :)

Belladonna 04-11-2010 22:48

OH YES!!! I forgot about the dinosaur biscuits! I bought them once for a friend who came to the apartment with her children. They wouldnt touch them for some reason, so I ended up eating the lot over the next few days, and loved them! Must remember to get them again - thanks jo!

its cd 05-11-2010 01:50

St Milan creme cheese .... its a bit like philadelphia but nicer ..... you can only get it in Hiper as eroski doesn't sell it .... spread it on that lovelly brown nutty bread they sell in the bakeries or just dip the dog biscuits in it

Also the packs of pate they sell in eroski ..... 3 to a pack ..... pimento; fines herbes and plain ........ fantastico to quote a certain waiter

The caremalised almonds from the market

BUT best of all the wonderful view of the bay at twilight

Rosie34 05-11-2010 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 52082)
LOL!!! I could call it PPP.com ;).

I'l be your first customer Sparky:)

eleanor 05-11-2010 11:25

For me it would have to be the paella herb and spice packs from Alcampo! They are just great. Not sure if anywhere else sells them but I suppose they must. A little like our Coleman's packs. I use them obviously when making Paella but also add a pack to many other recipes too.

northern star 05-11-2010 15:26

I cannot usually drink coffee as it keeps me awake all night. I do find that Nescafe Decaff Classic which I buy in Eroski suits me fine on holiday in Puerto Pollensa. On returning home I cannot find it anywhere - only Nescafe Original - but I am wide awake for hours. I also found a good line in Activia yoghurts - back here, same make but not the same yoghurt. No wonder the people are so nice in Pollensa, they can sleep nights, and they have their tums feeling great!

Mark 05-11-2010 19:13

1. Tasty Tomatoes :)

2. Peppers that would be rejected by shops in England because they are muddy and dont look like plastic.

3. Eroski tinned black olives, really cheap.

Rinse them in bottled water, drain them, put them in a small dish and pour on olive oil from Eroski, cheap and fantastic :D
No need for fancy ones in glass jars.

( Sainsburys tinned black olives are almost identical though)
Sainsbury's online groceries

search for item code 0176101 :)

-

Kym 05-11-2010 20:22

The eroski cheap rose wine. It really is very good so cheap though it is easy to drink as water!

Belladonna 05-11-2010 23:47

Thanks for number 1 Mark!;)